Mortal Kombat X - 4/14/2015

Options

Comments

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trying to dupe ? with CG. E3 is next week could've just showed actual gameplay then.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at them releasing this trailer before USF4 drops
  • genocidecutter
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you just going to your leg broke and then immediately jump around on it like nothing happened? It's one thing for that to happen in game, but it just looks silly in a trailer.

It's Mortal Kombat. Of all the crazy ? that happens in MK, you complaining about a broken leg? lol

lol. Complaining about video games being video games is the dumbest ? ever.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt they have multiple versions of characters in UMK3/Trilogy and Armageddon?
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Didnt they have multiple versions of characters in UMK3/Trilogy and Armageddon?

Yes in Trilogy.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you just going to your leg broke and then immediately jump around on it like nothing happened? It's one thing for that to happen in game, but it just looks silly in a trailer.

It's Mortal Kombat. Of all the crazy ? that happens in MK, you complaining about a broken leg? lol

It's irrelevant if it's not the craziest thing that happens in MK. That doesn't mean it's not stupid. Again, if this was gameplay, there would be no ? given. However, it's a trailer, so from a presentation standpoint, what's the point of showing injuries of that magnitude if they have absolutely no affect on the fighters.

I mean either way, it ain't that serious, but it's still stupid.
  • focus
    edited June 2014
    Options

It's irrelevant if it's not the craziest thing that happens in MK. That doesn't mean it's not stupid. Again, if this was gameplay, there would be no ? given. However, it's a trailer, so from a presentation standpoint, what's the point of showing injuries of that magnitude if they have absolutely no affect on the fighters.

Its a gameplay mechanic.

A trailer for a video game is no more "real" than the video game itself. lol.

I guess if it wasn't for the x-ray scene you really would've thought that fire man and ice guy were actually battling it out in the forest foreal. lol

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could get jiggy with this ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Its a gameplay mechanic.

A trailer for a video game is no more "real" than the video game itself. lol.

I guess if it wasn't for the x-ray scene you really would've thought that fire man and ice guy were actually battling it out in the forest foreal. lol

? shut your ? up. Trailers very rarely include gameplay mechanics in the same manner as they are presented during gameplay. lol You always saying some stupid ? .
  • focus
    Options
    [Bad] Trailers very rarely include gameplay mechanics in the same manner as they are presented during gameplay.

Fixed.

The entire point of a video game trailer is to demonstrate the gameplay mechanics. Good trailers do this all the time. In this trailer, for example, we learn that...

- X-ray moves are back
    - Interactive environments like the ones in Injustice will be in MKX
    - Weapons are likely making a comeback
    - And obviously, fatalities

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    [Bad] Trailers very rarely include gameplay mechanics in the same manner as they are presented during gameplay.

Fixed.

The entire point of a video game trailer is to demonstrate the gameplay mechanics. Good trailers do this all the time. In this trailer, for example, we learn that...

- X-ray moves are back
    - Interactive environments like the ones in Injustice will be in MKX
    - Weapons are likely making a comeback
    - And obviously, fatalities

You'd have a point if they were showing actual gameplay in the trailer, but they weren't. It was just a trailer to get fans hype. I don't know why I'm arguing with you. The ? looked stupid in the context of the present action. But that is to be expected with Mortal Kombat. It doesn't mean the game won't be good.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? street fighter. With their ? ass characters. Mortal Kombat was dark as ? , gruesome, and had a movie that didnt suck ? n dix when it came out. I loved playing as Smoke. I think that was in the 3rd or 2nd one. Pretty much all the Ninja's i loved. Sub Zero, Noob Saibot, Rain, Ermac, Reptile, Smoke, Scorpion. They were all the ? .
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all delusional if y'all think mk > sf. I'll give you mk 1 cause it was new and mk 2 cause it improved on first but that's it. It didn't get good again til mk 9 and ppl don't even play that anymore. SSf2 turbo still get burn at tournaments and that game is old as ?
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    That wiz khalifa song is dope

White folk hatin' doe.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umk3 is a good game imo

Mk2 prolly the best
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Nobody with any sense things Mortal Kombat is a better fighting game series than Street Fighter. Plenty of people think Mortal Kombat is a more fun fighting game series than Street Fighter, and that's fine.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought mk3 was wack umk3 is my fav of the series tho then 2 the mayb 1..had trilogy for n64 but that was w.e then it got foggy after that till mk9 bro in law has mk vs dc but that game is w.e to me too
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yooo that dark hip hop beat worked soooooo well.. gave it a special gangsta feel. ? what those redneck closed minded folks are saying, I hope MKX really add a dark hip hop feel to it. ? would be epic.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Nobody with any sense things Mortal Kombat is a better fighting game series than Street Fighter. Plenty of people think Mortal Kombat is a more fun fighting game series than Street Fighter, and that's fine.

In the end to those of us who aren't die hard fighting game fans that's all that matters. Fun factor >>>>>> technicalities.

So is it safe to say that with MK9 being a revamp and retelling of the MK - MK3 narrative that MKX will basically reimagine MK 4 and it's sequels?

Certainly seems that way with the implication that there will be open environments and a reintroduction of weapons.