Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
For real this time smh

Best Corner in the NFL 36 votes

Richard Sherman
50%
mike06lord nemesisbigduece69fortyacresR.D.af.r.i.c.a.CoolJoeL.O.S.T.Built 4 cuban linxBilly_PonchoKing_MeTrillfateMARIO_DRORubato Garcia9TRAYJonah 2.0D0wnzerocool 18 votes
Brandon Flowers
0%
Joe Haden
19%
jaemoomsDubbGotti614CallMeWelvinS.jR.Los216ericb4prezKellmill 7 votes
Darrel Revis
13%
gman82BDBIIDits....JOHN Bfightforolddcbignorm 5 votes
Patrick Peterson
16%
the ghosthueyShizlansky_Menace_A$AP_A$TONHouston Texan 6 votes
Other
0%

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    eff it, I'll play

Sherm

and Patrick Pererson is mostly hype, he probably gets beat the most out all these guys
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Like i said in the other thread Patrick Peterson is the closest thing to revis since he got hurt. he wasnt as dominant as revis but i think he will step up with his consistency this year.

sherman is great at what he is asked to do but hes not chasing calvin johnsons and dez bryants all around the field like revis or peterson.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw on ESPN Haden covered the opposite teams number 1 receiver over 65% of the time, most in the league.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    Peterson is nothing like Revis

What the hell leads you to make that comparison
  • 25centsandwich
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Peterson is nothing like Revis

What the hell leads you to make that comparison

Both (revis with the jets) play almost exclusively man to man coverage which allows there team to blitz heavily...they may not be the seem the same player skill wise but .peterson pretty much did a revis impersonation this year.

that said i would take a 90% revis over a 100% sherman, peterson, haden, gilmore, flowers, or whoever else
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrick Peterson
    Revis is top tier

But let's not act like the jets pass defense wasn't still top tier without him
  • R.D.
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    Lmaoooo it wasn't...are y'all serious ?

Bruh talking about Peterson being the closest thing to pre injury Revis when Revis is still better than him
  • 25centsandwich
    edited May 2014
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaoooo it wasn't...are y'all serious ?

Bruh talking about Peterson being the closest thing to pre injury Revis when Revis is still better than him

I'm really startin to think u haven't watched revis play one time this year. he was good this year but nowhere near what he was before the injury... he's just physical but didnt have the quickness to match up against an elite receiver playing man... that's why he was complaining about not playing bump n run all the time when that wasn't an issue with the jets...

Petersons advanced metrics were far superior AND he had more responsibility.... its ridiculous to say revis is better than Peterson (or Haden and Sherman for that matter) at this point.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T-Rel wrote: »
    I saw on ESPN Haden covered the opposite teams number 1 receiver over 65% of the time, most in the league.

Joe haden is that ?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrick Peterson
    I been saying Haden and Peterson are the top two for a min now. Sherman and Revis never impressed me really, they not scrubs. But if I'm a decent QB with a decent WR option I would go at that ? . I wish the Bengals was playing the Seahawks so I could see A.J. and Sherm go at it. But they are playing the Pats tho. So maybe Revis will be on him.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Revis is proven to be able to completely take out the offenses number 1. I expect him to be back to Revis Island this season...with that being said

The top CB imo RIGHT NOW in order

1.Hayden
    2.Peterson
    3.Sherm
    4.Talib

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Haden
    Joe Haden is the best cover corner.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Joe Haden
    Maybe it's just me but I can't call you the best if you're not consistently covering the best. Sherman stays in his comfort zone and on his side of the field. He's great at what he does.

But if I had to pick a corner to play man on top receivers I'm picking Haden, Peterson, healthy Revis.

Sherman has the benefit of having THE BEST SAFETY in the league in his team. Another top 10 safety. And a dominant pass rush. He's in the perfect place at the perfect time.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darrel Revis
    Revis still.

Dog, if you watch the chiefs you know Brandon Flowers some hot garbage these days. Among the worst cbs in the game, no lie no lie no lieeeeeeeeee
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    I love all the talk about Sherman being a product of the system he's in. The simple fact is that w/ less targets he had more interceptions than the cats y'all are putting above him. There is a reason that opposing teams tend to send their #1 receiver away from him.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    Revis still.

Dog, if you watch the chiefs you know Brandon Flowers some hot garbage these days. Among the worst cbs in the game, no lie no lie no lieeeeeeeeee

If I could no sign you twice I would..
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Haden
    I picked Joe and not because I'm a homer it's because I think he's the best all around corner in the game. Unlike the others I think you can put Joe on any team and any system and he'll still be elite.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Joe Haden
    Parallel wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I can't call you the best if you're not consistently covering the best. Sherman stays in his comfort zone and on his side of the field. He's great at what he does.

But if I had to pick a corner to play man on top receivers I'm picking Haden, Peterson, healthy Revis.

Sherman has the benefit of having THE BEST SAFETY in the league in his team. Another top 10 safety. And a dominant pass rush. He's in the perfect place at the perfect time.

Weddle is on the Chargers......? .
    I said best safety. Not middle of the pack safety.... ?
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Haden
    Los216 wrote: »
    I picked Joe and not because I'm a homer it's because I think he's the best all around corner in the game. Unlike the others I think you can put Joe on any team and any system and he'll still be elite.

Joe Haden done played in damn near any defensive scheme there is
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »

Weddle is on the Chargers......? .
    I said best safety. Not middle of the pack safety.... ?

Lmao
  • R.D.
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    Least targets, most picks, most deflections, worst completion percentage against
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrick Peterson
    Y'all giving Cam chancellor to much props.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Y'all giving Cam chancellor to much props.

He might not be a ballhawk like earl but that intimidation factor tho...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    ? a system the man covers his side of the field and shuts down whoever he is lined up against whether in zone or man...and 90% of the time its the team's #1 wr on that side...and this is coming from a niner fan

give the man his props...PP and Haden are right there though and Revis will prolly get thrown back into the picture but he lost points wit me when "lazy" Randy Moss'd his ass back onto the sidelines while he was a Jet crying for more money and he didnt do ? in TB once he got paid
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Richard Sherman
    its funny cuz everyone swore up and down Nmandi was the best out back in his days in Oakland and had the same production Sherman...only his team sucked ass...Sherman at least helped make his team better