Yo, how in da fukk did MARK JACKSON lose his head coaching job???

Options
Lustchyld
Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
Let's talk about it

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like relationship with GM and owner went sour. I was skeptical of him coaching but the preacher did a good job for the most part. Should get another job
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ^^^might be some undercover racist ? though
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw no racism just treating people like ? especially his assistant coaches. Read grantland bro.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Wouldn't put it pass white folks. I dunno my racism radar didn't go off for this one.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah this ? is not racist they just had different views outlooks. The nba been firing coaches on some ? on all races recently from Karl, Del ? and now Jackson. They might regret this move cause the nba is more about having a voice that people thank anything and that team rode for Jackson.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was he really a good coach to begin with?

i'm just sayin tho
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    was he really a good coach to begin with?

i'm just sayin tho

Been saying the same thing too. He was a glorified motivational speaker. Not that good of a coach...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duke couldn't coach worth ? ...curry s brilliance really saved him
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u cant take away from what he did....
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^Goat post

I actually was gonna make a thread about this before he got fired

If you've watched the Wire, this is season 5, Gus' boss grooming Templeton and no matter what Gus does, the boss wants his guy

You damn right it's racial. A black man cant rock the boat. Black man csnt be onery

Whens the damn last time you heard an ASSISTANT coach, fresh out the league, doesnt talk to the HC, and bc of that the HC gets blame?? This ? is crazy and very subliminal. A first yr asst coach refusing to talk to the head coach and they back the asst...wow
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    ^^^Goat post

I actually was gonna make a thread about this before he got fired

If you've watched the Wire, this is season 5, Gus' boss grooming Templeton and no matter what Gus does, the boss wants his guy

You damn right it's racial. A black man cant rock the boat. Black man csnt be onery

Whens the damn last time you heard an ASSISTANT coach, fresh out the league, doesnt talk to the HC, and bc of that the HC gets blame?? This ? is crazy and very subliminal. A first yr asst coach refusing to talk to the head coach and they back the asst...wow

The leader usually gets the blame. That's how it almost always goes. This ? wasn't racial. It's not just about rocking the boat. They said he didn't get along with anyone above him. That will almost always get you fired, white or black. I'm not saying he deserved to be fired. They are stupid for firing him given the success his team has had. But it doesn't make it a racist firing he's genuinely unliked and they get rid of him because of that.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sense some racidm involved....that's just me.....if they replace him with steve kerr pr a white coach....a guy who has no coaching experience. ..then racism is involved

I hope they get one of those black cosches who have experience looking for a job....
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Hollins getting fired right he took Memphis to the WCF its total BS
    Naw no racism just treating people like ? especially his assistant coaches. Read grantland bro.

Its a case of his assistant coaches was trying to undermind him White Mamba who Jackson wanted to fire Organization chose to keep him and reassign him to the D-League b/c there rumors saying White Mamba was trying to act like the Head Coach
    "With any staff or any job, there's going to be difference in philosophies. At the end of the day, whoever's in charge makes a decision, and that's the way you go. And we're united. Whether we're right, wrong or indifferent, and I think that's important.

We are tied together. To me, that can't be debated. But with any coach or organization, you're going to have difference of opinions. But when you come out of the door, it's united, and that's the way it's supposed to be.
    "-Mark Jackson
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2005600-mark-jackson-reportedly-forces-reassignment-of-warriors-coach-brian-scalabrine#articles/2005600-mark-jackson-reportedly-forces-reassignment-of-warriors-coach-brian-scalabrine

And the other assistant Erman was secretly taping convo's with other players and coaches without their consent and thats illegal. So Jackson had a right to fire him
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think he'd be a great fit for another GS-esque team: Cleveland. If he doesnt take a job this summer and Mike Borwn struggles again next year, i think it happens.

People talk about "motivational speaker" like its a bad thing. You cant underestimate the power of guys ready to run thru a wall for you. Especially young guys.

Good luck to Steve kerr or whatever lilly white guy they hire with 1) Managing the elephant in the room of a "veterean leader" making tons of money while avg 9 ppg (Iguodala), while his younger back up is actually better than him -Harrison Barnes

Good luck gettin the most out of Draymond Green again

Good luck managing a reckless ngga like Jordan Crawford Lol

GS went from a new team i like to a team i hope falls on its face.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would love him in Cleveland then young ? need some motivational speaking/coaching mike brown ain't head coach material... He would make a great assistant tho
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because in the eyes of The Owner, GM and Jerry West he was a Rebellious ? , as a Bay Area Resident he didn't agree, listen, got along with the Front Office.

Mark Jackson had an interview yesterday with Monty Poole an bay area sports writer and said he wasn't going to come back after his contract was up anyways
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to mention his stance on ? 's. And I think somebody in that front office is openly ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    It's harder to prove racism in this instance because of the string of playoff winning head coaches who have been fired the past few years but something is up with the merry go round of the same names every year for coaching jobs not getting a shot while unproven coaches get a shot year after year
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Dion Waters for Harrison Barnes?
    Who says no
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody

And I'm not even a Barnes fan
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    "After Jackson was hired, the embarrassing story came out that he had been extorted by a stripper a few years back, who allegedly had nude pictures of Jackson. In another embarrassment, an associate of his church who had attended his hiring press conference was arrested on drug trafficking charges. Those issues led to charges of hypocrisy by a man who thumped the bible as often as possible."

*Ghostface voice* oooh rev ain't right lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ass Scalabrine, the nerve of him. And white man taping ? convo gets a job in Boston. While the head coach gets fired even after back to back playoff appearances and endorsement by the franchise player.

What I was hearing is that Mark wasn't very sociable with the owner. Which is dumb, he's the coach not your homie.