Anxiety Medication

Options
2»

Comments

• RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nearly Every Mass Shooting In The Last 20 Years Shares One Thing In Common, And It Isn’t Weapons.

The overwhelming evidence suggests the single largest common factor in all of these incidents is that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.

Read more at http://libertycrier.com/nearly-every-mass-shooting-last-20-years-shares-one-thing-common-weapons/#pEkhLztb6RgTJidb.99
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pop a xanax, relax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBknltSP1mM

but take care dont overdo it
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    Nearly Every Mass Shooting In The Last 20 Years Shares One Thing In Common, And It Isn’t Weapons.

The overwhelming evidence suggests the single largest common factor in all of these incidents is that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.

Read more at http://libertycrier.com/nearly-every-mass-shooting-last-20-years-shares-one-thing-common-weapons/#pEkhLztb6RgTJidb.99

Is there a correlation that the Drugs themselves was the reason and not the fact that these people were Psychopaths in the first place? Maybe the drugs didn't help in the end.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Is there a correlation that the Drugs themselves was the reason and not the fact that these people were Psychopaths in the first place? Maybe the drugs didn't help in the end.
    much as i would love to have a definitive thing to blame them on, i suspect you are more correct. i knew this list would start with Eric Harris, but frankly, all evidence points to him being a straight-up psychopath and his medication; there's an argument that he wanted off Zoloft because it was too effective and the original Luvox rumor was that, as it's an "anger suppressant," he went off it because it could ? with a USMC enlistment and burst into a murderous rage.

...but that's all fluff and he was a ? psychopath who planned that stuff for a year. who also gut his guns during an assault weapon ban and in violation of many, many state/federal laws.

also, there are a lot of things on that list that are NOT mass shootings (or even shootings), so that's not a good look.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The medicine is not helping those people that go on killing sprees. That is a big factor but it is not the deciding factor that makes them ? .

The mental health field is ineffective because it does not have adequate methods of diagnosing anything. They don't give blood test or test with devices to scan the brain for problems.
    They don't give any valid test or have any consistently reliable way of telling who has serious issues that need to be treated and who does not. They label people mentally ill based on opinions that are subject to change.

The mental health field involuntarily commits over 100,000 people a day in the US alone. The theory that they frequently use is imminent threat of danger to oneself or others. Of the people they commit using that theory very few go on to commit any sort of crime, even fewer commit murder.

So the medicine or treatment from the mental health field is not what's making these people ? . On the other hand, the medicine is not helping these people nor is it helping a lot of other people they force feed it to.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2014
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    The medicine is not helping those people that go on killing sprees. That is a big factor but it is not the deciding factor that makes them ? .

The mental health field is ineffective because it does not have adequate methods of diagnosing anything. They don't give blood test or test with devices to scan the brain for problems.
    They don't give any valid test or have any consistently reliable way of telling who has serious issues that need to be treated and who does not. They label people mentally ill based on opinions that are subject to change.

The mental health field involuntarily commits over 100,000 people a day in the US alone. The theory that they frequently use is imminent threat of danger to oneself or others. Of the people they commit using that theory very few go on to commit any sort of crime, even fewer commit murder.

So the medicine or treatment from the mental health field is not what's making these people ? . On the other hand, the medicine is not helping these people nor is it helping a lot of other people they force feed it to.

I'm not going to act like things are all knowing because people are trying new things and crossing their fingers. That's how science works sometimes. They also know the side effects but people take that chance because at times it's worth it. It's not that you don't understand how what you are using works (at least not until you test it), it's that the brain isn't completely understood even with scans so you hope to suppress something but the brain may not accept it in some people. This is why with Psychologist, new methods are tried and drugs are ranged. I know a lot of people that it does help because other then that, they would be off the charts. It not being force fed to everyone and some people knowingly stop taking their medicine because they would rather hear voices then feel sleepy. This is no one stop shop for all but let's not act like scientist aren't analyzing the brain daily. I also know a people that check themselves in because after going without some kind of meds, their condition worsens.
  • GSonII
    edited June 2014
    Options

I'm not going to act like things are all knowing because people are trying new things and crossing their fingers. That's how science works sometimes. They also know the side effects but people take that chance because at times it's worth it. It's not that you don't understand how what you are using works (at least not until you test it), it's that the brain isn't completely understood even with scans so you hope to suppress something but the brain may not accept it in some people. This is why with Psychologist, new methods are tried and drugs are ranged. I know a lot of people that it does help because other then that, they would be off the charts. It not being force fed to everyone and some people knowingly stop taking their medicine because they would rather hear voices then feel sleepy. This is no one stop shop for all but let's not act like scientist aren't analyzing the brain daily. I also know a people that check themselves in because after going without some kind of meds, their condition worsens.

I don't really get your point. It is not about trying new things because the mental health field has always been that way. They have always tried new things but there foundation is so poor that there is no possibility of true growth. They have never had adequate facts to substantiate there claims. The methods that they used 100 years ago were just as ineffective as the ones they use today and the methods will continue to be ineffective. Furthermore, the methods do not help develop a better foundation because once again they are inconsistent and based on opinions and trial and error. Since they know that what works for one does not work for another they should not be force feeding people against there wills and making them there guinea pigs. Also, I know people that get "crazy checks" which are disability checks and don't even need them. They just put on a good show when need be and that includes checking themselves into these fraudulent facilities.

• Jabu_Rule
    Options

I don't really get your point. It is not about trying new things because the mental health field has always been that way. They have always tried new things but there foundation is so poor that there is no possibility of true growth. They have never had adequate facts to substantiate there claims. The methods that they used 100 years ago were just as ineffective as the ones they use today and the methods will continue to be ineffective. Furthermore, the methods do not help develop a better foundation because once again they are inconsistent and based on opinions and trial and error. Since they know that what works for one does not work for another they should not be force feeding people against there wills and making them there guinea pigs. Also, I know people that get "crazy checks" which are disability checks and don't even need them. They just put on a good show when need be and that includes checking themselves into these fraudulent facilities.

I don't know the people you know but you may be making your own incorrect judgement about them thinking they don't need the help. That's just something they are telling you to save face but you should really observe their actions and behavior. I don't see how anyone in their right state of mind would want to check themselves into a place like that. I've visited family in those places and people are batshit crazy in there. People have all sorts of issues that can't be helped through share conversation. The methods i'm speaking of is the investigation of the brain that scientist are doing which they use to make medicine more effective. Psychologist don't even subscribe to Sigmund Fraud and believe most of his methods are incorrect so how is it the same as 100 years ago? All science is trial and error as is all life. I'm not saying that they're perfect, but you are way too dismissive of their efforts and the potential to find solutions for these problems in the day and age where the entire brain has been mapped for more detailed and precise observation.
  • GSonII
    edited June 2014
    Options

I don't know the people you know but you may be making your own incorrect judgement about them thinking they don't need the help. That's just something they are telling you to save face but you should really observe their actions and behavior. I don't see how anyone in their right state of mind would want to check themselves into a place like that. I've visited family in those places and people are batshit crazy in there. People have all sorts of issues that can't be helped through share conversation. The methods i'm speaking of is the investigation of the brain that scientist are doing which they use to make medicine more effective. Psychologist don't even subscribe to Sigmund Fraud and believe most of his methods are incorrect so how is it the same as 100 years ago? All science is trial and error as is all life. I'm not saying that they're perfect, but you are way too dismissive of their efforts and the potential to find solutions for these problems in the day and age where the entire brain has been mapped for more detailed and precise observation.

All of that is based on your opinion. Just because you go there and think people fit your standards of crazy does not mean they are not acting and it does not mean they are crazy. You are simply another overly opinionated person. We will not have any new facts after you get through expressing your opinion. I have read stories of people committing crimes just to go back to prison because it is where they feel comfortable. Also read a story of a guy that committed a crime to go to prison or jail so that he could get the care he needed. He had cancer or something and no-one would help but he could get care that way. Just because you don't think a sensible person would go to some place like that without having serious issues does not make it true.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have issues with anxiety you should try some mild remedies before going right to xanax or any of that stuff

Ashwagandha, also called Indian ginseng, has been proven to significantly reduce anxiety related to stress in several studies. It can also reduce your bad cholesterol (LDL).

A friend of mine is from Fiji and over there they drink something called Kava, which is made from the root of the kava plant and has proven very effective at reducing stress, improving subjective well being, and decreasing depression. It is a bit intoxicating though so it can slow down reaction time.

There are probably other good herbal remedies you can try out before going to pills and stuff, but those two in particular have the most scientific research proving their effectiveness.
  • tdinero
    tdinero Members Posts: 4
    Options
    Propranolol, It lowers your blood pressure and prevents anxiety. I was prescribed it recently just for my anxiety and it works decently. Just got to take one before any worrying social situation, but highly recommended not to drink alcohol afterwards. The alternative my doctor gave me was an anti-depressant which I would have had to take every day.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    them ? is THEE FUCCIN WORST. ? last for about 3 hours. I hate when my xanex connect be on ? . I drink them Bob Marley teas if I cant get ahold of none
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2014
    Options

All of that is based on your opinion. Just because you go there and think people fit your standards of crazy does not mean they are not acting and it does not mean they are crazy. You are simply another overly opinionated person. We will not have any new facts after you get through expressing your opinion. I have read stories of people committing crimes just to go back to prison because it is where they feel comfortable. Also read a story of a guy that committed a crime to go to prison or jail so that he could get the care he needed. He had cancer or something and no-one would help but he could get care that way. Just because you don't think a sensible person would go to some place like that without having serious issues does not make it true.

Sounds like a personality disorder. Also, that guy went to jail, not the mental ward. There was a guy in there that went crazy because he couldn't solve a math equation. People in there for real consistent issues, not anecdotal outliers. If you not that crazy in the first place, they will let you out. But I'm sure for the most part they can tell if you're bullshitting. Committing chronic crimes can also be linked to a mental condition but not enough to commit you to the ward.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    pop a xanax, relax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBknltSP1mM

but take care dont overdo it

dont listen to this ? , xanax turns people's brains into lumps of ? and is easily one of the most addictive perscription pills on the market, dont do that.

? with the weed and see what happens. Ive heard people say it causes them but from my experience of having them for about 5 years now, they are gonna happen with or without weed. When I have one without being high and I smoke, the nerves calm, the lump in the throat slowly disappears and Im suddenly cured. There has been times where I smoke and one starts. IMO id rather be on it than not, I think that its mostly strain and quality involved in whether or not it will cause one or not. From what Ive seen, lesser quality causes them rather than some grade A medical ? .
  • GSonII
    Options

Sounds like a personality disorder. Also, that guy went to jail, not the mental ward. There was a guy in there that went crazy because he couldn't solve a math equation. People in there for real consistent issues, not anecdotal outliers. If you not that crazy in the first place, they will let you out. But I'm sure for the most part they can tell if you're bullshitting. Committing chronic crimes can also be linked to a mental condition but not enough to commit you to the ward.[/quote]

What difference does it make that the guy went to jail rather than a mental ward? The point is people do some things you would not believe in order to get what they need or want. Next, anything can be linked to a mental condition because all they do is label people mentally ill. That's why what they do is not legit.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What difference does it make that the guy went to jail rather than a mental ward? The point is people do some things you would not believe in order to get what they need or want. Next, anything can be linked to a mental condition because all they do is label people mentally ill. That's why what they do is not legit.

Makes a huge difference. Criminals don't necessarily seek mental health nor do they get committed to mental institutions just because of their propensity for crime unless they are extremely uncontrollable and even then they don't stay there unless they are a small percentage that are completely gone in the head and overtly dangerous to themselves and others.. Regardless of anyone being giving the label, everyone isn't thrown in wards indefinitely and get forced drugs like you alluded to. Many just seek therapist and don't even need medication. A mental imbalance like a health imbalance is detrimental to your well being and success. Why not seek aid? And yes, they are both horrible places to be but one exist to heal rather then punish.
  • GSonII
    Options

Makes a huge difference. Criminals don't necessarily seek mental health nor do they get committed to mental institutions just because of their propensity for crime unless they are extremely uncontrollable and even then they don't stay there unless they are a small percentage that are completely gone in the head and overtly dangerous to themselves and others.. Regardless of anyone being giving the label, everyone isn't thrown in wards indefinitely and get forced drugs like you alluded to. Many just seek therapist and don't even need medication. A mental imbalance like a health imbalance is detrimental to your well being and success. Why not seek aid? And yes, they are both horrible places to be but one exist to heal rather then punish.

There is nothing healing about a mental institution and it does not necessarily exist to heal. They lock people into facilities and take things away from them. They take away your rights to pursue happiness the days that you are in there. They take away your rights to purchase firearm to protect yourself and your family for anyone that has received inpatient treatment. They can also take away your drivers license. The supreme court has already acknowledged that it is a violation of a persons civil rights. Lastly, there is no proof of any chemical imbalance because once again they don't give any tests when labeling people mentally ill it is just about opinions.