Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Y'all little ? is disrespectful.

MC Ren is a legend in hip hop period, and one of the Great emcees that ever came out of Cali and part of the greatest hip hop group N.W.A..

Ren have a classic ep in Kizz My Black Azz and a classic album with Shock of The Hour and 2 Classic Group albums and ep with NWA.

Y'all little ? get offended when truth is spoken.

Hip hop is Rebel Music and can't wait for his new ? to drop

im an older dude who doesnt agree with what ren and a bunch of the older dudes say to the younger generation. we can lead them, have talks with them but we shouldnt disrespect them or try and make them feel like their hip hop is inferior to our hip hop. i personally am tired of hearing my generation tell my kids generation they are corny, wack, and simple. we were simple, corny, and wack to the world around us.

best post in the thread. i feel sorry for the children of the ? in this thread talm bout "yall little ? " this and "yall catching feelings" that.

Say names coward

you, ? ass ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    There were wack rappers in th 80s and 90s too. Ya'll just look back with nostalgia and romanticize the past.

You Damn right there were wack rappers in the past but you know what. .....they got called out on it by the hip hop community and their peers, this generation except and reward wack ?

and guess what, in the end they last just as long as the wack artists back then lasted, with even less accolades, not too many mc hammers, vanilla ices, and milli vanili's these days
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    There were wack rappers in th 80s and 90s too. Ya'll just look back with nostalgia and romanticize the past.

You Damn right there were wack rappers in the past but you know what. .....they got called out on it by the hip hop community and their peers, this generation except and reward wack ?

and guess what, in the end they last just as long as the wack artists back then lasted, with even less accolades, not too many mc hammers, vanilla ices, and milli vanili's these days

that's because these modern rappers can't even excel at being wack.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all little ? is disrespectful.

MC Ren is a legend in hip hop period, and one of the Great emcees that ever came out of Cali and part of the greatest hip hop group N.W.A..

Ren have a classic ep in Kizz My Black Azz and a classic album with Shock of The Hour and 2 Classic Group albums and ep with NWA.

Y'all little ? get offended when truth is spoken.

Hip hop is Rebel Music and can't wait for his new ? to drop

im an older dude who doesnt agree with what ren and a bunch of the older dudes say to the younger generation. we can lead them, have talks with them but we shouldnt disrespect them or try and make them feel like their hip hop is inferior to our hip hop. i personally am tired of hearing my generation tell my kids generation they are corny, wack, and simple. we were simple, corny, and wack to the world around us.

Im a cat that for the most part agrees with what Ren is saying, its just kinda shocking to me that almost every older cat you hear from feels the same way....My thing is what you said, the constant talking bad and dissing...Another thing, some people have said that the media played a roll in the east vs west ? , and I really didnt see it, but now its like every interviewer is asking the whats good with the current hip hop question and the older rapper cant wait to ? on it...Its too that point where you just get tired of hearing that ? ....
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    So sick of the older legends being more willing to belittle than uplift

? this is hip-hop nobody is should to be uplifting your ass. the youth should be trying to outshine the past but they can't do it because they don't have the talent or force of personality to do it

yo close minded ass probably bases that ? off wat u hear on the radio, nas and jay always show love and give advice to the younger guys, seems like the broke jealous ones are always the ones talking ? , stop tryna compare new to old all the time, I'm sure ud find something ud like if u were a real hip hop head n u took the time instead of always talking down

How many rappers have come up to be stuperstars in hiphop under jay and nas besides kanye???? there are younger artist that i like but in reality they are not good enough ,not talented enough nor charismatic enough. to really put there stamp on this generation of hip-hop and force the older rappers to the back ground and if they can they have not done it yet.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there has always been wack rappers but in the past their were always very very good rappers that existed alongside them and the wack guys were recognized as being wack,

today that is not the case the good rappers of 2014 are few and far between.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

? this is hip-hop nobody is should to be uplifting your ass. the youth should be trying to outshine the past but they can't do it because they don't have the talent or force of personality to do it

yo close minded ass probably bases that ? off wat u hear on the radio, nas and jay always show love and give advice to the younger guys, seems like the broke jealous ones are always the ones talking ? , stop tryna compare new to old all the time, I'm sure ud find something ud like if u were a real hip hop head n u took the time instead of always talking down

How many rappers have come up to be stuperstars in hiphop under jay and nas besides kanye???? there are younger artist that i like but in reality they are not good enough ,not talented enough nor charismatic enough. to really put there stamp on this generation of hip-hop and force the older rappers to the back ground and if they can they have not done it yet.

if u like the music tho, does it matter whether or not they become a "superstar" on the level of a jay-z? i think musically hip hop is in a good place. i want ? to succeed but im not really worried about whether or not they become superstars/media darlings, or comparing them to insert old school legend here, let them be them.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YALL ? DONT LIKE ?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Niggaz4life>>>>
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worl'Boss wrote: »
    MC Ren says these are times of "? and simple concepts."

"We need artist to make #rebelmusic in these times of ? and simple concepts," he says. "Stop makin a million ? mixtapes that don't nobody care about but yo fake azz homies.this is a art form."

MCRen-icecube.png

Goat statement.

Goat.png
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Why these old ? get so mad? Seem like the only legend that don't hate is Bun B.

This era of music is trash stop being bias and you lil guys keep boosting up kendrick . HE ONLY HAS TWO ALBUMS and one man don't make an era.

This era is only trash if you listen to trash music. Since I have impeccable taste in music I don't whine about the state of the game. ? act like there wasn't trash coming out back in the day. I don't wanna hear this ? 1991 flow over generic west coast beats. Kendrick not the only dope rapper out today btw, but he among the elite.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    yall be acting like the wack rappers are the ones that actually doing ? ... yeah they get played but cmon they aren't selling at all. unless they are pop..
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a few talented cats from this new era but for the most part its some fake roger troutman, singy saving hoes ? ? . Im mean that ? ? Future his ? is horrible
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of people sayin "say names".heres a thing why aint Ren saying names.Hes from the worlds most dangerous group but wont say who hes talkin bout??

Im a fan of Ren but a lot of yall on some"Oh we love you Ren and will cosign everything you say legend"

and if there are exceptions to the rule you cant blame the era can you.People and Ren fail to inderstand that its music that changed where young girls and boys buy and therefore control what gets played.lables sell to them and radio plays for them so its harder for an artist to come thru who dont fit the criteria

Doooont worry though.because after a little research you can find dope music and artists pushin the genre.Cyhi,Absoul,Slaugherhouse

Heres my advice Ren and friends.Dont turn on the tv and start crying.Buy a computer and blaze one
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feelings in evey posts damn
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    "Stop makin a million ? mixtapes that don't nobody care about but yo fake azz homies.this is a art form."

TRILLA.gif
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Ren but with that weak ass cover he better off re-releasing old material
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    There are a few talented cats from this new era but for the most part its some fake roger troutman, singy saving hoes ? ? . Im mean that ? ? Future his ? is horrible

That ? said, " singy saving hoes", lmao!
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    What if the older generation is right? What if, say 100 years from now, historians agree that rap music started in the late 1970s in the South Bronx and died out in the mid 2000s? What if 100 years from now historians say that the internet is what ruined Hip Hop?

Jazz, Blues and Rock N Roll seem to have run their course. Is it inconceivable that Hip Hop is on its way out?
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    What if the older generation is right? What if, say 100 years from now, historians agree that rap music started in the late 1970s in the South Bronx and died out in the mid 2000s? What if 100 years from now historians say that the internet is what ruined Hip Hop?

Jazz, Blues and Rock N Roll seem to have run their course. Is it inconceivable that Hip Hop is on its way out?

Is Country Music on its way out?

How come nobody ever talks ? about White, Latin, African, Australian or Asian music? Why only Black American music
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »

How come nobody ever talks ? about White, Latin, African, Australian or Asian music? Why only Black American music

From what I understand Country is a mix between Blues and Folk with its roots deeply planted in Blues. While Country may be selling multiplatinum these days, I don't think its a progressive art form. In other words, I don't think Country artists are coming up with new ideas, its just the same old guitar, bass, drums and lead singer. The lyrics don't change and neither does the way Country singers dress. Tight jeans, a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat. Sadly, this is what Hip Hop has become. No new ideas and every rapper dresses exactly the same. Braids, Du rag, tatoos. The only thing original about rappers nowadays is that some of them wear baggy jeans while others wear skinny jeans. Other than that I haven't seen an original idea in years.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options

From what I understand Country is a mix between Blues and Folk with its roots deeply planted in Blues. While Country may be selling multiplatinum these days, I don't think its a progressive art form. In other words, I don't think Country artists are coming up with new ideas, its just the same old guitar, bass, drums and lead singer. The lyrics don't change and neither does the way Country singers dress. Tight jeans, a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat. Sadly, this is what Hip Hop has become. No new ideas and every rapper dresses exactly the same. Braids, Du rag, tatoos. The only thing original about rappers nowadays is that some of them wear baggy jeans while others wear skinny jeans. Other than that I haven't seen an original idea in years.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the delegation of May 30th 2014. I present to you the keywords that tell this person's mindset who's trying to tell everybody what they like in two words that he used repeatedly....

"I think"
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe MC Ren is just speaking the truth...it does hurt sometimes
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you're missing the point. Those aren't traditionally black american forms of music that get coopted by white americans.

In fact, one could easily make the argument that country music is the blues as done by white people so it's evidence of the trend not a disproof of it.
  • MoneyLuver
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

I think you're missing the point. Those aren't traditionally black american forms of music that get coopted by white americans.

In fact, one could easily make the argument that country music is the blues as done by white people so it's evidence of the trend not a disproof of it.

Why did u take my point from the ignorance u regurgitated and lose it in the sauce?

Ignore the truth all u want ? ass ?