Fair / Foul: Adrien Broner suspended by the WBC

Options

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows, I just want to see the poll results.
    Why are they cowards?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul. He shouldn't have to apologize. Like he said, he beat the ? out of a "Mexi-CAN".
    I just told you y
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see how it was corny and wack, but racist? so he's racist against Africans?
    if i say i'm in a Japanese car, am I racist?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    Fair. They're right to suspend him. He should apologize.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    they did exactly what the ? you are suppose to do.
    the fight was over.
    all that jaw jackin and jibber jabbering should have been over at the final bell, unless he was attempting to set up interest in a rematch.

he should be looking forward, not backwards.

also... you ? know good and gotdamn well yall be sore den a ? if someone referred to you by your race instead of your title.

hell... lord only knows how you ? would have reacted if the shoe was on the other foot, and somebody said, "i beat the ? out that Boy."

yall be the same ? screaming Free C-Murder!

It happened a couple months ago when @Haf wife referred to his ex as a black ? . She was instantly deemed a racist.
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was only right...We can't continue to call for punishment on other races when they say or do anything remotely racist..and then not be held accountable for making similar comments..what our ancestors went thru shouldn't be an excuse to be ignorant mufuckas...
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul, but that ? needs to stop running his mouth so much trying to be the next Mayweather Jr and spend more time honing his craft.

If he wants to be like Floyd, he needs to look more at Mayweather's work ethic (hard work/dedication) than how he promotes himself.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul. He shouldn't have to apologize. Like he said, he beat the ? out of a "Mexi-CAN".
    bhop slammed the puertorican flag....in puerto rico....

i don't like broner either... but c'mon
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny ass dude. '? tha fight, im thinkin the Bengals should get Vick'

But you clearly gotta give a light punishment for that. Then he'll apologize and everybody moves on. Easy

And My GOODNESS i hate Jim Gray how is he still working.
  • S2J
    edited May 2014
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    He pretty much said he beats "Afri-CANs" too, what's the problem ?
    s.free wrote: »
    Unless dude isn't Mexican I don't see the problem would they suspend him if he said can-eh-dian (you see it ? ) ? That ? was light.
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    It was the truth tho

Some black people got a serious problem wtith the "victim" mentality. Like we can never do wrong. And i actually DONT think a black person can really be considered "racist", but cmon. "Beat the ? out of a mexican". How tha ? you let that slide? Yall nggas got battered housewife syndrom. Whoa is me ass nggas.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It's dude's thing. He's the can-man. Anybody can get it. Africans, Mexicans.

Even if you think it's stupid, there's nothing racist about it.

In one of Mayweather's early-career post-fight interviews, he said Mexicans are good at takin' head shots or some ? like that, and nobody took that the wrong way.

So a dude pretty much can't say "he beat the ? out of ___________" at the end of the fight ?

Boxers gotta be PC and extra sensitive ?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know he is gonna say something stupid. So to prevent him from doing that,don't interview him after a fight. Don't give this idiot a platform.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    bhop slammed the puertorican flag....in puerto rico....

i don't like broner either... but c'mon

Bhop was like I would never let a whiteboy beat me lol
  • S2J
    Options

In one of Mayweather's early-career post-fight interviews, he said Mexicans are good at takin' head shots or some ? like that, and nobody took that the wrong way.

So a dude pretty much can't say "he beat the ? out of ___________" at the end of the fight ?

Stop. There's nothing wrong with the video Playmaker posted, but this one is wrong. We're not robots. We have intelligence. We can differentiate between two seemingly identical events.

I'll beat a African, dominican, mexican, american-fair.
    I'll beat a african, i just beat THE ? out of a mexican.-foul

If you cant see that, its becase you dont want to see it.
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If A white boxer would've said "I just beat the ? out of A black man" after A fight he won I guarantee y'all would be singing a different tune..? would turn into Huey Newton or Malcolm X around this ? quick..
  • 7figz
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Stop. There's nothing wrong with the video Playmaker posted, but this one is wrong. We're not robots. We have intelligence. We can differentiate between two seemingly identical events.

I'll beat a African, dominican, mexican, american-fair.
    I'll beat a african, i just beat THE ? out of a mexican.-foul

If you cant see that, its becase you dont want to see it.

Both those ? sound exactly the same to me. Dude's only saying he beat'em, nothing racist about 'em.
    If A white boxer would've said "I just beat the ? out of A black man" after A fight he won I guarantee y'all would be singing a different tune..? would turn into Huey Newton or Malcolm X around this ? quick..

Nah bruh. If they said some ? like "I beat the ? out of a ? " or some other derogatory ? , then I could see it.

And, on that note, who knows what the ? all of those non-English speaking MFs be saying ?

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

People really misuse this whole "being PC" thing. Not being PC doesn't give you a license to say stupid ? or act an ass w/o consequence. The ? was more stupid of him than anything else. He said something stupid and is now facing a small consequence for it. That's how the real world works.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ? was unprofessional as ? . secondly, a warrior should remain humble in victory
  • 7figz
    edited May 2014
    Options
    In the other thread, MFs was gettin' on Lil' Wayne for the confrontation with Maidana but 9 times out of 10, that MF or his clique was saying some racist ? too, AND even threw a bottle.

I hope y'all sayin' it's fair would have the same conviction on suspending Maidana if that was the case too.

I wouldn't apologize for ? . My statement would be "Let me clarify: I beat the ? out of him, and he was Mexican."
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forced apologies are pointless.
  • 7figz
    Options
    You ain't gotta like the dude.

You ain't gotta agree with his personality.

You could think what he said is stupid.

But racist ?

Racially insensitive - yes, but who gives a ? especially when he'd have said it about any race.

Worthy of a suspension - when you got ? running around (likely) using PEDs and not gettin' suspended ?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid? Yes.
    Racist? No.

I'm sure this wouldn't have even been an issue if he would've stopped at Afri-Cans.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows, I just want to see the poll results.
    he needs to shut the ? up

GOAT sig bruh
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cartel about to send somebody to pay him a visit.