Grantland: What if This is OKC's Last Shot?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people act like Harden would of been comfortable the whole time in OKC being a 3rd option or sixth man. lol I don't think dude would of just sit there and be comfortable with that position.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Okc should have kept harden and trade ibaka......I would take hardens scoring anyday......see how much stresss durant and westbrook face when your bench only scores 5 points
    You're an idiot

OKC needs discipline and to develop these young players like they did when they sucked if they not going bring in established players
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why do people act like Harden would of been comfortable the whole time in OKC being a 3rd option or sixth man. lol I don't think dude would of just sit there and be comfortable with that position.

because he would not have stayed. Somebody was going to throw the money that he wanted to see

He is the best 2 in the league, so there was no way he would've played in Durant & Westbrook shadow.............& he still young too. Oh yea, he going where the money is at

Westbrook contract is 78 million for 5 years

Harden contract is 80 million for 5 years. There's no way OKC would've kept him yet he'll still be a 3rd option. Harden went where the money was at & getting paid more than Westbrook
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

because he would not have stayed. Somebody was going to throw the money that he wanted to see

He is the best 2 in the league, so there was no way he would've played in Durant & Westbrook shadow.............& he still young too. Oh yea, he going where the money is at

Harden contract is 80 million for 5 years. There's no way OKC would've kept him yet he'll still be a 3rd option. Harden went where the money was at & getting paid more than Westbrook

You can't be the best 2 in the league playing the ? defense Harden plays. He good but he ain't th best
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    1st team All nba...

Say they had no choice but to trade him is 1 thing, but people forget what they got in return was a player gone the next year (Martin) and the pick that turned out to be Adams

This in exchange for a 1st team NBA player at age 23
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn.....thread looking like ground zero
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »

You can't be the best 2 in the league playing the ? defense Harden plays. He good but he ain't th best

I'm not a fan of James Harden because he have ? defense but they was crowning him 1st or 2nd best in the league.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good point, well written. I think Durant still has to develop into a vocal leader and become a playmaker for them to win. His lack of weight hurts him a little bit. I see your point though. I wouldn't be surprised if he never wins. I rooted for them once but I don't think I'll do it again. I hate people whose game is primarily jump shots. He's as cold as you get (minus stephen curry) with the J, but in championships you have to drive. He drives too, but I don't know. He's too good to make too many critiques about
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should've gave Perry Jones some burn.
  • R.D.
    Options
    It's definitely time for Durant to take the next step as a leader but like I been telling everybody, He's 25
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    KD needs to be a threat to score in the post. They need a better bench and they better hope Houston doesn't overtake them. Houston is the one team that can add a third star and wreck short term title chances on the west.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thagame wrote: »
    KD needs to be a threat to score in the post. .

He gotta bulk up more.....you remember how cp3 guarded kd?
  • R.D.
    Options
    I remember CP3 getting buckets on his head when they gave him the ball but they lost the game so that didn't happen
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Okc been a poorly constructed team since the inception

Presti no genius everyone knew durant nice and Westbrook was a "potential" monster type player in college...

Explain Perkins
    Lamb
    Kevin Martin
    Harden trade
    Jeff green
    Yada yada yada

Shout out to that buzz Aldrich center dude they drafted to hold it down, How'd that work out??

Presti living off that popovich swag
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okc been a poorly constructed team since the inception

Presti no genius everyone knew durant nice and Westbrook was a "potential" monster type player in college...

Explain Perkins
    Lamb
    Kevin Martin
    Harden trade
    Jeff green
    Yada yada yada

Shout out to that buzz Aldrich center dude they drafted to hold it down, How'd that work out??

Presti living off that popovich swag

What you mad fo???
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden so far this year
    27.2ppg, 6.8rpg, 7.4apg

post-46067-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-I-M2zI.gif
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad harden got traded honestly ... ? was stuck in some 3rd wheel role when he was much better than that ... Same thing that happened to Chris Bosh
  • Olorun22
    edited November 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Harden so far this year
    27.2ppg, 6.8rpg, 7.4apg

Yall ? think this ? harden that good? He lives of the ft line and needs screens
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Harden so far this year
    27.2ppg, 6.8rpg, 7.4apg

When your team is sucking like my Bulls, you'll take anybody getting 27, 7, and 7 nightly no matter how he getting them. Getting buckets, boards, and assists is all you can ask for if he's not getting steals and blocks.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Harden so far this year
    27.2ppg, 6.8rpg, 7.4apg

When your team is sucking like my Bulls, you'll take anybody getting 27, 7, and 7 nightly no matter how he getting them. Getting buckets, boards, and assists is all you can ask for if he's not getting steals and blocks.

Cool but I don't get how people still say we should have kept harden. He did not want to be a 3rd option
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OKC just needs a new coach and coaching staff that actually has faith in others besides Durant and Westbrook. It's obvious they have a bit of talent on that bench by how some of those guys have stepped up and played ok since those 2 have been hurt.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not about to read thru this whole tread, but my uncle has had thunder season tix since they moved to okc.

He said he really believes this is their last shot.

I hope they come out the west personally.

Im rooting for thunder vs bulls finals
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U need to read this thread
    Its hilarious