Is Hallie Berry's Storm the worst comic book casting ever?

Options

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damned if I know. MOS is a blur in my memory
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MV5BMTgwODI1MzQwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYxMTQxMw@@._V1_SY264_CR2,0,178,264_AL_.jpg
    I was thinking about this guy.

And since we're mentioning Dragon Ball, I have to mention that crapshit called The Last Airbender. They white washed the ? out of that movie.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You couldn't pay me enough to watch The Last Airbender
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Rue wrote: »
    Nope, the worst casting is

Dragon_Ball_Evolucion.jpg

From the cast to the ? provided catering while shooting this movie was WOAT

As much as I love the Dragonball franchise, you couldn't pay me to sit through this ? . I watched about 27 minutes and I was done, ? was good and terrible.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign Topher Grace as Venom. Should've known the movie was gonna be trash when that was announced. That ain't the ? poor rendition of the black costume
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah... ole boy they cast to be Reed Richards...

wooo that ? was borrrrrringggg!!!!

I don't know about that one he pulled off the boring nerd vibe that reed gave off now jessica alba as sue? TRASH
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I wish I could forget this
    14033686_ori.jpg

Hollywood has a history of white washing characters and here they are served up a chance to actually cast a good white American actor yet they still managed to ? it up. You get a foreigner to play an American. Thanks a lot.

That movie was horrible and full of bad choices.

I can't decide which Street Fighter live action was worse

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2363807/no-? -no-? -please-no-o.gif[/img]

Can't lie when I was younger I thought this movie was the ? but now this ? was ass juice. The only thing that was worse than the movie was the soundtrack. Anybody remember this classic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7vqqS8jSI

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    shaq was perfect for the role of steel.... at the time.

hallie was ? horrible as storm.

not only does she not embody any of the qualities that make storm storm... she did not even look the part.

angela basset would have forced fox to give storm her due.

I remember my ? Ta-Nehisi Coates @ The Atlantic having long discussions with his readers about how Hallie's meek ass had no bidness playing Storm, a woman who's accustomed to being a Bawssssssss and being worshiped as a literal goddess at one point
    You couldn't pay me enough to watch The Last Airbender

? really defend this movie tho lol smh
    Cosign Topher Grace as Venom. Should've known the movie was gonna be trash when that was announced. That ain't the ? poor rendition of the black costume

it made no sense. wasn't a big star, wasn't a great actor, looked WAY too much like Toby, ? was the point?
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still don't think Hugh Jackman is a good wolverine he's over 6 ft tall and does nothing to making me think he's wolverine besides say bub once in a while
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I wish I could forget this
    14033686_ori.jpg

Hollywood has a history of white washing characters and here they are served up a chance to actually cast a good white American actor yet they still managed to ? it up. You get a foreigner to play an American. Thanks a lot.

That movie was horrible and full of bad choices.

I can't decide which Street Fighter live action was worse

Well they made a great choice with Raul Julia. ? was fantastic. Just shows how GOAT dude really was. I mean the script was utter trash until it was time for Raul to read his lines and then suddenly magic happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzl3uvkkmmo

I just wish Raul had a better agent lol...............and better doctors. :(
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you made Angela Storm, the movie would've had to have a Chris Nolan type director who is known for given supernatural movies a serious tone thus probably making it a better movie...

Halle was perfect for the popcorn summer flick because nobody is checking for the acting when they see an XMEN movie
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not the worst but I really think the actor for Grey Worm in GoT just looks like too much of a ? to be the general of one of the baddest armies of dickless soldiers in the game
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halle Berry has no presence imo, which is something Storm possess. That role definitely should of went to Angela Bassett.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    If you made Angela Storm, the movie would've had to have a Chris Nolan type director who is known for given supernatural movies a serious tone thus probably making it a better movie...

Halle was perfect for the popcorn summer flick because nobody is checking for the acting when they see an XMEN movie

I said before that angela and vivica fox would have been better choices but what about n'bushe wright? the hematologist chick from blade?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    nicholas cage - ghost rider
    matthew goode - ozymandias
    tommy lee jones - two face
    topher grace - venom (especially)
    ryan reynolds - hal jordan

dont agree with the bolded, the rest is wacc + clooney

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

I said before that angela and vivica fox would have been better choices but what about n'bushe wright? the hematologist chick from blade?

I can see N'bushe as Storm... can't see Viv tho because Storm always had that mysterious level headed wisdom about her... that's why she was always second in command after Cyclops... Viv is too dominant...

I can see Gabby Union pulling it off if she really tried to.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Streetfighter is a GOAT film and Raul Julia swagged right through it laying down the ether like it was nothing. One day people will see the genius of the film.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    raul julia was good in SF. That was about it.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of Street Fighter that movie that came out a few years ago about Chin Like was garbage

th?id=HN.608029865902409030&w=249&h=340&c=7&rs=1&p=0&pid=1.7
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raul and Jean Claude were the best casting choices of that film. That script was ass cheeks. The animated films were WAY better than the live action. There's another comic (manga) that made SF look like Godfather 2 material was this.......

MV5BMjE1ODM3MTI5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc3MDcxNQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

This movie was so bad that the people who developed the game apologized. There's certain comics like this that Hollywood need to leave alone.