MC Ren Announces Ice Cube Reunion, Disses This Era Of Rap

Options

Comments

• FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And to be very fair Blu- Below The Heavens overall is a better west coast album that got no push.

If only I can take the themes and lyrics of GKMC, with Exiles production, & less Kenderick on choruses.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ren was my favorite as a kid. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in about 20 years
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    What if the older generation is right? What if, say 100 years from now, historians agree that rap music started in the late 1970s in the South Bronx and died out in the mid 2000s? What if 100 years from now historians say that the internet is what ruined Hip Hop?

Jazz, Blues and Rock N Roll seem to have run their course. Is it inconceivable that Hip Hop is on its way out?

Is Country Music on its way out?

How come nobody ever talks ? about White, Latin, African, Australian or Asian music? Why only Black American music

I think you're missing the point. Those aren't traditionally black american forms of music that get coopted by white americans.

In fact, one could easily make the argument that country music is the blues as done by white people so it's evidence of the trend not a disproof of it.

Why did u take my point from the ignorance u regurgitated and lose it in the sauce?

Ignore the truth all u want ? ass ?

Never go full ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So sick of the older legends being more willing to belittle than uplift
    Maybe MC Ren is just speaking the truth...it does hurt sometimes

yet he not doing anything to help his problem, maybe he just being bitter
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    What if the older generation is right? What if, say 100 years from now, historians agree that rap music started in the late 1970s in the South Bronx and died out in the mid 2000s? What if 100 years from now historians say that the internet is what ruined Hip Hop?

Jazz, Blues and Rock N Roll seem to have run their course. Is it inconceivable that Hip Hop is on its way out?

Is Country Music on its way out?

How come nobody ever talks ? about White, Latin, African, Australian or Asian music? Why only Black American music

I think you're missing the point. Those aren't traditionally black american forms of music that get coopted by white americans.

In fact, one could easily make the argument that country music is the blues as done by white people so it's evidence of the trend not a disproof of it.

Why did u take my point from the ignorance u regurgitated and lose it in the sauce?

Ignore the truth all u want ? ass ?

Never go full ? .

So why u doin it now?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    ? said "but but but... what about Kendrick?" - and then ran out of rappers to name.

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

Are any of those guys getting consistent radio spins and mainstream attention? Only Kendrick and to a lesser extent J Cole was able to really breakthrough. Now do you want me to name the rappers that dropped amazing music AND got mainstream attention? This is why this era sucks. You gotta look under rocks to find good music while the wack ? is all we're hearing.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2014
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ? said "but but but... what about Kendrick?" - and then ran out of rappers to name.

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

Are any of those guys getting consistent radio spins and mainstream attention? Only Kendrick and to a lesser extent J Cole was able to really breakthrough. Now do you want me to name the rappers that dropped amazing music AND got mainstream attention? This is why this era sucks. You gotta look under rocks to find good music while the wack ? is all we're hearing.

so the era wack cuz yall to lazy to turn off the radio and go on youtube? the era wack based on what sells not the quality of the music whether it sells or not? ridiculousness. all those artists were found YEARS b4 they broke through and some still havent yet, that dont mean they music aint great. i guess mainstream only matters when yall wanna call the era wack, otherwise its "idc i dont listen to the radio anyway" lol @ look under rocks.
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

But using a SmartPhone isn't rocket science. Everybody does it so what's the problem?
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think putting out music he considers to be good is helping his problem. MC REN is a legend why should he be bitter
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

so the era wack cuz yall to lazy to turn off the radio and go on youtube? the era wack based on what sells not the quality of the music whether it sells or not? ridiculousness. all those artists were found YEARS b4 they broke through and some still havent yet, that dont mean they music aint great. i guess mainstream only matters when yall wanna call the era wack, otherwise its "idc i dont listen to the radio anyway" lol @ look under rocks.

You missed the point. You shouldn't HAVE TO. Why is garbage music so readily available and easily accessible. But the good stuff is hidden?
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

But using a SmartPhone isn't rocket science. Everybody does it so what's the problem?

Not everybody desires to search for music like that. Honestly if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't even know or heard half the stuff I've heard over the last 10+ years.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

I think putting out music he considers to be good is helping his problem. MC REN is a legend why should he be bitter

i asked the same thing bruh. he shouldnt be worrying about music he dont like if he not tryna help em get better.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2014
    Options

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

You missed the point. You shouldn't HAVE TO. Why is garbage music so readily available and easily accessible. But the good stuff is hidden?

its not hidden tho, turning on a blog site like the ic or loggin on to live mixtapes or listening to satellite radio aint no harder than switchin on mainstream radio
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cause everyone else in his 4 man group is either a living legend or a dead one
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

its not hidden tho, turning on a blog site like the ic or loggin on to live mixtapes or listening to satellite radio aint no harder than switchin on mainstream radio

Right but not everybody is thinking about going on blog sites or listening to satellite radio. There are millions of people that don't know about blog sites like that. They get their hip hop fix through the radio. So in their eyes the mainstream stuff is the representation of the current state of hip hop.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i asked the same thing bruh. he shouldnt be worrying about music he dont like if he not tryna help em get better.
    You got to remember, Ren is from an era where if you think a ? is wack you tell him. If making music is your income why not worry about a wack ? stealing your shine...it was cool for KL to call ? out on a song but when an old school ? does it he's bitter?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2014
    Options

You got to remember, Ren is from an era where if you think a ? is wack you tell him. If making music is your income why not worry about a wack ? stealing your shine...it was cool for KL to call ? out on a song but when an old school ? does it he's bitter?

KL didnt diss anyone tho, and if what ren making is that nice, there's a good chance its gon shine through with the right people regardless of who else has shine, now with him talkin that ? , some will look at his new ? like "this ? talked all that ? and its garbage" or they gon act like its super nice whether it is or not cuz he from tha past and he talked ?

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

Right but not everybody is thinking about going on blog sites or listening to satellite radio. There are millions of people that don't know about blog sites like that. They get their hip hop fix through the radio. So in their eyes the mainstream stuff is the representation of the current state of hip hop.

ok thats them, why worry about how other people percieve the current state of hip hop, u know better than them so do better bruh, dont say its wack how they see hip hop w/o tryna put em on the good ? , ? come around me talm bout that quan, i at least try to put em on that krit. i dont get how bolded dictates the state of hip hop for you if u know u have other easy avenues to find the good ass music
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly if you don't know how to look for new music in 2014 without the use of the radio... thats your loss, there's a reason why we have YouTube, Datpiff etc.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta look under a rock to find dope music. ? is literally at your finger tips.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

KL didnt diss anyone tho, and if what ren making is that nice, there's a good chance its gon shine through with the right people regardless of who else has shine, now with him talkin that ? , some will look at his new ? like "this ? talked all that ? and its garbage" or they gon act like its super nice whether it is or not cuz he from tha past and he talked ?

Big Krit
    Freddie Gibbs
    Ab Soul

It's too many to name

ok thats them, why worry about how other people percieve the current state of hip hop, u know better than them so do better bruh, dont say its wack how they see hip hop w/o tryna put em on the good ? , ? come around me talm bout that quan, i at least try to put em on that krit. i dont get how bolded dictates the state of hip hop for you if u know u have other easy avenues to find the good ass music

Mainstream music is the most popular music obviously, but to hip hop fans we know how to get access to dope ? . We aren't talking about me or you that post on a hip hop site. There's plenty of people that don't know about datpiff or any of those sites. They only know whatever the radio and MTV and BET plays. No one should have to go to obscure websites just to hear dope ? . It should be as easily accessible as a YG song on the radio. THATS MY POINT.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Honestly if you don't know how to look for new music in 2014 without the use of the radio... thats your loss, there's a reason why we have YouTube, Datpiff etc.

We shouldn't have to do all that. The radio should play more Krit and Ab Soul and give it as much spins as the garbage like Migos.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options

We shouldn't have to do all that. The radio should play more Krit and Ab Soul and give it as much spins as the garbage like Migos.

Well tell whoever you know that listens to the radio to request those artists, and if they don't get played, blame the DJs... I understand and I agree with your point about balance on the radio... but whining about it won't help... remember all those discussions about New York radio that everyone had late last year?....

You have to do your part as well to let them know what you want....
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Well tell whoever you know that listens to the radio to request those artists, and if they don't get played, blame the DJs... I understand and I agree with your point about balance on the radio... but whining about it won't help... remember all those discussions about New York radio that everyone had late last year?....

I'm not whining about it. I've said countless times that I think there's a lot of good artists out there. But they don't get represented in the mainstream like the wack rappers. As for the radio real change has to occur at the top.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options

I'm not whining about it. I've said countless times that I think there's a lot of good artists out there. But they don't get represented in the mainstream like the wack rappers. As for the radio real change has to occur at the top.

So what do you suggest the people do?
  • 5th Letter
    Options

So what do you suggest the people do?
    Continue doing what they're doing.