Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ppl say he's shoots better the LBJ.

Them shooting numbers don't lie.

Magic shot a higher FG% than Bird but it's clear as ? Bird is the better shooter same thing with Kobe and Lbj... Only thing lebron has on Kobe is Defense and only by a lil bit b/c he plays transition D better....

What about that 3 point %
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe my ? favorite player and all but he made it hard on himself.

Kobe can shoot (inb4 yes we know) but his percentages were based on the kinds of shots he took and not directly related to can he shoot or not. and I think people fail to realize that every time they look at Kobe.

Nobody took tougher shots than Kobe. Wasn't always the right thing to do but that's Kobe for you
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe but faaaaaaar is mor
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Magic shot a higher FG% than Bird but it's clear as ? Bird is the better shooter same thing with Kobe and Lbj... Only thing lebron has on Kobe is Defense and only by a lil bit b/c he plays transition D better....

I bet Kobe takes more 3pt attempts in 5 games than lbj does in 10, he should have a slightly higher %
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just skimmed the op. untouchables

Oh intangibles lmao

And LeBron cant dunk better than kobe.. well today be can but nah

• D0wn
    Options

Kobe by faaaaaaaaar, is more skilled than Bron Bron. As an individual player, Kobe game is FLAWLESS.
    YET stop this ?
    Kobe’s coaching other players on the floor is better than Lebron, Kobe’s read on defenses is better than Lebron (i.e. his IQ is higher),

Kobe doEs Not In any shape or form , have a higher I.q than Lebron.
    Lebron I.q is up there, with Magic, Zeke , Bird, J. Kidd, Stockon Clyde Frazier. Those guys.
    the crazy part about it is, he's been like that since He was 18.
    I was never on the Lebron hype train, uptill 2-3 years ago. To me, He was overrated. But one thing that always exceeded Lebron's hype , was his court vision, His I.q., his legendary playmaking ability.
    As a team player, Lebron is superior. But as an individual player, Kobe is one of the greatest of all times, In basketball history.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

I bet Kobe takes more 3pt attempts in 5 games than lbj does in 10, he should have a slightly higher %

So he's a smarter player that's not just chucking up threes instead he's taking higher % shots.

Cool.

Yea LBJ is the better player.
  • e650
    e650 Members Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    Options
    e650 wrote: »
    this sounds like a kobe dickriding thread
    You wanna blow in lebrons ear so bad

shut up foo, I dissed lebrons defense in the Nba playoff thread, its overrated. I say they all got they flaws but lebron is still a better overall player than Kobe. You would have to be a dickrider not to see it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Kobe my ? favorite player and all but he made it hard on himself.

Kobe can shoot (inb4 yes we know) but his percentages were based on the kinds of shots he took and not directly related to can he shoot or not. and I think people fail to realize that every time they look at Kobe.

Nobody took tougher shots than Kobe. Wasn't always the right thing to do but that's Kobe for you

its refreshing to see an objective kobe fan
  • playmaker88
    Options
    If you dont choose Bron you are this or that.. is that about right.

Cool close thread
  • blu197
    Options

So he's a smarter player that's not just chucking up threes instead he's taking higher % shots.

Cool.

You do know Kobes job is to shoot and score right?? You can't call a player a chucker for doing what he's suppose to do which is score and put pressure on the D (nh) but whatever dude
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Cool.

You do know Kobes job is to shoot and score right?? You can't call a player a chucker for doing what he's suppose to do which is score and put pressure on the D (nh) but whatever dude

But LBJ averages more points then him.

Including playoffs.

And LBJ is far from a chucker.

Kobe is one of the all time greats bruh.

But not ahead of LBJ.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I anticipated a lot more stanning and ridiculously pointless arguments when I clicked this thread.

Bravo Cheap seats. Progress.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What kind of joke thread is this?, Kobe is literally the most skilled player of all-time. Y'all clearly don't understand what skill means.
  • blu197
    Options

Cool.

Including playoffs.

But not ahead of LBJ.

Now you're acting like you don't know nothing about ball..

Besides the fact that Lebron's career is nearly 7 seasons shorter Kobe started off his career behind a very good Eddie Jones then when he stated to break out he was still playing with a Prime Shaq, of course his scoring averages would take a hit, but despite all of that he's still top 4 (soon 3) all time in scoring... But go ahead and go by the stats (though true yet misleading) b/c it's obvious u jus started watching ball in 2010 when u heard a guy named lebron went to the Heat
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Ya'll can debate this ? ..but the grammar ? in me couldn't let this slide
    Now, to the untouchables:
    ..you mean intangibles not untouchables
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will say this though, Lebron has a slight chance to be the greatest player of all-time. The stats are there, the health is there etc. It depends on what moves he makes when his contract is up (and if they win this year).

He has to go to a real contender where he can rack up on championships. He needs number 7 for it to be consensus.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Cool.

Including playoffs.

But not ahead of LBJ.

Besides the fact that Lebron's career is nearly 7 seasons shorter Kobe started off his career behind a very good Eddie Jones then when he stated to break out he was still playing with a Prime Shaq, of course his scoring averages would take a hit, but despite all of that he's still top 4 (soon 3) all time in scoring... But go ahead and go by the stats (though true yet misleading) b/c it's obvious u jus started watching ball in 2010 when u heard a guy named lebron went to the Heat

Bruh.

Kobe is great.

Just not ahead of LBJ.

IMO

And gtfoh with LBJ to the heat ? . Useless ass argument.

I'm coming with facts why LBJ is a better skilled player to me.

And you saying well he didn't start and he played with Shaq. What the ? that has to do with all the other aspects of the game.

LBJ always top 5 in scoring and fg% increase every year.

Dude makes correct plays when he plays. That's why he's more skilled.

• blu197
    Options

Cool.

Including playoffs.

But not ahead of LBJ.

Bruh.

Kobe is great.

Just not ahead of LBJ.

IMO

And you saying well he didn't start and he played with Shaq. What the ? that has to do with all the other aspects of the game.

Nah bruh you coming with ? and the same wack argument that 'player As data is better than player Bs data' when subject on the thread is SKILL.... And that has everything to do with the topic at hand which was scoring, u brought up the 'Lbj has higher avg' nonsense and i told u why he does, the guy played 8 seasons with Prime Shaq, any player in history of the game that's not a big man would be a 2nd option scoring wise to him
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Cool.

Including playoffs.

But not ahead of LBJ.

Bruh.

Kobe is great.

Just not ahead of LBJ.

IMO

Nah bruh you coming with ? and the same wack argument that 'player As data is better than player Bs data' when subject on the thread is SKILL.... And that has everything to do with the topic at hand which was scoring, u brought up the 'Lbj has higher avg' nonsense and i told u why he does, the guy played 8 seasons with Prime Shaq, any player in history of the game that's not a big man would be a 2nd option scoring wise to him

Skill is not just scoring.

Which is why LBJ is more skilled.

Do watch the games or do you just skim thru them
  • D0wn
    Options
    All that stats & percentages, is irrelevent In terms of skills.
    Skills as in individual talents, and capabilities.
    In a game of 1 on 1, who would you put your money on, Kobe (Healthy) or Lebron?
  • blu197
    Options

Cool.

Including playoffs.

But not ahead of LBJ.

Bruh.

Kobe is great.

Just not ahead of LBJ.

IMO

Skill is not just scoring.

Which is why LBJ is more skilled.

Do watch the games or do you just skim thru them

Kobe is the better ball handler, has many more moves in the post, he's the faster player (prime kobe) has a better jump shot, better dunker (prime Kobe) ect... Kobe is more skilled
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I don't really care about speed

But quickness is different.

And LBJ got about 40 pounds on Kobe and their quickness is the same even prime Kobe.

Kobe have more post move getting a shot off falling away from the goal

LBJ has more post moves going towards the basket.

Kobe has better handles

LBJ has better ball security.

Dunking. LBJ

Battling on the boards. LBJ.

Vision. LBJ. He turn scrubs into playmakers.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought of a spin off for this thread with a player similar to bron who wouldn't get the love he gettin in this thread lol
This discussion has been closed.