"The Arsenio Hall Show" Canceled After One Season Due To It Not Being Financially Viable

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    The only reason this show got cancelled was because it didn't "cross over" and appeal to a more "diverse" audience.....aka white people.

This show would be perfect for Puff's new network.

Hopefully they can link up and work something out.

Its funny because it is countless amount of shows on tv where you see only white folks we never even heard of and no black ppl....smh ? white people
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched a few interviews from the new show but didnt like it the ? was kinda whacc but im sure they could put him on an other network like conan
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm wondering if Arsenio is the guy Camron was referring too in his interview with the Breakfast Club a while back.

Dude was vague as ? about it, but aside from the Boondocks, he's got the only Black show that could fit the situation Camron gave.

But Arsenio is a show that needs to be on a Black network. All his guest were relevant to Black media in some way. That or personal friends of his.

? .... the ? got Prince on his couch. That in itself should say something. I'm gonna take this moment to admit my infatuation for Leah Remini as well. Goofy broad had my full attention.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only seen the show once I never know when the show is coming on
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly watched the show all the time... followed him on instagram and had his YouTube channel for this reason. ... I know how hard it is for us 2 get a platform.. he should most definitely try and move to another network geared towards blacks...
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    point blank the show was garbage. hes really not that good of a host. his interview skills were lacking, his jokes were forced and most of the time he had lame ass guests. that being said he was a legend in the 90s as being the only talk show host to give a platform for our artists. hopefully we get another show soon, just keep it away from cw, tbs, and bet. maybe on vh1 like someone else said.

VH1 snatched the crown on ignorant black entertainment. BET actually aint as bad as it used to be.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Arsenio was corny and not funny

Give Dave Chappelle or Tina Fey a talk show b

Tina Fey tho??
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly watched the show all the time... followed him on instagram and had his YouTube channel for this reason. ... I know how hard it is for us 2 get a platform.. he should most definitely try and move to another network geared towards blacks...

Too bad
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That news makes this clip even more hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhUsouQTag

That aired a couple of months ago. I guess they went back on their word
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That news makes this clip even more hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhUsouQTag

Now that's a bit of a faux pas.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Arsenio is the guy Camron was referring too in his interview with the Breakfast Club a while back.

Dude was vague as ? about it, but aside from the Boondocks, he's got the only Black show that could fit the situation Camron gave.

But Arsenio is a show that needs to be on a Black network. All his guest were relevant to Black media in some way. That or personal friends of his.

? .... the ? got Prince on his couch. That in itself should say something. I'm gonna take this moment to admit my infatuation for Leah Remini as well. Goofy broad had my full attention.

What camron say?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

What camron say?

Got to 20:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdVdPsW75g
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His show was far from wack...ratings were just average to say the least.But you know us, blacks always complain when stuff like this happen yet had more of us supported it,maybe this wouldn't have happened.IOnly time most of us are interested in something it has to be some drama involved.Just watched a movie on bet called black coffee,majority all black cast and not once was it any drama or negativity put out.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Arsenio was corny and not funny

Give Dave Chappelle or Tina Fey a talk show b

cosigned for chappelle not tina fey
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave.chappelle aint walkin through that door ? foh
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was the purpose of havin the Suge comment there?

I didnt even realize the show was on cbs.

I'd like to see the financial numbers for all the new era shows vs the ones on the big 4. In this day n age, is there really any need to be on a big a cable station??

Real housewives is on Bravo, John n Kate came on TLC, all the shows on Vh1, etc
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What camron say?

1398199198214.gif

Damn, good catch @kzzl
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What camron say?

Good looking