Best Point Guard in the NBA

Options

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook
    it doesnt have to say entire career, westbrook being a better point guard than cp3 is a joke. faster, yes. more athletic, yes. more willing to shoot and play ? ball, yes. better point guard, ? no.

Westbrook already has more playoff success then CP3 and he's been in the league half as long. He's better at all of those things you listed plus he's a better defensive player by a mile.. don't let this playoff series fool you. Hes just as good a scorer if not better and he has better size nh. He's not the pure Pg chris paul is but he does play the position and he plays it effectively which is why he's listed in the pole. The media kills him and it's skewed a lot of people's opinions on Russ but he's no doubt one of the top 5 players in the league.

lets say all u just posted is correct(i say top 10, u say top 5), how u gon try to ? me for my trade during the fantasy league if thats the case?! lmao.

but yea, i wouldnt say russell is a better defensive player really, i think cp3 is slightly better. im not letting this playoff series fool me at all, this series has been WAY better than his memphis series, dude is mostly playing like a POINT GUARD. but cp3 been the point guard in the league for a long time now, if russ can put it together and stop with all the erratic shots and make his teammates better more consistently over the next year or so, i might consider him up closer to cp3.

This is aint fantasy its real life bruh.. and you traded Westbrook for Durant smh Give me Westbrook over Paul all day tho but it's close. Top 5 PGs in the NBA

1a.Westbrook
    1b.Parker
    3.Paul
    4.Curry
    5.Wall
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chris Paul
    i know its real life, and only in a fantasy world can a player that struggles to consistently avoid ? ball and run an offense is better than the best floor general in the league by leaps and bounds lol, westbrook is great tho, but put cp3 on the thunder in place of westbrook and cp3 would be avg 12 and a half ast a game. westbrook aggressiveness is a gift and a curse, the gif in ur sig says basically tells the whole story.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Paul
    Lmaooo that's deserves a spot in the dumb thread

How you gon bring up Russ playoff success as if he don't play with the KD

I can't even have serious conversation with a ? claiming Russ a better point guard than CP3

Watch how they both run their teams and tell me it's close
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Russell Westbrook
    R.D. wrote: »

I can't even have serious conversation with a ? claiming Russ a better point guard than CP3

Russ is equally as important to the Thunders success as KD. We saw what happened last year with out RW. Look at them now.. Like I said Paul is a better pure PG but Russ is a modern point guard who's strength is to shoot first and ask questions later. Rose..Curry.. Kyrie.. Wall these guys aren't pure PGs but they do get their teammates involved occasionally but they are all shoot first point guards. Russ is a better player then Paul.. which would make him the best point guard in the league.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chris Paul

Russ is equally as important to the Thunders success as KD. We saw what happened last year with out RW. Look at them now.. Like I said Paul is a better pure PG but Russ is a modern point guard who's strength is to shoot first and ask questions later. Rose..Curry.. Kyrie.. Wall these guys aren't pure PGs but they do get their teammates involved occasionally but they are all shoot first point guards. Russ is a better player then Paul.. which would make him the best point guard in the league.

no, lebron is a better player and distributes more that dont make him the best PG, stop.

paul is a better pure PG, u said it ur self, this thread is asking who is the best PG in the nba, well there u go...

and curry and wall can run offenses more consistently and are better "pure PG's" than stressbrook also. if cp3, wall, or curry had durant on their team they'd do a lot more with the total team offense on a consistent basis than stressbrook does. like ive said b4, there's no way a great pg takes the amount of shots and the ill timed shots that russell does with durant on his team, yall love dudes aggressiveness cuz its similar to kobe's and its what all ? wanna do on their local courts, shoot, shoot, shoot, fake a pass, shoot, rebound, then pass. aka ? ball. its a gift and a curse.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Russell Westbrook

no, lebron is a better player and distributes more that dont make him the best PG, stop.

paul is a better pure PG, u said it ur self, this thread is asking who is the best PG in the nba, well there u go...

and curry and wall can run offenses more consistently and are better "pure PG's" than stressbrook also. if cp3, wall, or curry had durant on their team they'd do a lot more with the total team offense on a consistent basis than stressbrook does. like ive said b4, there's no way a great pg takes the amount of shots and the ill timed shots that russell does with durant on his team, yall love dudes aggressiveness cuz its similar to kobe's and its what all ? wanna do on their local courts, shoot, shoot, shoot, fake a pass, shoot, rebound, then pass. aka ? ball. its a gift and a curse.

You can throw out all the hypotheticals you want. You don't know if KD would be better off with a different situation playing with someone else. What I do know is they are playing great basketball and have been consistently one of the top teams in the west these last few years and like I said RW is equally responsible for that success..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Paul
    Lmaooo just seen John Wall in your top 5...I quit
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chris Paul
    Saying "Point Guard A is a better player than Point Guard B therefore Point Guard A is a better point guard than Point Guard B" is horrible logic.

Better player overall does not necessarily = better at that position.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Paul
    From a pure point standpoint russ ain't even top 5
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Parker
    If the Clips lose this series then its not Paul
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Parker
    I wanna say CP3 easy but the fact that Parker ain't no slouch and has the hardware to prove it makes him the logical choice to me
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Parker
    If Russ didn't have a shoot first mentality the clippers would have won last game
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Chris Paul
    russ's shoot first mentality would have been irrelevant if clips didnt keep making mistakes towards the end, they would have won the game w/o those and a ? call
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker
    That's my point if Russ doesn't take that 3 that CP fouls him on and decides to look for Durant who knows what happens the fact he is unpredictable is OKC biggest asset
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker
    And what call was ? ?
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker
    Parallel wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    If Russ didn't have a shoot first mentality the clippers would have won last game

And OKC might already have a ring if he didn't.

See how easy it is to make a claim?

So you saying he is the reason they lost to the heat
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker
    Anybody know what stats they were talking bout when they said Westbrook was avg somethin nobody but Oscar Robertson put up
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook is a small 2 masquerading as a 1
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Paul
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »

Exactly.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Parker

that would be wrong though, james harden is why they don't have a ring
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker

That's the main reason I don't like the criticism he gets he is the same player he was at UCLA and OKC knew what they were getting when they drafted him
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker

So you saying he is the reason they lost to the heat

No I'm saying anyone can make claims about stuff that can't be proven.

I think Westbrook is great and takes a lot of unnecessary heat from fans/media. I feel like the media is trying to drive a wedge between Durant and Westbrook for some reason. ? is weird.

The proof is that he could have looked for someone on that play Paul fouled him for 3 on but because he has a scorers mentality he pulled up trying to win the game and did
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker
    That media ? is weird tho last year it was they needed Russ now it's he needs to defer to KD that ? infamous posted wit the NBA final four timeline shows that without him they prolly won't win a chip and that's a direct correlation to his aggressive approach to the game
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook

That's the main reason I don't like the criticism he gets he is the same player he was at UCLA and OKC knew what they were getting when they drafted him

He didn't play PG at UCLA
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Tony Parker

He didn't play PG at UCLA

I didn't say he did lol