Channing Crowder to Barkley: Cleveland is the ? of America

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Former Miami Dolphin and current sports radio host Channing Crowder went ballistic on Charles Barkley today over the TNT host’s hope for LeBron James to return to Cleveland because that’s where the “real fans” are.

“Don’t badmouth Miami but sell Cleveland,” Crowder vehemently ranted on the Kup and Crowder Show on WQAM. “You can sell some towns. Don’t sell nasty, ? , ugly, little Cleveland.”

The real juicy stuff started gushing when he began describing the women of Cleveland. Having played in the NFL for six seasons with the Dolphins in the AFC, he was familiar with the Browns crowd.

“I would rather stare at myself in the mirror then look at the women in Cleveland. When you go to the game on Sunday, you look up in the crowd and you say ‘oh there’s all men at the game.’ Then you start looking closer and you say ‘damn I can’t tell the difference between the women and the men at Cleveland Browns games.’ It is ridiculous.”
Fun fact: My girlfriend grew up in Cleveland. I will not be sending her this one.

Crowder also mentioned how fans used to approach him the day before games in Cleveland, trying to sell him and his teammates on coming to play for the Browns despite playing their team the very next day.

“They call Jersey the armpit of America? Cleveland’s the ? of America, it’s the ? … and the little fans are little hemorrhoids all around the edge.”

Conversation shifted towards Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and how he had the ? to call out LeBron for being “disloyal” back when he left for Miami in 2010.

“The disloyalty to who, to you, master?” Crowder said. “What do you need me to do next? Want me to shine your shoes sir? Get out of here man, damn Dan Gilbert. Micky Arison is an angel. I saw Micky the other day floating around with a halo over at the American Airlines arena looking down on us.”

“People are trying to get out of [Cleveland]. They have to close the highway off at night so people don’t sneak out, so they can keep them there during the day to work and keep the economy [going].”

Charles Barkley vs. Channing Crowder is entertaining radio. Listen to the audio below, courtesy of WQAM.

http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/05/channing-crowder-to-barkley-cleveland-is-the-? -of-america/

See clevelander's lame/emotional/unfunny responses here:

http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/05/cleveland-is-not-a-fan-of-channing-crowder/

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never been to Cleveland so I can't judge, but ? Dan Gilbert and his ? little midget son
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is he so aggy about it
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ignorant and dumb comments
  • LaRoacé
    LaRoacé Members Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohio is a boring place in general ... I live here ... Only good thing we got is cedar point
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao, man gotdamn
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn @vader...why he went so hard on your city mane.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goodddd damn that's gong in.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    LaRoacé wrote: »
    Ohio is a boring place in general ... I live here ... Only good thing we got is cedar point

That ain't even fun no more

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Damn @vader...why he went so hard on your city mane.

I can't call it mayne
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    But just cuz fans in Miami don't comecto the game until halftime don't mean they ain't fans ...matter fact didn't bosh call out the fans last year?

Fans in Cleveland support they teams more cuz we starving for a championship where as teams there (Miami) have trophies and are kinda spoiled in a way ....*shrug*
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl got damn, i aint been to cleveland so cant speak on that, but to be 1 hunnid, dude might need to spend a lil time in certain areas of mississippi b4 making that assessment, aint lyin.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this dude is hilarious. Clearly a character. 2 career sacks..
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohio was decent when I went there's mad chicks in columbus.Youngstown looks like harvey,il to me except there's mad hills
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland rocks
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    But just cuz fans in Miami don't comecto the game until halftime don't mean they ain't fans ...matter fact didn't bosh call out the fans last year?

Fans in Cleveland support they teams more cuz we starving for a championship where as teams there (Miami) have trophies and are kinda spoiled in a way ....*shrug*

Yea but before they won that first one you had Bron telling fans to come to games, I think the biggest reason they don't have a good fan base is most of the people living there weren't born and raised in Miami, you will find just as many Boston and New York fans out there
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    People ? me actin' like these millionaire pro-athletes are going to be living in some dorm in a certain city with no bread to spend and all they can do is walk around and do the same ? the average broke nikka does in a city.

Foh.

Only baseball players travel more than NBA players during the season, and money can make *any* place seem like the ? .

If all else fails - No sports city in the continental United States is further than a 30-minute or 1-hour plane ride to a so-called "fun city." And all of these pro-athletes have access to private charters, even if it ain't theirs - some millionaire/billionaire that they know would gladly let them fly their G4.

I took a flight from Cali to Vegas that was shorter than my work commute.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is Channing crowder
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Yea but before they won that first one you had Bron telling fans to come to games, I think the biggest reason they don't have a good fan base is most of the people living there weren't born and raised in Miami, you will find just as many Boston and New York fans out there

Same goes for Atlanta and L.A.

Plus, in most cities - the crowd at the game isn't the best example of real sports fans in a city. Especially with the NBA. The muthafucka's in the front 2 rows are just rich muhfuggas/celebrities with nothing else better to do.

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Who is Channing crowder

Radio dude
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    miami just isnt a sports town its a party town so when a team is good or popular people show up just like a hot or popular night club

they dont even know whats going on
    they are just there
    to see and be seen

the fact that heat fans are bandwagoners works out for lebron though

celebrate the good times
    shrug off the bad times

no added pressure
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Halle Berry from Cleveland
  • StoneColdMikey