Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
So if you watched the undercard last weekend, you remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juq2N6s_CjM

Well the WBC banned him for it...

Link
The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements.

Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways , the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive .

Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned Championship and will be excluded from the WBC Ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world.

Fair / Foul: Adrien Broner suspended by the WBC 99 votes

Fair. They're right to suspend him. He should apologize.
38%
f.cashflow99dalyricalbandit[Deleted User]davidbrooksS2JFocal Pointthe ghostGot Em Shookbigduece69mindrightfortyacresobnoxiouslyfreshPurrhueyCopperStewnycest_1illestni99ainneMr PopoLurkristocrat 38 votes
Foul. He shouldn't have to apologize. Like he said, he beat the ? out of a "Mexi-CAN".
45%
Dupaclion_heartOhMarsplaymaker88ethosalmighty breezemiamivice305CP203aneed123nex ginintlhakgman82kzzlriddlerapDOPEdweebzMr.LVCallMeWelvintexasdaking88NothingButTheTruthMister B. 45 votes
Who knows, I just want to see the poll results.
16%
dwade206themadlionsfanilledoutspit_fiyawmj710RiGGAIgot5onitA$AP_A$TONSour-CreamAristo_V300Vader_F_KennedyKamPushMeblu197Peezy_Jenkinsmonolithicsaracenwire 16 votes

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul. He shouldn't have to apologize. Like he said, he beat the ? out of a "Mexi-CAN".
    Unless dude isn't Mexican I don't see the problem would they suspend him if he said can-eh-dian (you see it ? ) ? That ? was light.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul

There was no disparing attachments to mexican if you watched broner before he did this lame monologue before..hes an idiot but these comments weren't remotely racist

This is another instance of his can man monologue

2 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbE1enuimNo
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody wanna be Ali but they would never sacrifice and standup like Cassius
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That whole lil ? was kinda Unnecessary .
    ? was Feeling himself for not getting knocked out again & said some Dumb/Corny ? IMO .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldnt be anything honest if he did apologize.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could give a ? but that ? sucks.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ some dude brushing his hair during an interview

No grown heterosexual man should be comfortable doing that
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember one of my friends saying he was being racist and although I can't stand Broner I defended him.

It was a reckless statement but not racist IMO.
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea his statement did come off as inappropriate at the time ,esp when most viewers are Mexicans.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would of been racist if he said he beat a Mexicant or something, I didn't see the big deal, he thought he was being witty and clever, just came across like an idiot though.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was suspended for saying in a post-fight interview "I just beat the ? out of a Mexican." Dont see how that can be foul.

Granted, that was a play on a Richard Pryor joke that may be older than some of u, but yes, the suspension is justified.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? ? , welcome to 'Murica!
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Lol @ some dude brushing his hair during an interview

No grown heterosexual man should be comfortable doing that

thats his dad brushing his hair but still I agree with you. its some ? ass ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    From what I understand if he just makes an apology or clarifies that he meant no harm, he is immediately reinstated. So it's really just a way to force this fool to see that there is a certain way you should present yourself and your foolishness is ? off our viewership and paid advertisers.

Admittedly, he didn't say anything racist, but his statement could be taken as racially charged, abrasive and inappropriate.

Broner has to stop with the ignorant antics and just box.

That is why he got suspended. Essentially they're tired of him making a public ass out of himself and want him to know "We can and will move on in this sport without you"
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They just did it to look good in front of the organization's fans. Mexicans love those green belts.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was the truth tho
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a time and a place for everything... he chose wrong
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Though what he said was classless and tasteless, worst things have been said and done in boxing. From Tyson telling reporters he'll ? them in their ass till they love him while calling them ? , to Bernard Hopkins throwing the PR flag on the ground. I'm not saying he should not be suspended, I'm just indifferent. Broner is looking like a joke though.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Though what he said was classless and tasteless, worst things have been said and done in boxing. From Tyson telling reporters he'll ? them in their ass till they love him while calling them ? , to Bernard Hopkins throwing the PR flag on the ground. I'm not saying he should not be suspended, I'm just indifferent. Broner is looking like a joke though.

I bet noone will stamd by this ? cuz theyre ? cowards