Fire In The Soul: Cops Throw Grenade Into Baby's Crib

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwing a flash or stun grenade is 100% standard in raids, if it wasn't then I would agree it's the cops fault because it shouldn't have been thrown.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grenade in the crib though?

cops stay doing the most.......
  • VIBE
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    @Vibe is a ? , high life avi & the ? smokes weed, what if someone see's you leaving the weed spot, decides to rob you thinking you got more than you do and run up in ur crib, smh

If you seen the High on Life thread, you'd know why I chose the avi.
  • VIBE
    Only because it's a child is this news, if it landed in the bed of an adult, no ? would be given.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    All in all, if the parents knew, it's their fault. If they didn't know, it's the home owners fault.

So, in no way, do the cops have any type of responsibility ?

What if they were wrong about the drugs, etc... ?

Don't you got like 5 kids - what if they came busting through ya' door on some "we heard there were drugs" and threw a grenade in one of your kid's crib.

Usually, any type of raid isn't done because it's "oh we heard", they raid after an investigation. Meaning, they got wind drugs were being dealt or held in the house, they surveyed the house and watched activity on the house. They do this for weeks/months. Then they fall back, make their plans on how to enter and where all possible exits would be, cover their bases and go in.

"why didn't they announce themselves" - by law, they have do and it apart of their everyday protocol. So, they more than likely did, but they're not going to knock and give you a couple minutes to respond. They're going to announce themselves by words/voice, bang on the door then bust in.

They're giving no chance for any possible escape or for them to arm themselves.

It's simple. If you have watched any type of raids on TV or youtube, it's all protocol.

Again, these are adults who knowingly are taking part in illegal activities, whether or not you and I agree if it should've illegal or not isn't a factor. They knowingly allowed another family to stay w them, putting them in danger.

We don't know if the visting family knew or not. If they did, they are also at fault for their stupidity.

So, if the cops believe you're doing anything illegal, it should be ok for them to throw a grenade into your kid's crib ?
  • VIBE
    So, y'all think it was intentional for the cop to throw the grenade into the playpen?
  • 7figz
    So, y'all think it was intentional for the cop to throw the grenade into the playpen?

Probably not, but how does it matter once they did it ?

Think saying "it was an accident" is supposed to help this kid ?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't be this dense, my G. Of course it wasn't intentional. But that's the kinda the point, they be throwing them ? ? nilly in the crib not really caring one way or the other. Is it a dangerous job? Sure. Are flash bangs needed sometimes? Sure.

Does that mean the police should be absolved of any wrong doing if they throw a grenade in a baby's crib? No. Their at fault, nothing wrong with just saying their at fault. There's no deeper, philosophical ? behind it. The cops were negligent and threw a grenade in a baby's crib.

? is pretty simple, fam.
  • VIBE
    All in all, if the parents knew, it's their fault. If they didn't know, it's the home owners fault.

Don't you got like 5 kids - what if they came busting through ya' door on some "we heard there were drugs" and threw a grenade in one of your kid's crib.

Usually, any type of raid isn't done because it's "oh we heard", they raid after an investigation. Meaning, they got wind drugs were being dealt or held in the house, they surveyed the house and watched activity on the house. They do this for weeks/months. Then they fall back, make their plans on how to enter and where all possible exits would be, cover their bases and go in.

"why didn't they announce themselves" - by law, they have do and it apart of their everyday protocol. So, they more than likely did, but they're not going to knock and give you a couple minutes to respond. They're going to announce themselves by words/voice, bang on the door then bust in.

It's simple. If you have watched any type of raids on TV or youtube, it's all protocol.

Again, these are adults who knowingly are taking part in illegal activities, whether or not you and I agree if it should've illegal or not isn't a factor. They knowingly allowed another family to stay w them, putting them in danger.

We don't know if the visting family knew or not. If they did, they are also at fault for their stupidity.

So, if the cops believe you're doing anything illegal, it should be ok for them to throw a grenade into your kid's crib ?

You can't be this stupid, dude.

The cop didn't say "I'm throwing this into the crib", it wasn't intentional. Dude is doing a drug raid, drug raid, drug raid; drugs, guns, weapons, violence.. All goes hand in hand. If I'm dealing drugs out of my pad w kids and I know the danger I'm putting everyone in, why am I to blame the cop for my stupidity? If I don't do such stupid ? then I know a stun grendae won't land in my kids crib.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ? acting like they purposely threw the ? at the crib tho... whatever. ? you and that baby @Cain‌.
    Cain wrote: »
    s.free wrote: »
    s.free wrote: »
    Unless they intentionally threw it in the crib.... parents fault.

That baby gonna be a ? tho. Already looks kinda ? .

shut yo ? up.........................did the parents throw the grenade?

Did the parents have their kid in the trap?

Shut the ? up gandalf.

doesn't matter where the kids at ? the cops threw a grenade in a baby's crib.

If the kid was in a Penthouse in a crib would you say its the cops fault then?

Smh. How does that hel... nvm. Old dumb ? .

Can't believe ? got me in here on the same side as Mr.Mom. ? up.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not, but the fact remains it was unnecessary.

I hope this incident brings about some change to their protocol.
  • VIBE
    mryounggun wrote: »

You can't be this dense, my G. Of course it wasn't intentional. But that's the kinda the point, they be throwing them ? ? nilly in the crib not really caring one way or the other. Is it a dangerous job? Sure. Are flash bangs needed sometimes? Sure.

Does that mean the police should be absolved of any wrong doing if they throw a grenade in a baby's crib? No. Their at fault, nothing wrong with just saying their at fault. There's no deeper, philosophical ? behind it. The cops were negligent and threw a grenade in a baby's crib.

? is pretty simple, fam.

Here's my problem w the whole thing..

Let's say this wasn't a visting family. Let's say they lived there. While the cops survey the house, they would realize there are children in the house. Therefore their tactics in raiding the house would be different. They wouldn't throw any type of grenade in the house.

BUT, this is a VISITING FAMILY.

This was a wrench in the gears. They had no clue this was going to happen. It was an accident.

Which is why if the visiting family knew, it's their fault and they shouldn't have been there like that.

If not, it's the home owners fault. Shouldn't allow your family w children to stay.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @obnoxiouslyfresh‌ So y'all throwing grenades now?
  • 7figz
    edited May 2014

You can't be this stupid, dude.

The cop didn't say "I'm throwing this into the crib", it wasn't intentional. Dude is doing a drug raid, drug raid, drug raid; drugs, guns, weapons, violence.. All goes hand in hand. If I'm dealing drugs out of my pad w kids and I know the danger I'm putting everyone in, why am I to blame the cop for my stupidity? If I don't do such stupid ? then I know a stun grendae won't land in my kids crib.

I'm startin' to agree you're not too smart bruh.

If there is a possibility of throwing a grenade into a kids' crib when going to arrest somebody for DRUGS, something's wrong.

What a cop-lovin' idiot.
  • VIBE
    Lol @‌vibe

So its known you smoke weed and I'm assuming you smoke in your house correct? What if the cops run up in your house thinking you the plug and toss grenade blow you newborn up. Is it your fault you had weed in the house?

I'm pretty sure me smoking weed wouldn't result in a raid that would happen within an hour. But, to play along, if it was to happen, whose fault is it? Mine for smoking weed in the house, knowing there's kids there? Or the cops? Well, last I checked, I have a brain and I can logically think, so if I knew smoking weed in my house resulted in raids, and I know how raids are done, then I knowingly put not not myself in danger but my kids as well.

But, this is considering I wasn't under surveillance and they didn't know I had kids.

Like I said, usually they would survey the house and then complete their raid. They don't go in blindfolded.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Did the visting family know about the drug dealing? If so, why would you subject your child to even being around such activity? Any type of danger is looming when this type of ? is going on.

2. If the parents knew about this situation, then, ultimately, it's their fault for bringing their child around this ? . Granted, you don't think a raid would happen and a grenade would be thrown in the window, but I would have at least thought about a midnight robbery. I wouldn't have been there like that w my kids.

3. How would the police know about the visting family and the fact that they have a kid in the living room? We know that cops do surveillance on the house before a raid. So, from what they knew, only the family lived there, not the visiting family.

4. Precautions should've been taken but I don't know police protocol for this type of bust. Neither do you. They handled it in a non-leathal way but it's unfortunate that the non-leathal weapons resulted in a babies severe injuries.

@ThirdEyeFive‌ cut this mufucka..

nah matter of fact OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
  • KingFreeman
    I heard @Cain‌ birth certificate expired. Old ass ? .
  • KingFreeman
    @Cain‌ first Christmas was the first Christmas. Old ass ? .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun wrote: »

? is pretty simple, fam.

Here's my problem w the whole thing..

Let's say this wasn't a visting family. Let's say they lived there. While the cops survey the house, they would realize there are children in the house. Therefore their tactics in raiding the house would be different. They wouldn't throw any type of grenade in the house.

BUT, this is a VISITING FAMILY.

This was a wrench in the gears. They had no clue this was going to happen. It was an accident.

Which is why if the visiting family knew, it's their fault and they shouldn't have been there like that.

If not, it's the home owners fault. Shouldn't allow your family w children to stay.

Fam, you are arguing a point that no one is disputing. OF COURSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!! But does the fact that it was an accident and the fact that either the parents of the homeowner should have been wiser negate the fact that the cops threw a live grenade in a kids crib?

You say 'Yes'.

All the rational people say 'No'.

If you believe that, then using that same logic...who's fault was it that Oscar Grant was killed; shot in the back as he lay on the ground handcuffed?

The cops fault, even though it was an accident? (And I DO think it was an accident)

or

Oscar Grants fault for getting into a scuffle on the train and talking slick when he was pulled off the train?

By your logic, it stands to reason that that young man was responsible for his own death. Right or wrong? If you don't think that, tell me the difference in that scenario and the grenade scenario.
  • KingFreeman
    When ? said "let there be light"@Cain turned on the switch tho. Old ass ? .
  • 7figz
    DWO wrote: »
    i get that people like to play devils advocate sometimes, and offer two-sides to every coin and all that ? ..

but c'mon bruh there's some things that you don't defend....

throwing a grenade in a crib is one of them.....

what's next a cop holds a husband down while another cop rapes his wife ? be like
    VIBE wrote:
    well, that's what happens you have open warrants for speeding tickets......yall gotta pay yall fines

Real talk. That's exactly what I expect a MF like that to say.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwing a flash or stun grenade is 100% standard in raids, if it wasn't then I would agree it's the cops fault because it shouldn't have been thrown.

1. It being standard doesn't make it justified or right in every situation

2. When is it standard to throw it inside a baby crib
  • VIBE
    It's on HLN now.

Let me see this info, as the article didn't provide much, and I'll tell you what I thinkZ
  • mryounggun
    Copper wrote: »

1. It being standard doesn't make it justified or right in every situation

2. When is it standard to throw it inside a baby crib

This is what I think he's missing. It being a standard practice don't really mean ? .