MC Ren Announces Ice Cube Reunion, Disses This Era Of Rap

RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in The Reason
MC Ren says these are times of "? and simple concepts."

MC Ren announced today (May 30) that he and Ice Cube have reunited for a song, a remix to Ren's "Rebel Music" selection.

Ren confirmed the collaboration, which he had discussed last month, on Instagram with the following post: "Tell somebody you know that villain and don mega back together again!!!!!!!"

On Twitter, the N.W.A emcee also addressed why this era of Hip Hop needs "Rebel Music."

"We need artist to make #rebelmusic in these times of ? and simple concepts," he says. "Stop makin a million ? mixtapes that don't nobody care about but yo fake azz homies.this is a art form."

MCRen-icecube.png

Comments

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone tell Ren to make a solo album better than good kid mad city or ?
  • freethewave

So you just gonna to go with a easy rebuttal by stating the obvious. Outside of TDE and a few other "obvious" names whose really pushing the envelope

Lol entitled.the 90's spoilt you
  • freethewave
    Also with the rappers not rappin today,dissin the rappers of today
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sick of the older legends being more willing to belittle than uplift
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, last week it was Terminator X, this week is Ren.....Gotta b some oder cats that dont have issues with whats going on now...lol...damn...Every time theres an interview cats voicing there displeasures, bet if Ren bigged up this era that ? wouldnt have been printed....lol
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shock of the Hour, nuff said...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    lol at these old rappers and old athletes who are stuck in their era. Every generations influence and path is not the same, how are you gonna tell someone to do something you did when the variables were different for them.

Oh yeah, I can't stand short sighted people who act like there isn't rappers out there making music like they ask for. Killer Mike makes rebel music, Kendrick does,etc.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why these old ? get so mad? Seem like the only legend that don't hate is Bun B.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Why these old ? get so mad? Seem like the only legend that don't hate is Bun B.

This era of music is trash stop being bias and you lil guys keep boosting up kendrick . HE ONLY HAS TWO ALBUMS and one man don't make an era.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

? this is hip-hop nobody is should to be uplifting your ass. the youth should be trying to outshine the past but they can't do it because they don't have the talent or force of personality to do it
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    Y'all little ? is disrespectful.

MC Ren is a legend in hip hop period, and one of the Great emcees that ever came out of Cali and part of the greatest hip hop group N.W.A..

Ren have a classic ep in Kizz My Black Azz and a classic album with Shock of The Hour and 2 Classic Group albums and ep with NWA.

Y'all little ? get offended when truth is spoken.

Hip hop is Rebel Music and can't wait for his new ? to drop

im an older dude who doesnt agree with what ren and a bunch of the older dudes say to the younger generation. we can lead them, have talks with them but we shouldnt disrespect them or try and make them feel like their hip hop is inferior to our hip hop. i personally am tired of hearing my generation tell my kids generation they are corny, wack, and simple. we were simple, corny, and wack to the world around us.

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 little ? start acting all sensitive yet again. too late.

y'all act like he was speaking about you personally.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were wack rappers in th 80s and 90s too. Ya'll just look back with nostalgia and romanticize the past.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren always kept it real
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    zombie wrote: »

? this is hip-hop nobody is should to be uplifting your ass. the youth should be trying to outshine the past but they can't do it because they don't have the talent or force of personality to do it

yo close minded ass probably bases that ? off wat u hear on the radio, nas and jay always show love and give advice to the younger guys, seems like the broke jealous ones are always the ones talking ? , stop tryna compare new to old all the time, I'm sure ud find something ud like if u were a real hip hop head n u took the time instead of always talking down
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? said "but but but... what about Kendrick?" - and then ran out of rappers to name.
  • Peezy_Jenkins

MC Ren is a legend in hip hop period, and one of the Great emcees that ever came out of Cali and part of the greatest hip hop group N.W.A..

Ren have a classic ep in Kizz My Black Azz and a classic album with Shock of The Hour and 2 Classic Group albums and ep with NWA.

im an older dude who doesnt agree with what ren and a bunch of the older dudes say to the younger generation. we can lead them, have talks with them but we shouldnt disrespect them or try and make them feel like their hip hop is inferior to our hip hop. i personally am tired of hearing my generation tell my kids generation they are corny, wack, and simple. we were simple, corny, and wack to the world around us.

best post in the thread. i feel sorry for the children of the ? in this thread talm bout "yall little ? " this and "yall catching feelings" that.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    ? said "but but but... what about Kendrick?" - and then ran out of rappers to name.

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    SneakDZA wrote: »

if u werent a fugazi hip hop head, you'd know already.
  • waterproof
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    There were wack rappers in th 80s and 90s too. Ya'll just look back with nostalgia and romanticize the past.

You Damn right there were wack rappers in the past but you know what. .....they got called out on it by the hip hop community and their peers, this generation except and reward wack ?
  • waterproof
  • waterproof

best post in the thread. i feel sorry for the children of the ? in this thread talm bout "yall little ? " this and "yall catching feelings" that.

Say names coward