Why The Hell Would Earth Be The Only Habitable Place, In A Whole Solar System?

Options
Kliimaxx
Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in The Social Lounge
? don't add up..to me

10egdqw.jpg

4tx5x4.jpg

Venus who was Earth's Twin [Sister]

[url=]"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erkv2Ek5Ans"[/url]

Which is now one of the planets which cannot sustain water, air is toxic, and now has toasted ancient continents, which have been founded [ with technology of course] on it.

33w3wgz.jpg

27zw0fq.jpg

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because we happen to be just the right size and have just the right composition of materials and atmosphere to make life possible we are also just the right amount of space away from the sun. The sun, the earth, the moon and the other planets are just the way they should be to allow llife to survive on earth.

Yet atheist think this is all by chance.
  • Kliimaxx
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @zombie still don't get why these planets, which were similar to Earth at one point, [or so we've been told], would just now become wasted, and hanging around doing nothing. Why would Venus, for example, which has had [ancient] continents found on it, and could sustain water at one point just be sitting there, for example?

It just seems strange to me
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nothing strange about it when you read what ? has revealed in His word.

Folks can't even accept what we see on planet earth as evidence for creation, but yet folks want answers to the mysteries of the cosmos?

Jesus said, if I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how shall you believe if I tell you of heavenly things?

Amen.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've said for a long time that whatever made the universe didn't do the best job but life existing on its own is pretty miraculous. There's a lot of flaws in the system, and humans weren't designed very well lol (see Elliott Rodgers) but all in all, I do believe something designed the world. Or several things designed it.....
  • Kliimaxx
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kliimaxx wrote: »
    @zombie still don't get why these planets, which were similar to Earth at one point, [or so we've been told], would just now become wasted, and hanging around doing nothing. Why would Venus, for example, which has had [ancient] continents found on it, and could sustain water at one point just be sitting there, for example?

It just seems strange to me

Venus has what is called a "runaway greenhouse effect" which means it's incredibly hot on that planet (900 degrees), nothing we know can exist in such conditions. There is so much CO2 in the atmosphere we can't even see the surface of the planet and can't see much even when a camera was crashed into it. Does this mean there is no life on Venus? No. It just means there are no creatures that we know that could live in those conditions.

Mars is the opposite, it's too cold and lacks atmosphere altogether. It probably had liquid water but it most likely doesn't anymore. Of course there could be some liquid water underneath the surface as time will tell.

Mars is too cold for life and it only gets colder from there. With the exception of a few moons like Io and Europa which may have liquids (methane) and oceans the likelihood of other life in our solar system is nil. Of course there always could be life there but it's not something we can possibly understand.

Also, Neptune and Jupiter don't have surfaces so I don't know what kind of creatures would live on a planet with no surface. They are made entirely of gas, Saturn is mostly gas as well although I believe it does have an actual solid surface.

There are more likely other planets in other solar systems that have habitants but we haven't found them yet.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    From what I've seen with science, what we live in right now is what you could call the "sweet spot" of a planets existence. Before life existed things was ? and things will be ? again in the future.

More than likely, our neighboring planets had the same thing as well at some point which is why they are similar. It's possible they'll become earth like and capable of sustaining live in the future (if they are geologically active), but that maybe long after we're gone.

Then you still have to worry about the sun dying and all the chaos that will bring to the solar system.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've said for a long time that whatever made the universe didn't do the best job but life existing on its own is pretty miraculous. There's a lot of flaws in the system, and humans weren't designed very well lol (see Elliott Rodgers) but all in all, I do believe something designed the world. Or several things designed it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_tQ-BiOL0&feature=youtu.be
  • indyman87
    Options

Venus and probably the other planets have a very weak magnetic field unlike Earth. Earth is considered to be a giant magnet and the Earth's magnetosphere extends into space and protect us from debris and solar winds. In the near future the magnetic poles could shift. If this happens our magnetic field will be weaker which could do major damage to the Earth and the electric grid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGO4Y6P6tho&feature=youtu.be

http://www-spc.igpp.ucla.edu/personnel/russell/papers/venus_mag/
    and evolution of the interior of Venus have left that planet with practically no intrinsic magnetic field.

• indyman87
    Options

I disagree. The fact that there are trillions of nano robots inside your brain doing things is evidence of intelligent life.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdjERhTczAs
    Published on Feb 4, 2014
    Inside of you, at all times, there are trillions of natural nano robots walking around, taking out the trash, and packaging strands of DNA. Below the calm, ordered exterior of a living organism lies a complex collection of molecular machines working together to create something greater than themselves. Physicist and author of "Life's Ratchet" Peter Hoffmann shows us the tiny city beneath the surface.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The portion of the universe that can support life as we know it is relatively small and only the Earth fits in that area. That doesn't mean life can't exist outside of Earth in the solar system, just not life like we knew on Earth.
  • Kliimaxx
    Options
    I have a feeling that something or someone destroyed these planets, and it is the same energy that want's to destroy this one. Just a hunch
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oludumare universe is glorious.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Because we happen to be just the right size and have just the right composition of materials and atmosphere to make life possible we are also just the right amount of space away from the sun. The sun, the earth, the moon and the other planets are just the way they should be to allow llife to survive on earth.

With 17,000,000,000 planets existing in our galaxy and 100,000,000,000 galaxies contain similar numbers of planets, that produces 17x10^20 possible 'earths'. So that by chance thing is kinda easy to accept. Its not a magical-sky-daddy-that-will-answer-your-prays easy but still pretty easy to believe.

• zombie
    Options
    whar wrote: »

With 17,000,000,000 planets existing in our galaxy and 100,000,000,000 galaxies contain similar numbers of planets, that produces 17x10^20 possible 'earths'. So that by chance thing is kinda easy to accept. Its not a magical-sky-daddy-that-will-answer-your-prays easy but still pretty easy to believe.

we don't know how many planets are in the universe and most of the planets in that number if true are probably composed of ? of gas and dead rock planets, the thing is it's not the planets, it's intelligent life that matters.

if the smallest thing went wrong during the creation of earth we would not have humanity, everything had to be correct. you think this is all chance i don't. and even if there are intelligent aliens it still does not mean the universe is not designed, too many factors have to work together just right for life to exist
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Galactus?
    well, obviously that's correct

• KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe the lack of life elsewhere or 'no' life elsewhere that we know of is a sign itself.. maybe Earth is the last to sustain life, and it too will come to end, and then 'bang'.. life as we know it anywhere is over. Maybe they've just been reaching their end one by one, each planet.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

we don't know how many planets are in the universe and most of the planets in that number if true are probably composed of ? of gas and dead rock planets, the thing is it's not the planets, it's intelligent life that matters.

if the smallest thing went wrong during the creation of earth we would not have humanity, everything had to be correct. you think this is all chance i don't. and even if there are intelligent aliens it still does not mean the universe is not designed, too many factors have to work together just right for life to exist

Our ability to adapt is what made us. What is correct exactly? We had to fight to be here and adapt to harsh environments. Nothing was perfect and many perished along the way trying. But conveniently it was Gods plan for people to die horribly so others may live.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

Our ability to adapt is what made us. What is correct exactly? We had to fight to be here and adapt to harsh environments. Nothing was perfect and many perished along the way trying. But conveniently it was Gods plan for people to die horribly so others may live.

The size of the earth, it's mineral composition, AND millions of other things are just the way they need to be. not only for life to evolve but for intelligent technology creating life to evolve.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's probably trillions of planets out there. I'm sure at minimum10 of them ? got intelligent life.
    We'll never know but unless were the only planet with advanced species, I can't give a ? credit for designing ? .

Things happen by chance. & If some how we find 1000 planets with life like our tomorrow religious folks will just fold that ? into Gods plan & keep it moving.

It's why I don't like talking to anyone about religion. It's kinda like bringing up the Miami Heat up in a sports conversation. Logic is out the window.
  • zombie
    Options
    for there to be life on earth like we have now the solar system had to form just the way it did and all the elements of abiogenesis have to come together in the right way and that's just for one living cell to come into existence then it has to survive and thrive and evolve.

And all this has to happen by chance, the current theory on how the universe came to be says that the universe emerged from a quantum singularity from a quantum fluction in a vaccum. In short all that means is that the universe existed because it was possible for the universe to exist.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything had to go perfect for us to be here. If there was intelligent life elsewhere, I'm sure they would've either visited or contacted us by now. Conclusion, we are blessed to be living. ? is real
  • Kliimaxx
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    There's probably trillions of planets out there. I'm sure at minimum10 of them ? got intelligent life.
    We'll never know but unless were the only planet with advanced species, I can't give a ? credit for designing ? .

Things happen by chance. & If some how we find 1000 planets with life like our tomorrow religious folks will just fold that ? into Gods plan & keep it moving.

It's why I don't like talking to anyone about religion. It's kinda like bringing up the Miami Heat up in a sports conversation. Logic is out the window.

I'm sorry I chuckled @ the bolded

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options

Zombie, the OP linked an article/post discussing the 17 billion number. Recently a new satellite has been launched with the express purpose of finding worlds. Kempler as it is called has found thousands of new planets in orbit around nearby stars. In that set as many as 122 are rocky like earth and are in the "Goldilocks zone" where water is liquid on its surface. The size of the planet does not matter that much as gravity would effect evolution but not thwart the development of life.

While I agree changing events may have doomed the human race it would not have doomed life. Different species would have evolved, perhaps one even more intelligent than us.