Is Hallie Berry's Storm the worst comic book casting ever?

Options
13»

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Rue wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I wish I could forget this
    14033686_ori.jpg

Hollywood has a history of white washing characters and here they are served up a chance to actually cast a good white American actor yet they still managed to ? it up. You get a foreigner to play an American. Thanks a lot.

That movie was horrible and full of bad choices.

I can't decide which Street Fighter live action was worse

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2363807/no-? -no-? -please-no-o.gif[/img]

Can't lie when I was younger I thought this movie was the ? but now this ? was ass juice. The only thing that was worse than the movie was the soundtrack. Anybody remember this classic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7vqqS8jSI

Nas - One On One: http://youtu.be/6YgVZw4xHq8

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll give you pharcyde but after that I can't do it.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The chick who played Lois Lane in Man Of Steel

It wasn't that Amy Adams was miscast, it's that Synder didn't have Adams utilize her natural sexuality and allure to it's potential. Look at Amy Adams in "The Fighter," and "American Hustle," you realize that she's a very sensual, seductive, and sensual girl. Lois Lane also has those qualities, but Synder decided to under play them in the movie and had Amy Adams on some plain jane ? .
    hallie was ? horrible as storm.

not only does she not embody any of the qualities that make storm storm... she did not even look the part.

angela basset would have forced fox to give storm her due.

Again, aside from the fact that Halle Berry looks nothing like Ororo, she worked with the ? that Singer gave her, with was a total mischaracterization of the character. If Storm was written better and more accurately, then maybe Halle would have did a better job. Hell, if a screenwriter were to write Ororo properly, every black actress in Hollywood would be trying to play her.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An attractive woman is never a bad cast

Surprised you comic heads aren't throwing stones at Alba for Invisible Woman
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Rue wrote: »
    I might get wacks & Nosigns for this one

IM3_-_Mandarin_(by_UK_April_2013_CF1994_Marvel_Movie).jpg

It could've worked if they didn't turn him into a fraud smh....
    Im still ? about this ? .
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anna Paquin as Rogue for me. Part of it was her acting, the other part being how much of a pitiful, depressed and confused weakling they made the character.

As an aside, Iman would have been perfect as Storm. At least physically.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old ass Ian Mcullen as Magnus. A younger actor was needed and a more muscular actor. Magnus may be older in human years, but mutants are in better physical shape.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom

He was so horrible
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Angelina or Charlize would've played a better Catwoman
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben Affleck as Daredevil
    Ben Affleck as Batman
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Ben Affleck as Daredevil
    Ben Affleck as Batman

something tells me you are not keen on Ben Affleck....
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of Street Fighter that movie that came out a few years ago about Chin Like was garbage

th?id=HN.608029865902409030&w=249&h=340&c=7&rs=1&p=0&pid=1.7

she could get the ? ? tho.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I was watchin star trek into darkness last night on Netflix and I have to say zoe saldana as lt. uhura was a miscast she has the wrong build(too thin) and she bares no resemblance to her. most of the other cast members resemble the original cast. if they took the time to have her bulk up for guardians of the galaxy why couldn't they have done the same for star trek. build wise I say someone along the lines of kelita smith is perfect for uhura but who in Hollywood bares some reseblence to her in the face. I would have to go with nia long or an unknown actress? that's the problem with Hollywood they get these big names to sell these movies and overlook up and comers who could possibly qualify for these roles. I'm sorta not feeling chris pine as kirk also his chin is too pointy other than that he has William shatners voice patterns and mannerisms down pat so he's okay though. besides I don't think no one else can play that role.
  • Rule23
    Rule23 Members Posts: 3
    Options
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hated Halle as storm. It was annoying how she had an accent in the beginning of the movie but lost it by the end