Mustard on the SAME damn beat

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dead at the writers on "Loyal"

Nicholas Balding, Mark Kragen, Chris Brown, Tyrone Griffin, Jr., Robert Brackins, Dwayne Carter, Karim Kharbouch, Stanley ? , Omololu Akinlolu, Mason Betha, Sean Combs, Christopher Wallace, Todd Shaw, Asha Puthli, Deric Angelettie, Michael Stevenson

Stanley ? =Mistah F.A.B.
  • Turfaholic
    dead at the writers on "Loyal"

Nicholas Balding, Mark Kragen, Chris Brown, Tyrone Griffin, Jr., Robert Brackins, Dwayne Carter, Karim Kharbouch, Stanley ? , Omololu Akinlolu, Mason Betha, Sean Combs, Christopher Wallace, Todd Shaw, Asha Puthli, Deric Angelettie, Michael Stevenson

Todd Shaw=Too $hort

For my bay area haters
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KINGEC wrote: »
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Dude needs to switch his sound up a bit tho.

I like his ? but he'll end up like these other beat makers/producers who's hot for a min then fall off if he don't switch his sound up.

Yeah i kinda like comparing dude against Mike Will i think Mustard not going '10 summers', but I can see Mike Will lasting for a while

Yeah, but that's only if he doesn't switch his style/sound up.

You already got people thinking that he produced "Loyal". Soon other beat makers/producers are going to come out with his sound, reinvent/put their own twist to it, then they'll be the next DJ Mustard/big producer etc.

Bruh says he's trying to switch his sound up so he won't fall off. So we'll see.

He def needs too because his style is so easy to duplicate its ridiculous. I be on some producing ? myself and I be watching tutorials breaking down/recreating these dudes sounds and his ? be hella brief lol
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Mustard crank. I even like real mustard.

He's probably thinking about going down the EDM route. He's a Producer, not a Beat-Maker. He utilizes other people for certain sounds and melodies. He utilizes Rappers to use their voices and bars as instruments
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    I have no problem with his hustle
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Muztid on the same damn beat, ?
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not worse than Lex Luger......

• purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Dude needs to switch his sound up a bit tho.

I like his ? but he'll end up like these other beat makers/producers who's hot for a min then fall off if he don't switch his sound up.

Yeah i kinda like comparing dude against Mike Will i think Mustard not going '10 summers', but I can see Mike Will lasting for a while

Yeah, but that's only if he doesn't switch his style/sound up.

You already got people thinking that he produced "Loyal". Soon other beat makers/producers are going to come out with his sound, reinvent/put their own twist to it, then they'll be the next DJ Mustard/big producer etc.

Bruh says he's trying to switch his sound up so he won't fall off. So we'll see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-zpOMYRi0w&feature=kp

this is carbon copy of the typical dj mustard beat nh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    Still not worse than Lex Luger......

that way>>any mustard beat
  • EarPlug0128
    EarPlug0128 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    In my opinion 2On with Tinashe is my favorite beat he's done to date. I'm Different is another favorite and his work on the YG album does show some kind of range. When I heard Karmasutra and 24 Hours though I wanted to laugh and break window at the same time lol.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luger is dope to me.

But this beat sound kinda different from his other stuff.
    http://youtu.be/-s7TCuCpB5c
  • MoneyLuver
    So we gon act like "My Krazy Life" wasn't one of the best albums to drop in the past year?

Ladies and Gentlemen speak now or forever remain a gump
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    So we gon act like "My Krazy Life" wasn't one of the best albums to drop in the past year?

Ladies and Gentlemen speak now or forever remain a gump

We said he got hits that doesn't mean the sound isn't relatively simple, easy to duplicate, and will fade quick unless he adjusts though
  • MoneyLuver
    So since u agree that he got hits then just leave it at that and watch him cook.

You're not actually aware of how Mustard makes his music. Becuz he does it the right way.

"My ? " - YG
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYauIsDWkRE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Sanctified" - Rick Ross
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4r_7yci9Gs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

''Show Me'' - Kid Ink
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXJcmcnnhg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nobody ever know what they talkin about when they criticizin
  • Turfaholic
    I purchased J. Stalin CD yesterday. I swear you expect to hear "Mustard O. The beat ? !" On all the tracks! ? a bay area biter at the fullest.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I purchased J. Stalin CD yesterday. I swear you expect to hear "Mustard O. The beat ? !" On all the tracks! ? a bay area biter at the fullest.

which j stalin album??

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Luger is dope to me.

But this beat sound kinda different from his other stuff.
    http://youtu.be/-s7TCuCpB5c

"This sounds different."

First thing I hear is that "doot, doot, doot" from the same damn synthesizer.
  • Turfaholic
    satyrone wrote: »

which j stalin album??

His newest one. "Shining In Darkness".
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    So since u agree that he got hits then just leave it at that and watch him cook.

You're not actually aware of how Mustard makes his music. Becuz he does it the right way.

"My ? " - YG

"Sanctified" - Rick Ross

''Show Me'' - Kid Ink

lol what are u saying here? nobody has said anything that goes against what he says in these videos. the criticism on him is he needs to change up more often and its overly simplistic, these videos help validate that argument, hell in one of em all he did was drop drum sounds on a beat, his brother shoulda got credit for puttin in them few lil sounds. bruh i think u might need to retire from commenting on production
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    satyrone wrote: »

which j stalin album??

His newest one. "Shining In Darkness".

word didnt know he had some new ? out. about to check it ou
  • MoneyLuver

"My ? " - YG

"Sanctified" - Rick Ross

''Show Me'' - Kid Ink

lol what are u saying here? nobody has said anything that goes against what he says in these videos. the criticism on him is he needs to change up more often and its overly simplistic, these videos help validate that argument, hell in one of em all he did was drop drum sounds on a beat, his brother shoulda got for puttin in them few lil sounds. bruh i think u might need to retire from commenting on production

I need to retire? ? u don't even know what people be talkin about when they say "there's a difference between a Producer and a Beat-Maker". U just blindly agree.

You probably haven't even read the credits on YG's album. If did then you'd know that there's about 3 or 4 Producers on every track. If you actually watched the video then you'd see he says he'd rather produce Albums and not Singles. If you actually heard "My Krazy Life" then you'd know how rich the instrumentals are - I said Instrumentals not Beats

U a bop, fall back
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Called that ? a "bop" lol
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont even like mustard but yall ? say that about every ? non-east coast producer that come out, preemo and all them ? sound the same on every beat too, every producer got a sound ?
  • MoneyLuver
    1. Momma Speech Intro
    Vocals by: Mama YG

2. Bpt
    Written by: K. Jackson, D. McFarlane, B. Moore (ASCAP/BMI)
    Produced by Dijon “DJ Mustard” McFarlane
    Recorded by Dee Brown at Patchwerk Studios, Atlanta, GA
    Mixed by Derek “MixedByAli” Ali for Top Dawg Entertainment at No Excuses Studios, Santa Monica, CA and by James Royo at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA
    Mix assisted by James Hunt
    Keys: Terrace Martin
    Guitar: Marlon Williams
    Background Vocals: Jeret Black and Wyann Vaughn

3. I Just Wanna Party (feat. ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock)
    Written By: K. Jackson, D. McFarlane, Q. Hanley, J. McKinzie (BMI)
    Recorded by Dee Brown at Patchwerk Studios, Atlanta, GA; by James Royo at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA and by James Hunt at No Excuses Studios, Santa Monica, CA
    Mixed by Derek “MixedByAli” Ali for Top Dawg Entertainment at No Excuses Studios, Santa Monica, CA and by James Royo at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA
    Keyboards: Terrace Martin
    Background Vocals: Wyann Vaughn
    Additional Vocals: Suga Free, Igor, Rodney J. “RJ” Brown, Slim 400,
    Tee Cee, Reem Riches, Smooth
    ScHoolboy Q appears courtesy of Top Dawg Ent./Interscope Records
    Jay Rock appears courtesy of Top Dawg Ent./Strange Music

4. Left, Right (feat. DJ Mustard)
    Written by: K. Jackson, D. McFarlane (BMI)
    Recorded by Dee Brown at Patchwerk Studios, Atlanta, GA and Anthony Michael Wyley at Icon Studios, Atlanta, GA
    Mixed by James Royo at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA DJ Mustard appears courtesy of Roc Nation

5. Bicken Back Being Bool
    Written by: K. Jackson, D. McFarlane (BMI)
    Recorded by Ari Raskin at Premier Studios, NYC
    Mixed by Derek “MixedByAli” Ali for Top Dawg Entertainment at Interscope Studios, Santa Monica, CA and by James Royo at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA
    Mix assisted by James Hunt Keys: Terrace Martin Percussion: Terrace Martin Additional Vocals: Slim 400

6. Meet the Flockers (feat. Tee Cee)
    Written by: K. Jackson, D. McFarlane, M. Adam, M. Newman (BMI/SESAC)
    Produced by Mikely Adam for Top Liner Entertainment, Inc.
    Recorded by Dee Brown at Patchwerk Studios, Atlanta, GA and James Royo at Encore Studios, Burbank, CA
    Mixed by Derek “MixedByAli” Ali for Top Dawg Entertainment at No Excuses Studios, Santa Monica, CA
    Additional Keys: Terrace Martin
    Percussion: Terrace Martin
    Scratches by DJ Mustard
    Background Vocals: Ty Dolla $ign
    Ty Dolla $ign appears courtesy of Atlantic Recording Corporation