The HELLCAT is here!!

wilberdmillz
wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
Felt it needed its own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQNUYvOwpsk

001-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat_628opt.png
The new, force-induced V8 isn't just the most powerful ever fitted to the Challenger, it's the most powerful eight-cylinder Chrysler Group has ever built. Power figures aren't finalized, so expect to see "over 600 hp" bandied about quite a lot. That fury will be channeled through either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic. Yes, over 600 ponies through an eight-speed auto. So far, the only vehicle we know of that delivers more output through that many gears is the as-yet untested Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Sadly, we don't have performance metrics just yet, although if this thing can't ? four seconds to 60 miles per hour, we'll be pretty surprised.

autoblog.com/2014/05/20/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-official/

CAN'T WAIT!

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    I mean i keep hearing some say its still to heavy.It looks damn good no doubt,this just confirms my thoughts that the R/T challenger will indeed come with the 392-engine.
  • wilberdmillz
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    I mean i keep hearing some say its still to heavy.It looks damn good no doubt,this just confirms my thoughts that the R/T challenger will indeed come with the 392-engine.

Whats weird is they have said the R/T will have the 392 as an option, but also say the regular SRT will also have the 392. Sounds like bad business to me.
    I keep seein people bring up the weight thing, it does weigh a lot but it will be a highway monster. Not many people autocross these cars anyway so the courning isn't as important, but for some reason its an arguing point. FYI tho, its not that bad in the corners for its size. The early SRTs were like a .91+ on the skidpad.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Im feeling the vipers too.The chargers just missed the curve with their re-design or lack there of.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • IgnorantSole
    IgnorantSole Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah the challenger is supposed to have 8 different trims and about 4 different engines. my only gripe about dodge is the weight, yeah they still using big displacment but ford and chevy getting better performance and less weight out of their modular engines and f/i. she still look mean though.
  • wilberdmillz
    Whats the weight hurting though? You want to corner carve in a Challenger, lol? You put that 5.0 in a Challenger and it will be slower than it is now. IMO Dodge is the only brand that has stuck to the true definition of a muscle car, they were big cars with big motors. Bringing up weight is just a copout because there isn't anything else to complain about.

Hell a Mustang weighs 3800lbs now.
    Camaro Weighs 3900-4000lbs.
    Challenger weighs 4100lbs.

None of these cars are light weights.

And on the perfamance aspect, the ZL1 has 556hp and the GT500 has 662hp. You expect the current 470HP SRT to compete with that lol. Fact is this Hellcat will surpass the ZL1 and I'm thinking it with the 8speed it will run right with the current GT500.

I can't wait for the official test of this car, its going to hurt some feelings.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Aye @wil you remember that video i posted with the SRT8 chally racing and beating the GT-R....what type of engine you think was running in that car? or mods i should say.
  • wilberdmillz
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Aye @wil you remember that video i posted with the SRT8 chally racing and beating the GT-R....what type of engine you think was running in that car? or mods i should say.

That car had a build motor and was supercharged, is that the same Challenger that beat the ZR1?

• wilberdmillz
    Found this quote interesting
    The Dodge Challenger 6.4-liter ? Pack and 392 HEMI ? Pack Shaker have Bilstein high-performance shock absorbers and unique suspension geometry (including lowering the body by half an inch) to improve cornering and responsiveness. Dodge claims the Dodge Challenger 6.4 ? Pack and 392 HEMI ? Pack Shaker are capable of 0.93g on the skid pad – on par with some of the world’s best-handling cars.
  • Chef_Taylor
    @Wil..... i think so I know it made that GT-R look real bad.

Man i cant wait to see that hellcat on a track.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Just the sound of this coming down the street will be so epic.

http://youtu.be/7r1bOZd7T8Q
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty dope it show which key your using. Sounds good starting up, that'll be one of them cars when they start it up people looking round like who that
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope it comes in plum crazy purple
  • Chef_Taylor
    Well tha "cat" is out tha bag. 2015 Dodge "Hellcat" Challenger will hit the streets with a staggering 707hp.
    3acc7fb0-e021-11e3-9325-afacde8c80f4_DG015_155CL.jpg

Mannnnn i think this just replaced the GTR as being my favorite car. Will they make a hellcat charger or something simular because t his is just to badass. @Wil what you think
  • wilberdmillz
    edited July 2014
    From what I've read there will be a hellcat Charger for the MY 2016. I'm starting go think this car won't be affordable, 707hp isn't cheap.
  • wilberdmillz
    Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Horsepower Reveale…: http://youtu.be/4fU7rM6qaMc
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited July 2014
    I'd say in the 70k-80k range......Thats prolly one of the reasons the Viper isnt selling.Corvettes are cheaper and some say its the better car...in comparisons to the viper....but i mean what would be the ideal price range for this hellcat man thats alot of engine.
  • wilberdmillz
    I think I mentioned it in another thread but they gotta price the Hellcat Challenger close to the price of the ZL1 and GT500 since that's it comp. The Hellcat Charger should be priced comparably to the CTS-V sedan imo. It will be foolish of them to price themselves out the game cause like you said they having trouble moving Vipers as is.

Its rumored the Challenger Hellcat will MSRP in the 50s, if true this will be a hit!
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 700 horses lot of cats gone have suspended license. Will it be rwd or awd?
  • wilberdmillz
  • Chef_Taylor
    Supercharge the chargers...duhhhhhhh
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a hellcat charger but not in the new body style
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wants it, and i gonna has it
  • Chef_Taylor
    Im just not feeling the 2015 chargers..im keeping my '11 which i think look better than the 2015's.