The Offical E3 2014 Thread

Comments

• PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    The entire trailer for "Uncharted 4" was all in game. So everything you saw was real time.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_2014_e3_trailer/

iUZMcBcx4a2SP.png

TeemingLegitimateAvocet.gif

DisastrousHealthyGreatdane.gif
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust E3 trailers. We saw how they downgraded the graphics of Watchdogs. Uncharted was probably running on a PC.

No sign if you like but you know it's true.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Halo 2: Xbox vs. Xbox One Graphic Comparison

P8iDBSV.jpg
    1TFLc64.jpg

nqHxCrc.jpg
    xE4YHeH.jpg

ZvXMKXA.jpg
    iIEKGRj.jpg

JUqxLmw.jpg
    CogAZgq.jpg

Well damn..
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody get in the Battlefield beta?

I receives my code this morning. Will download today.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust E3 trailers. We saw how they downgraded the graphics of Watchdogs. Uncharted was probably running on a PC.

Well to be fair, the Watchdogs fiasco and some others in the past are probably the reason for them making a point of specifying that it was running on the PS4. I don't doubt its running on the PS4. That doesn't mean it will look like that when it is released. Dark Souls II looked a lot better in early production than it did when they released it, and that was because they realized at some point that they had to dial back some of the power they dedicated to graphics in order to support other more important things.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uncharted was on a PS4. Batman was on a pc though.

• The Lonious Monk
    Welp, I know have a date for when I'll be buying a PS4.

R5oo6CT.jpg
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't a fan of Dark Souls
  • The Lonious Monk
    Wasn't a fan of Dark Souls

lol That's fine, but how are you going to give me feelings because I've identified this as the game that will make me want a PS4.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do y'all think of Destiny? Looks good imo.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh it looked like every other FPS to me. They're so frequent and overexposed these days that they always bleed into each other aesthetically and mechanically. Then again unlike the rest of the people that post here I don't care for the genre so my opinion is likely the minority one.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LPast wrote: »

I'm trying to care. I want to care. But its like everything they say, and then what they actually show are very different. I think being cross-gen is hurting it for one. The ambitions they have for the game seem to go beyond 360 and PS3. We are talking about 2 systems that are weaker than the Wii U at this point. Devs/Pubs need to move on. The shooting doesn't seem like a Bungie game. It looks like Borderlands to me. I watched one new video from E3 so far, an IGN playthrough, and got bored halfway through. There is a lot more footage floating around though so i'm gonna keep trying.

The main problem Destiny will have based on E3 is, its now going up against Halo, Call of Duty, GTA V, Assassin's Creed and Battlefield all at the same time. My heart goes out to any new IP this holiday. I hope Evolve doesn't get lost.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evolve looks cool but i need to see what else it is going to offer
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    smh lmfao Nintendo can't seem to leave anyone's mind this E3.
  • The Lonious Monk
    focus wrote: »

I'm trying to care. I want to care. But its like everything they say, and then what they actually show are very different. I think being cross-gen is hurting it for one. The ambitions they have for the game seem to go beyond 360 and PS3. We are talking about 2 systems that are weaker than the Wii U at this point. Devs/Pubs need to move on. The shooting doesn't seem like a Bungie game. It looks like Borderlands to me. I watched one new video from E3 so far, an IGN playthrough, and got bored halfway through. There is a lot more footage floating around though so i'm gonna keep trying.

The main problem Destiny will have based on E3 is, its now going up against Halo, Call of Duty, GTA V, Assassin's Creed and Battlefield all at the same time. My heart goes out to any new IP this holiday. I hope Evolve doesn't get lost.

Something must be wrong with a game if it sets up a situation where focus and I are of the same mind.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    How much is the halo collection going to cost?

$60 US.

Is that a normal price for a game then?
  • Karl.
    The entire trailer for "Uncharted 4" was all in game. So everything you saw was real time.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_2014_e3_trailer/

iUZMcBcx4a2SP.png

TeemingLegitimateAvocet.gif

DisastrousHealthyGreatdane.gif

Have they change the main character?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

My thoughts exactly. It's like I'm forcing myself to care based on the hype/ what I've been told but I'm not excited at all watching the trailers...
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I trust Naughty Dog
    Last of Us and UC3 are two of the best looking games ever
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I could really give a damn about Destiny.
    I used to love shooters but absolutely nothing separates them that blows another out the water..
    The differences are muscle at best.

Granted I haven't seen much of it this year but I bet it's not all what they are cracking it up to be
  • The Lonious Monk
    Actually shooters can vary a lot they just don't. It seems like whatever type of shooter is popular at the time is what every company makes. Right now, ultra realistic war simulators are what's in, so it seems like every shooter that comes out is like that.
  • Karl.
    That can vary a lot but FPS are just stale as ? to me at the moment.

Titanfall, BF4 and Ghosts all felt different to me but they're all just FPS games. The fact that they're FPS games is what make them boring to me.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E3 2014: $399 Xbox Ones "Flying Off The Shelves" at GameStop
    GameStop executive Bob Puzon says the new $399 model is a "huge win and a huge opportunity."
    by Eddie Makuch on June 10, 2014

The $399 Xbox One went on sale yesterday at retailers worldwide, and GameStop is already seeing a boost in business as a result, according to senior vice president of merchandising Bob Puzon.

"They went on sale in GameStop yesterday; these things started to fly off the shelves," Puzon told GameSpot at E3 today in Los Angeles. "It's a huge win and a huge opportunity for us."

Though the $399 Xbox One may be the hot new item, Puzon pointed out that the $499 standard Xbox One is still "very vibrant" for GameStop.

The $399 Xbox One does not come with Kinect, but Microsoft will begin selling standalone cameras for the console later this year. Puzon said, "that'll be interesting to see how many of those folks come back and buy the Kinect."

Dat Phantom Dust bump lol

Welcome to 7 months ago for Sony.