Iran’s ayatollah: Jihad will last until America is wiped out

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Iran AND America are taking huge losses in Iraq this week.....a Sunni group that even Al-Qaeda deems too radical (ISIS) has taken over the 2nd and 3rd largest cities in Iraq, and they have other cities now too. They're also marching on towards Baghdad.....this shows American influence around the world is dying out, especially in the Arab Muslim world. Iran isn't happy about this either because Iran leadership is made up of Shiites and radical Sunni groups have always scared them. Iraq's military forces were trained with billions of dollars of American money and equipment, so if ISIS can still beat them back, it shows America isn't feared at all in that region anymore. Bad sign for America's future long term when it comes to nation building in regions that rightly hate us. I'm sure the Russians are laughing at this too, because Russia sees how weak American influence is now

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-sunni-militant-group-vows-march-baghdad-080622737.html

BAGHDAD (AP) — The al-Qaida-inspired group that captured two key Sunni-dominated cities in Iraq this week vowed on Thursday to march on to Baghdad, raising fears about the Shiite-led government's ability to slow the assault following the insurgents' lightning gains.
    Related Stories

Fighters from the militant group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant took Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit on Wednesday as soldiers and security forces abandoned their posts and yielded ground once controlled by U.S. troops.

That seizure followed the capture of much of Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, the previous day.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Iraq's military forces were trained with billions of dollars of American money and equipment, so if ISIS can still beat them back, it shows America isn't feared at all in that region anymore.
    did you notice you made a false claim here? because fearing America (or America's military, whichever) and fearing an American-trained Iraqi military are not actually the same thing.
    Fighters from the militant group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant took Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit on Wednesday as soldiers and security forces abandoned their posts and yielded ground once controlled by U.S. troops.
    although the current story right now is that a combination of Iraqi forces and Iranian Quds dudes have taken back Tikrit (or most of it or whatever)

think we're going to have to give this mess a couple of days to settle. the REALLY interesting part IMO is Kurds taking Kirkuk. COULD THIS BE THE START OF AN INDEPENDENT KURD NATION, VOICE ASKS DRAMATICALLY

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iraq asked us to leave because of political posturing, so they forwent continuous training. You have to actually want it like how our soldiers have a eagerness to join our military for reasons beyond a quick payday. The Kurds and ISIS are serious about their claims and it shows in their organization.. Saddam was also very emboldened by his cause. ISIS is not an al-Qaida supported group btw. They were denounced. At the end of the day these people are fighting over silly religious differences and Bush shouldn't have went in the first place.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting. This website says the Middle East is suffering from schizophrenia and have a high number of illiterates overflowing into the cities. Although I don't agree with every they same they do bring up some good points and history facts.

http://www.freeworldacademy.com/globalleader/great.htm

Our diagnosis shows that the present Arab civilization is suffering a serious mental disease. It looks like schizophrenia: The subject nurtures a world vision that does not correspond to the reality. As a result, when he acts according to his dreams, he does not perform any result. Indeed the Arab world nurtures a wrong vision of religion and history and as a result only encounters humiliating failures.

By 2005, the population accounts for 386 million. The growth rates are diminishing in North Africa but remain very high in some areas: Yemen (21 million in 2005) will have 144 million by 2100! (More than Russia!). Globally, we can expect 585 million inhabitants in 2030. Go to world population prospects

Only two nations exceed 50 millions ( Egypt: 65, Iran: 65 ). People concentrate in towns: Cairo designed for 100,000 reaches 15 million. The entire region is more urbanized than Asia or Africa. In the past, towns were inhabited by educated elite and religious minorities. The rush of illiterate peasants is changing this fact. As these illiterates have a very high growth rate, their increasing number in towns tends to make urban control a key for the future

People worship mainly Islam divided into Sunnis and Shiites. Jews and Christians are also present ( Israel, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria). Arabic, Berber, Parsi ( Iran) Hebrew (Israel) are the main languages in use. The elite speaks fluent English and French in North Africa.

Although we do not follow all the Freud's theories, we can state that the present Middle East civilization is suffering a serious mental disease. It looks like schizophrenia. It means that the mind is dissociated: The subject nurtures a world vision that does not correspond to the reality. As a result, when he acts according to his dreams, he does not perform any result. Then, he thinks that other people are responsible of the failure and are plotting against him. Finally he rushes in anger and become dangerous. Look at the next drawing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvertGZkwF4
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Fascinating posts.....I'll be back
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Iraq's military forces were trained with billions of dollars of American money and equipment, so if ISIS can still beat them back, it shows America isn't feared at all in that region anymore.
    did you notice you made a false claim here? because fearing America (or America's military, whichever) and fearing an American-trained Iraqi military are not actually the same thing.
    although the current story right now is that a combination of Iraqi forces and Iranian Quds dudes have taken back Tikrit (or most of it or whatever)

think we're going to have to give this mess a couple of days to settle. the REALLY interesting part IMO is Kurds taking Kirkuk. COULD THIS BE THE START OF AN INDEPENDENT KURD NATION, VOICE ASKS DRAMATICALLY

Did Tikrit really fall back to Iraqi forces? If so that's good I guess for Iraq, but Mosul is still in ISIS hands, and that's the second biggest city in Iraq. You are right in that we should wait a couple of days to see how the dust settles but so far it's looking REAAALLLY bad for Iraq AND America AND Iran. The irony of this thread.....

Americans should now better understand how we don't really make things in the Middle East better by butting in their affairs, and I fear this group is just getting started. They're bold enough to march THOUSANDS of Iraqi soldiers in Mosul, and they have tons of hostages and millions to play with by looting Mosul's treasury. ISIS is gonna take months at least to take down in my opinion....nope, years. Assad of Syria is STILL dealing with them, they probably control 25% of Syria now.

And the Kurds are fascinating. I believe they will in the end, fall back to Iraqi and Baghdad forces, (or Turkish ones) but they will eventually get their homeland some day. For now, the Kurds might as well have their own version of Kurdistan, and good for them. They're not cowards like the Iraqi forces. But American pressure will probably prevent them from doing so now.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Iraq asked us to leave because of political posturing, so they forwent continuous training. You have to actually want it like how our soldiers have a eagerness to join our military for reasons beyond a quick payday. The Kurds and ISIS are serious about their claims and it shows in their organization.. Saddam was also very emboldened by his cause. ISIS is not an al-Qaida supported group btw. They were denounced. At the end of the day these people are fighting over silly religious differences and Bush shouldn't have went in the first place.

I agree but it seems jihad is making a FURIOUS comeback and it's beyond religious differences, although it's a huge motivation. Jihad and terrorists are banding up together and using their extreme hatred for America and all those who work with America as even more motivation then religion, this is very dangerous territory for us. We got scared of what the Taliban did in 2001, well this group ISIS has hundreds of millions of dollars now and they have tons of American weapons, tanks, intelligence and ? knows what else. This is Taliban X5 in some ways because I believe the territory they control now is even larger then Afghanistan, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • janklow
    Options
    You have to actually want it like how our soldiers have a eagerness to join our military for reasons beyond a quick payday.
    you also have to have a non-corrupt, professional officer corps. this ... is a problem that Maliki is not helping.
    Did Tikrit really fall back to Iraqi forces? If so that's good I guess for Iraq, but Mosul is still in ISIS hands, and that's the second biggest city in Iraq. You are right in that we should wait a couple of days to see how the dust settles but so far it's looking REAAALLLY bad for Iraq AND America AND Iran. The irony of this thread.....
    Tikrit seems like a giant question mark so i guess we'll see how it shakes out. honestly, ISIS isn't likely to be able to hold THAT much territory, so i think you'll see them recede a little bit either way.

but maybe we'll get a cool Iranian forces/US drones team up. go go go
    Americans should now better understand how we don't really make things in the Middle East better by butting in their affairs, and I fear this group is just getting started.
    the Iraq War aside, this CURRENT problem is probably honestly more a post-US Iraqi government ? -up than a US thing. preceding mistakes aside, we've been very big on beating the "be inclusive of Sunnis and Kurds" drum and Maliki just does not want to listen.

obviously the war put this current dynamic into play BUT i think we can point fingers at the specific mistakes.
    For now, the Kurds might as well have their own version of Kurdistan, and good for them.
    well, they actually sort of do and that's why the Iraqi government, in its infinite wisdom, has tried to tighten the screws on them. but we'll see what happens now.

• Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2014
    Options

I agree but it seems jihad is making a FURIOUS comeback and it's beyond religious differences, although it's a huge motivation. Jihad and terrorists are banding up together and using their extreme hatred for America and all those who work with America as even more motivation then religion, this is very dangerous territory for us. We got scared of what the Taliban did in 2001, well this group ISIS has hundreds of millions of dollars now and they have tons of American weapons, tanks, intelligence and ? knows what else. This is Taliban X5 in some ways because I believe the territory they control now is even larger then Afghanistan, correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually don't know enough about ISIS to comment on their wealth and tactical awareness, but i would say that Al Queda is a world wide affiliation of individual organizations and ISIS is not a member. I guess you're saying they have oil? They still have to know how to sell it and have buyers. It is still more about religion even with the hatred of America because the very act of Jihad is a religious one. They are attacking the minority Shia Islamic branch for full control and that's always been the reason for inter-muslim war in that region regardless of America's influence.

If your theory was accurate, Iran Wouldn't be joining Iraq against ISIS.

vox.com/2014/6/12/5804184/iran-deployed-troops-iran-isis

125948974.0_standard_755.0.jpg
    According to the Journal, combined Iranian-Iraqi forces have already retaken about 85 percent of Tikrit, a city in north-central Iraq and Saddam Hussein's birthplace. That alone demonstrates the military significance of Iranian intervention: Iraqi forces have previously floundered in block-to-block city battles with ISIS.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I actually don't know enough about ISIS to comment on their wealth and tactical awareness, but i would say that Al Queda is a world wide affiliation of individual organizations and ISIS is not a member. I guess you're saying they have oil? They still have to know how to sell it and have buyers. It is still more about religion even with the hatred of America because the very act of Jihad is a religious one. They are attacking the minority Shia Islamic branch for full control and that's always been the reason for inter-muslim war in that region regardless of America's influence.

According to the Journal, combined Iranian-Iraqi forces have already retaken about 85 percent of Tikrit, a city in north-central Iraq and Saddam Hussein's birthplace. That alone demonstrates the military significance of Iranian intervention: Iraqi forces have previously floundered in block-to-block city battles with ISIS.

A huge part of this is about religion yes, and Iran is aware of the problem of radical Sunni beliefs. Hell even Saddam Hussein was, he knew exactly what he was doing crushing these people. But a huge part of the motivation is hatred of Americans as well because many of these ISIS members are former Saddam Hussein Sunni soldiers who were forced out of work by the Bush and Iraq Shiite led governments. ISIS hasn't forgotten all the mayhem and bloodshed America caused in Iraq. In fact, the leader of ISIS was held in an American detention camp for 5 years and his hatred of America grew very strong in there according to sources and the American jailers who held him. The people that were in Saddam's army make up a huge proportion of ISIS forces now, and their propaganda videos on Youtube and elsewhere blatantly say destroying America's power and influence in the region is important. So it's religion and hatred of the west in essence that are motivators.

And yes ISIS is already profiting off illegal oil sales, and the $430 million dollars plus they stole from Mosul banks...Kuwait and Qatar allegedly are funding ISIS too, and these nations are supposedly American allies lol....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/america-s-allies-are-funding-isis.html

As ISIS takes over town after town in Iraq, they are acquiring money and supplies including American made vehicles, arms, and ammunition. The group reportedly scored $430 million this week when they looted the main bank in Mosul. They reportedly now have a stream of steady income sources, including from selling oil in the Northern Syrian regions they control, sometimes directly to the Assad regime.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    You have to actually want it like how our soldiers have a eagerness to join our military for reasons beyond a quick payday.
    you also have to have a non-corrupt, professional officer corps. this ... is a problem that Maliki is not helping.
    Tikrit seems like a giant question mark so i guess we'll see how it shakes out. honestly, ISIS isn't likely to be able to hold THAT much territory, so i think you'll see them recede a little bit either way.

but maybe we'll get a cool Iranian forces/US drones team up. go go go
    Americans should now better understand how we don't really make things in the Middle East better by butting in their affairs, and I fear this group is just getting started.
    the Iraq War aside, this CURRENT problem is probably honestly more a post-US Iraqi government ? -up than a US thing. preceding mistakes aside, we've been very big on beating the "be inclusive of Sunnis and Kurds" drum and Maliki just does not want to listen.

obviously the war put this current dynamic into play BUT i think we can point fingers at the specific mistakes.
    For now, the Kurds might as well have their own version of Kurdistan, and good for them.
    well, they actually sort of do and that's why the Iraqi government, in its infinite wisdom, has tried to tighten the screws on them. but we'll see what happens now.

Iran and America joining forces to defeat ISIS LOL WOW who would've seen this coming just a few weeks ago? A few days ago? The Iraqi govt ? up beyond belief stepping on the minority but motivated Sunni populations, and I bet American military leaders are upset Iran will now have HUGE influence in Iraq now. Will America keep pushing for Iran sanctions when Iran is basically trying to save Iraq's secular govt, that believe it or not actually supports human rights more then ISIS does? Damn these are interesting times....dangerous for America though, as a new safe haven for Al-Qaeda linked elements can reboot there. And we know by now ISIS is even MORE radical then AL-Qaeda, according to AL Qaeda themselves.....you think the Kurds will stick to their own territory or will they pursue ISIS a lot as well?
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ISIS has regained control of Tikrit, Saddam's hometown......things are getting worse there.......

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/14/world/meast/iraq-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Security officials in Baghdad said Saturday that ISIS was in control of several areas in northern Iraq: Tikrit, the capital of Salaheddin; Baiji and its oil refinery; and al-Doura.

Iraqi security and air forces targeted parts of those areas, but their operations haven't included sending troops there, Iraqi security officials said.

At the same time, three towns in eastern Diyala province -- al-Asriya, Hamreen and Askari -- were taken over Friday by ISIS fighters, police officials in Baquba said.

---The ISIS leadership have hundreds of millions of dollars, and have a steady stream of money coming in....this is gonna get real ugly

• Jabu_Rule
    Options

A huge part of this is about religion yes, and Iran is aware of the problem of radical Sunni beliefs. Hell even Saddam Hussein was, he knew exactly what he was doing crushing these people. But a huge part of the motivation is hatred of Americans as well because many of these ISIS members are former Saddam Hussein Sunni soldiers who were forced out of work by the Bush and Iraq Shiite led governments. ISIS hasn't forgotten all the mayhem and bloodshed America caused in Iraq. In fact, the leader of ISIS was held in an American detention camp for 5 years and his hatred of America grew very strong in there according to sources and the American jailers who held him. The people that were in Saddam's army make up a huge proportion of ISIS forces now, and their propaganda videos on Youtube and elsewhere blatantly say destroying America's power and influence in the region is important. So it's religion and hatred of the west in essence that are motivators.

And yes ISIS is already profiting off illegal oil sales, and the $430 million dollars plus they stole from Mosul banks...Kuwait and Qatar allegedly are funding ISIS too, and these nations are supposedly American allies lol....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/america-s-allies-are-funding-isis.html

As ISIS takes over town after town in Iraq, they are acquiring money and supplies including American made vehicles, arms, and ammunition. The group reportedly scored $430 million this week when they looted the main bank in Mosul. They reportedly now have a stream of steady income sources, including from selling oil in the Northern Syrian regions they control, sometimes directly to the Assad regime.

Damn. It's interesting to see Sadams crew put in work like that and they being funded by Kuwait? The irony.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Looks like the Iran's President isn't as concerned about a Jihad on America.

Iran President Hassan Rouhani Says Could Cooperate With U.S. On Iraq
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/14/rouhani-us-cooperation_n_5494456.html
    ran could contemplate cooperating with its old adversary the United States on restoring security to Iraq if it saw Washington confronting "terrorist groups in Iraq and elsewhere", Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday.

Rouhani, a pragmatist who has presided over a thaw in Iran's relations with the West, also said Tehran was unlikely to send forces to Iraq but stood ready to provide help within the framework of international law. Baghdad has not requested such assistance, he added.

Shi'ite Muslim Iran has been alarmed by the seizure this week of several major northern Iraqi towns by Sunni Islamist insurgent forces and their sweep southward to within an hour's drive of Baghdad, and not far from the Iranian border.

"We all should practically and verbally confront terrorist groups," Rouhani told a news conference broadcast live on state television.

Asked if Tehran would work with Washington in tackling the advances by Sunni insurgents in Iraq, he replied: "We can think about it if we see America starts confronting the terrorist groups in Iraq or elsewhere."
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kuwait and Qatar allegedly are funding ISIS too, and these nations are supposedly American allies lol....

That position essentially boils down to this...
    Kuwaiti donors collect funds from donors in other Arab Gulf countries and the money often travels through Turkey or Jordan before reaching its Syrian destination, the report said. The governments of Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia have passed laws to curb the flow of illicit funds, but many donors still operate out in the open.

Both you and that article are being real liberal w/ the proclamation that ISIS is being funded by "Kuwait" and other US allies.
  • janklow
    Options
    We got scared of what the Taliban did in 2001, well this group ISIS has hundreds of millions of dollars now and they have tons of American weapons, tanks, intelligence and ? knows what else. This is Taliban X5 in some ways because I believe the territory they control now is even larger then Afghanistan, correct me if I'm wrong.
    you're wrong? or are we talking literally what each group could say they controlled 100%?

anyway, we weren't scared of what the Taliban did in 2001 because it was more al-Qaeda did this and the Taliban harbored them
    A huge part of this is about religion yes, and Iran is aware of the problem of radical Sunni beliefs. Hell even Saddam Hussein was, he knew exactly what he was doing crushing these people. But a huge part of the motivation is hatred of Americans as well because many of these ISIS members are former Saddam Hussein Sunni soldiers who were forced out of work by the Bush and Iraq Shiite led governments.
    wait, so is ISIS guys Saddam hated or Saddam liked?
    Iran and America joining forces to defeat ISIS LOL WOW who would've seen this coming just a few weeks ago? A few days ago?
    it actually could have happened post-9/11 as well, but...
    ISIS has regained control of Tikrit, Saddam's hometown......things are getting worse there.......
    see, this is why we have to let this news settle
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm hearing on CNN now that ISIS has beat back an Iraqi army and pushed it 60 miles to Baghdad....the militants are getting closer, and they're openly massacring Iraqi soldiers too. This ? is crazy....Iran said Jihad would hurt America, well, it's probably gona hurt Iran and America equally. Another Taliban like state spanning 400 miles is starting up before our very eyes.....good job Bush.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Iran is now saying they don't think America should get involved further in Iraq, and I agree. America, due to its beyond horrible reputation in the Middle East, would be seen as the enemy immediately by many and would complicate efforts agains ISIS. I'd rather Iran and Iraq take care of this completely on their own. America just needs to mind its ? business, same thing they need to do in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan will end up the same way when Americans leave there completely. Our foreign policy leaves America as an enemy almost any place it goes in the Middle East, and Jihad is the new wave in the Middle East now....
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gas prices about to sky rocket.
  • janklow
    Options
    This ? is crazy....Iran said Jihad would hurt America, well, it's probably gona hurt Iran and America equally.
    can't control everything
    I'd rather Iran and Iraq take care of this completely on their own. America just needs to mind its ? business, same thing they need to do in Afghanistan.
    just going to point out that since the drama is not actually going down in Iran, you're cosigning a country's military running into another country to resolve its politics as they see fit...

• kingblaze84
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Kuwait and Qatar allegedly are funding ISIS too, and these nations are supposedly American allies lol....

That position essentially boils down to this...
    Kuwaiti donors collect funds from donors in other Arab Gulf countries and the money often travels through Turkey or Jordan before reaching its Syrian destination, the report said. The governments of Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia have passed laws to curb the flow of illicit funds, but many donors still operate out in the open.

Both you and that article are being real liberal w/ the proclamation that ISIS is being funded by "Kuwait" and other US allies.

The people in Kuwait and Qatar who are funding these groups are not being held accountable, are they? They're doing it and getting away with it
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This ? is crazy....Iran said Jihad would hurt America, well, it's probably gona hurt Iran and America equally.
    can't control everything
    I'd rather Iran and Iraq take care of this completely on their own. America just needs to mind its ? business, same thing they need to do in Afghanistan.
    just going to point out that since the drama is not actually going down in Iran, you're cosigning a country's military running into another country to resolve its politics as they see fit...

You realize Iraq is asking for help from Iran right? If Iraq agrees to Iran going into its territory and doing what it wants to do, then I have no problem with it. This is a Sunni vs Shiite issue that's never been resolved (and will never be resolved), and bad blood btw the two is coming up now that America is mostly out the way. Again, as long as Iraq agrees to Iranian help, no issues with me. It would embolden Sunnis who hate Iran though, and of course Sunnis make up most of the Arab world. It's why America supported Saddam Hussein's Sunni but secular govt for so long
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Obama announced the arrival of 275 American soldiers to arrive in Baghdad to try to stop the Sunni Jihad wave taking over there and to protect the American embassy......what a waste of time smh.....all American troops and staff should bounce from Iraq NOW, it's a waste of time staying there at this point, and 275 troops isn't enough anyway

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/obama-troops-iraq_n_5501305.html#comments
  • janklow
    Options
    You realize Iraq is asking for help from Iran right? If Iraq agrees to Iran going into its territory and doing what it wants to do, then I have no problem with it.
    fun fact: Iraq has ALSO asked the US for help. but then you posted this...
    Obama announced the arrival of 275 American soldiers to arrive in Baghdad to try to stop the Sunni Jihad wave taking over there and to protect the American embassy......what a waste of time smh...
    let's leave aside whether or not it's a waste of time for a moment to make this point: you're consistently opposed to the US doing stuff you cosign other nations doing for reasons that boil down to "but but but the US is worse!"

Iraq's asked the US to help, so if your argument is "the US shouldn't meddle," then you should drop it if you're going to say "go nuts, Iran." if you're going to make an argument like "well, the US shouldn't because (reasons)," then go ahead because there's a distinction between the two.

I'M JUST SAYING

now i for one would say the US should make help contingent on Maliki not doing the same damn ? that encouraged all this in the first place.

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You realize Iraq is asking for help from Iran right? If Iraq agrees to Iran going into its territory and doing what it wants to do, then I have no problem with it.
    fun fact: Iraq has ALSO asked the US for help. but then you posted this...
    Obama announced the arrival of 275 American soldiers to arrive in Baghdad to try to stop the Sunni Jihad wave taking over there and to protect the American embassy......what a waste of time smh...
    let's leave aside whether or not it's a waste of time for a moment to make this point: you're consistently opposed to the US doing stuff you cosign other nations doing for reasons that boil down to "but but but the US is worse!"

Iraq's asked the US to help, so if your argument is "the US shouldn't meddle," then you should drop it if you're going to say "go nuts, Iran." if you're going to make an argument like "well, the US shouldn't because (reasons)," then go ahead because there's a distinction between the two.

I'M JUST SAYING

now i for one would say the US should make help contingent on Maliki not doing the same damn ? that encouraged all this in the first place.

Well OF COURSE Iran did not recently bomb Iraq crazy and ? over 100,000 plus civilians according to conservative estimates, liberal estimates being at 1 million civilians killed due to the war. So yeah, I have no issue with Iran getting involved because they didn't create the catastrophe known as the war in Iraq.

And yes I'm aware Iran had a war with Iraq for 8 years in the 80s, a war America was also involved in, of course. My point is that Americans have sacrificed enough in Iraq, one trillion dollars and 4500 dead Americans, 30 K wounded, enough already. Let Iran handle the big Jihad now, America ? up getting involved in the first place. Once American drones bomb ISIS people and ? tons of civilians by accident, recruitment for ISIS will increase by the THOUSANDS. It's a stupid policy to get involved at this point, point blank. America is has enough problems and is hated worldwide enough.

LOL at you willing to listen to anything al-Maliki says. He's a horrible leader, maybe a Sunni strongman is needed in Iraq again. If a Sunni secular one can replace Maliki, I'd be all ears personally. Even better, I'd like to see Iraq broken up into diff countries. Let the Sunnis have their paradise, the Kurds their own land, and the Shiites can have fun with Baghdad and the south. Joe Biden was correct when he first said this, now look.