Are Rednecks really just "White ? "?

twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in The Social Lounge
Majority of em live in trailer parks or wooded areas where civilization is shunned, Most are strung out on drugs and welching off the Welfare system MORE than Black folks. Not to mention on the babies they have too. You've seen em...white trash babies with ? diapers on, and the mama Gambling all her money away on Bingo and cigarettes, and playin' lotto religiously like "We gon' win this time Clem!".....makes sense right?

Here's Bubba and Joe Willie enjoying a hot Summer day.
redneck_mentor.jpg

Here's Bubba and Joe Willie workin' on they "Slab"
red_neck_car.jpg

And look, they even have their own Redneck Philosphy

The Redneck Philosophy
*Being a "real" Redneck is so much more than driving a pick-up truck and naming your dog Bubba. A true Redneck does not feel the need to impress people with the outward trappings of superficial wealth and a real Redneck is perfectly comfortable in an Armani suit or a stained t-shirt. Redneck art is now being sold in the top galleries, and make sure to read by notes redneck animal art. Rednecks truly feel sorry for the poor ? who work their ? off for eight years in college only to become corporate slaves; all that hard work just to get a decent BMW and a Rolex. You see, a real Redneck would never feel the need to brag or ever think to mention to hard working yuppies that the 80 acre family farm is worth eight million dollars, and of that, five million is in farm equipment that is only used a few weeks each year. Without trying to sound too much like Jeff Foxworthy, a great comedian who is a tad misinformed about Redneck theology, let me explain the basic tenets of achieving a state of Redneck:

**Sense of Inner Peace – True Rednecks are at peace with the world, and this is not just because they have guns in every room of their home. They are not remotely concerned with what others may think of their Redneck lifestyle.

**High Sense of Duty and Honor – True Rednecks will defend their sacred honor and will not tolerate those who disparage their families, traditions or loved ones. Many a surprised New Yorker has pondered this while visiting an Emergency Room after flipping off a Redneck.

**Disregard for Time – True Rednecks do no respect man-made timelines. Their lives are lived one day at a time. True rednecks may put cars up on blocks for a decade before restoration even begins.
Disregard for Man-Made Mores – True Rednecks will follow their tastes and desires without regard for social customs and that which might constitute “appropriate” behavior in polite company. Rednecks are not constrained by outsider opinions or what Madison Avenue dictates about taste, so they are free to embrace whatever they choose without guilt or remorse.

**Honoring Ancestors – Real Rednecks know details about every one of their ancestors who fought in the American Revolution and the Civil War. Ardent patriots, true Rednecks will always fly the Star Spangled Banner right above the Stars and Bars on every national holiday. True Rednecks will also participate in war reenactments as a way of honoring the Redneck sacrifices of their ancestors.

**Eschewing Wealth – My cousin Sara-Ruth lives on land with a massive garden and her own livestock. She even has a banana tree. The only things she buys are sugar and coffee. Her house and properly were paid for centuries ago when our Great-Great-Great Granddaddy, Aaron Burleson, received it from the Continental Congress as a thank-you for him having fought in the American Revolution. Sara-Ruth lives a simple and free life with none of the usual worries about money and keeping up with the Joneses.

Are Rednecks really just "White ? "? 12 votes

Yeah. now that you put it that way, they just some White ? .
25%
twatgettaSplackavelliShawn_Michaels 3 votes
? naw stop rufflin' these white folks feathers they's good white folks to us.
0%
I have no ? idea
8%
Soloman_The_Wise 1 vote
You just insulted my family ? . ? you twatgetta
0%
Other.
66%
nex ginRobCoLifekingblaze84CashmoneyDuxHyenaKillaLUClENWYRMBazz-B 8 votes

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Poli sci prof said that colourism is a way for upper class whites to make sure the lower class whites are content living in poverty.

Creates the illusion that poor whites are living better than poor blacks
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Poli sci prof said that colourism is a way for upper class whites to make sure the lower class whites are content living in poverty.

And they eat it right up too.

? fools.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    It is a fine line.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no need to add the qualifier.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Rednecks are just rednecks
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Trashboat wrote: »

/thread
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me put it this way...

the white people that refer to black people as "? " think of all black people as "? " whereas they use the term "redneck" to describe a particular subculture of white people.

also - if you're suggesting a redneck is a white ? that means you have a correlating group of black people who you think of as just ? which is pretty disturbing and you need to check yourself.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are....the accent black people talk with was picked up from their redneck slave owners and some of the cultural stuff they do to. I call ghetto blacks, black hillbillies...that is what they are. they picked up the culture while in slavery and then migrated to the midwest, east and west coast
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I have evolved some as have a lot of you, growing up exposed to blatant ignorance. The are my people, but no ? you ? at ya ? ...besides my family used Negroes and coloreds hardly ever a "? " was used...by them.

I also agree with @I Am Jay ? . IMO hillbilly is more a cultural thing where as being a redneck is a lifestyle choice.
  • Shawn_Michaels
    Shawn_Michaels Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Hebrew Yisraelites did in fact picked up hill Billy culture that ? wasn't allowed in Yisrael and the most high frowns on it.
  • twatgetta
    Hebrew Yisraelites did in fact picked up hill Billy culture that ? wasn't allowed in Yisrael and the most high frowns on it.

THIS is the correct answer.
  • twatgetta
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    let me put it this way...

the white people that refer to black people as "? " think of all black people as "? " whereas they use the term "redneck" to describe a particular subculture of white people.

also - if you're suggesting a redneck is a white ? that means you have a correlating group of black people who you think of as just ? which is pretty disturbing and you need to check yourself.

Chris Rock's opinion >>>>>>>> Your Opinion
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    Like wyrmwyrd said, hillbillies and rednecks are different things. Hillbillies, the ones who are known for sitting on porches drinking, while not working, and often nowadays have illegal ? and moonshine based hustles, yes, if we're going by Chris rock's definition of "? vs.black people." Meaning it only applies to the black people who act similar to what i just described but altered for cultural differences (? instead of ? , etc.)

Rednecks are different, they grow food, farm animals, fix cars, and a whole bunch of ? .

All three groups appreciate the 3 f's: fast cars, fat chicks, and firearms.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, poor is poor.