Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i Named the top 7 just not in that order
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually Mr. Perfect leads IC title lists but I'm not surprised they have him under the Warrior considering Warrior won the WWE title while IC champion.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I agree Jericho should be #1 or #2. I'd have put Chyna at #25 tho just for being the first and only woman to hold the title, even though she was ? in ring.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Only big gripe is Shelton should be higher. Goldust is def top 15 at least. Maybe Ahmed or DLO I dunno.
  • jono
    Options
    I do think Shelton was a better IC champion than even WWE is giving him credit for.

He is certainly a better IC champion than Austin was, considering Austin never had a proper run with the title.

I can say in all honesty they named some legitimately good IC champions. There aren't any guys who were champion for one day or anything dumb like that.

To this day I still say Cody Rhodes was the last great IC champion.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only big gripe is Shelton should be higher. Goldust is def top 15 at least. Maybe Ahmed or DLO I dunno.

Can't put D'LO on the list, his reign was only a month long if that and I can't recall anything memorable about it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea, d'lo would prolly be on the european title list
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    The I.C Belt list will always look more solid than the WWE belt just of the fact the matches for it have always been about the Wrestling where the the main belt was always about Popularity and gimmick
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't this the second IC title list they made? I remember some random people like Ezekiel Jackson being on it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They got #1 right, but how is Shawn at #13 and Razor at #6?

Makes no sense.

And The Rock should be higher. Granted, he only had 2 reigns, but his second reign as IC champ is one of the greatest of all time. That's when he became "The Rock". Him and Hunter had some classics. If Savage can be at #1 with one reign and Warrior/Perfect can be top 4 with two reigns, Rock should atleast be top 10.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Razor was that dude as the IC champ and he was the first to win it 3 or more times.

WWE doesnt like to make Pre Rumble96/Iron man match HBK look all that notice how the only real highlight from HBK midcard days they like showing is him losing to Razor at Mania 10 for the IC strap.

they liki to show HBK as The SHOWSTOPPER/MR WRESTLEMANIA WWE champion main event material
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate lists just name greats and their epic runs. The title and wrestler is only as good as his rival and storylines
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Razor was that dude as the IC champ and he was the first to win it 3 or more times.

WWE doesnt like to make Pre Rumble96/Iron man match HBK look all that notice how the only real highlight from HBK midcard days they like showing is him losing to Razor at Mania 10 for the IC strap.

they liki to show HBK as The SHOWSTOPPER/MR WRESTLEMANIA WWE champion main event material
    I got nothing against Razor being that high. I just think him and Shawn should atleast be even. Shawn had the same amount of run as IC Champ.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really thought y2j was gonna be 1st
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can't put D'LO on the list, his reign was only a month long if that and I can't recall anything memorable about it

Well he was the first to hold both European and Intercontinental Titles but didnt last long.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jericho, Razor, Bret, Rock, Shelton top 5 on my list. Shelton in MITB ladder match >>>
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK not top 10?

FOH
  • jono
    Options
    He was certainly better than Randy Orton and Orton was a great IC champion.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    #19- The Rock - shouldve been atleast 15, fued with Austin throwing the belt into a river
    #13- Shawn Michaels - shouldve atleast cracked top 10
    #12- Pat Patterson - besides being hand a title/being the 1st IC champ idk what he did
    #11- Ravishing Rick Rude - shouldve been top 10
    #10- Tito Santana - WWF original matador idk about top 10
    #9- Randy Orton - shouldnt be top 10
    #8- Pedro Morales - before my time so idk
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Summerslam, I forget which year, hhh vs the rock for the ic title in a ladder match.

Underrated match
  • jono
    Options
    1998. Yeah it was a pretty good match. I didn't like all the run ins but that was common during that time.

I liked their 2 of 3 match for the IC title more than anything they did before or after.
  • spayspay
    spayspay Members Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    Options
    They were right about Macho Man. Can't believe they included Benoit. I thought he was "dead" to them.