The Offical E3 2014 Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    That can vary a lot but FPS are just stale as ? to me at the moment.

Titanfall, BF4 and Ghosts all felt different to me but they're all just FPS games. The fact that they're FPS games is what make them boring to me.

Yeah I can understand that sentiment. The market is oversaturated with them.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LPast wrote: »
    What do y'all think of Destiny? Looks good imo.

I hope it will be good, but truly the only reason I'd consider getting it is the White Ps4 that comes with it. If I learn I can buy whitey by itself, I'm not even gonna bother.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That can vary a lot but FPS are just stale as ? to me at the moment.

Titanfall, BF4 and Ghosts all felt different to me but they're all just FPS games. The fact that they're FPS games is what make them boring to me.

this not checking for FPS

Im copping BF when I get my ps4 though
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got in the beta for destiny we will see what the hypes about
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only FPS I'm checking for is Far Cry 4
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't a fan of Dark Souls

lol That's fine, but how are you going to give me feelings because I've identified this as the game that will make me want a PS4.

GOTDAMN YOU ARGUE BOUT EVERYTHING!!!

Where's the argument? I just asked about the reaction cause the ? didn't make sense. Calm down. lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably cop a Doom game though.
  • Karl.
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Only FPS I'm checking for is Far Cry 4

That's true. This is the only FPS I've truly enjoyed in the last few years.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evolve looks cool but i need to see what else it is going to offer

This is what I'm waiting on...missed the footage...what page is the trailer on?

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spoke with producer Takashi Tezuka about Mario Maker today. Specifically, I asked if the two art styles available in the show floor demo — the original Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. U — would be the extent of the looks available for level design. Will we see Super Mario Bros. 3? Super Mario World?

"Obviously, there will be other graphical styles included," Tezuka said. "And nothing's been decided yet, but I'd also like to include other graphics that aren't Mario." Would that mean that if Legend of Zelda graphics were included, the game would let you design top-down stages, I asked?

"No, it won't be top-down," he said. "It's always going to be a 2D platformer." However, players can expect more level design elements than those included on the show floor. Tezuka said he plans to integrate more enemy and object types than what appeared in the E3 demo, though he doesn't want the palette of options to become overwhelming.

Tezuka also emphasized the inspiration Mario Maker draws from Mario Paint and says that he hopes to include features similar to those of that Super NES classic, including a music composition feature. As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he's mindful of players' desire to show off their level designs to friends.

"Sharing with friends is really the whole point of making levels," he said.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/e3-2014-im-unreasonably-excited-about-mario-maker

Day 1.
  • John_Blazini
    How is it 2014 and you only have 2 hair styles for black folks in Destiny lol I hope this is just some Alpha test BS
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    downloading Destiny now...
  • Karl.
    How is it 2014 and you only have 2 hair styles for black folks in Destiny lol I hope this is just some Alpha test BS

Don't say it's just a fade and corn rows?

• John_Blazini

Don't say it's just a fade and corn rows?
    Buzz, Dreads and my bad some Crazy Eyes From Orange is the New Black ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I spoke with producer Takashi Tezuka about Mario Maker today. Specifically, I asked if the two art styles available in the show floor demo — the original Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. U — would be the extent of the looks available for level design. Will we see Super Mario Bros. 3? Super Mario World?

"Obviously, there will be other graphical styles included," Tezuka said. "And nothing's been decided yet, but I'd also like to include other graphics that aren't Mario." Would that mean that if Legend of Zelda graphics were included, the game would let you design top-down stages, I asked?

"No, it won't be top-down," he said. "It's always going to be a 2D platformer." However, players can expect more level design elements than those included on the show floor. Tezuka said he plans to integrate more enemy and object types than what appeared in the E3 demo, though he doesn't want the palette of options to become overwhelming.

Tezuka also emphasized the inspiration Mario Maker draws from Mario Paint and says that he hopes to include features similar to those of that Super NES classic, including a music composition feature. As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he's mindful of players' desire to show off their level designs to friends.

"Sharing with friends is really the whole point of making levels," he said.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/e3-2014-im-unreasonably-excited-about-mario-maker

Day 1.

I knew it.
  • Karl.
    Gotdamn! I want a Wii U.
  • Broddie
    One of Miyamoto's new games (Project Guard). It's obviously a very early build but I do see the potential for a great party game to play with a dozen of my buddies over weed and liquor while we each take turns on the gamepad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv4KPmcl2K4
  • Karl.
  • Broddie
    Treehouse crew takes on the Splatoon devs and get mopped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZtvCnwWBI
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was so exciting.