Babylon the Great! Is it America or Mecca/Saudi Arabia/Or any other nation/place you want to name?

DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
? has given us numerous characteristics that help to identify who Babylon the great is. Here are some of the many characteristics that Babylon must fulfill in order for her to be Babylon the Great. If 1 fails, that candidate must be excluded.

1. Babylon the Great is a young nation. - Jeremiah 50:12

2. Babylon the Great has a mother nation that births her and is till alive at her demise. - Jeremiah 50:12

3. Babylon the Great is the greatest nation of the "end times"...the lone superpower...The glory of Kingdoms. - Isaiah 47:8, Isaiah 13:9; Isaiah 47:5; Isaiah 18:7, Zephaniah 2:15

4. Babylon the Great is a very wealthy nation. - Revelation 18:3, Revelation 18:17; Jeremiah 51:13; Habakkuk 1:16

5. Babylon the Great is a nation with cities and land. - Jeremiah 51:43, Jeremiah 50:12; Habakkuk 1:6;
Jeremiah 50:32

6. Babylon the Great is a nation that is safe and secure. (ie. Peace and Safety) Isaiah 47:8, Nahum 1:12, Zephaniah 2:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:3

7. Babylon the Great is a nation with great influence in world affairs. - Jeremiah 51:55

8. Babylon the Great is a nation who has a great weaponized space program.- Jeremiah 51:53

9. Babylon the Great is a nation who is a great mixture of people.- Revelation 17:15, Jeremiah 50:37

10. Babylon the Great is a nation who trades all sorts of goods and commodities.- Revelation 18:12

11. Babylon the Great is a nation who's so deep in debt that her creditors finally rise up against her.- Habakkuk 2:6-7

12. Babylon the Great has the mightiest and most powerful military in the world, ? calls her the "hammer of the whole earth". - Jeremiah 50:23

I just listed 12 so far. Now you use whatever resources you have that can pinpoint each and every characteristic to the place that you believe Babylon the Great is. Once you have done your research, i will provide my evidence and then we can let the evidence speak for itself. May ? be glorified and proven true during this process, In Jesus name I pray Amen.

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the nations love her for her fornication (spiritual) and consumerism, which has made them rich.

Revelation 18:3 NLT

For all the nations have fallen because of the wine of her passionate immorality. The kings of the world have committed adultery with her. Because of her desires for extravagant luxury, the merchants of the world have grown rich.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Points 1-12 can be attributed to many nations that have existed or might exist through out human history

Mystery babylon is in arabia and here is why. In isaiah 13:20 and in Isaiah 21 geographic descriptions and cultural hints are given

Isaiah 21 calls babylon a "desert by the sea" and in isaiah 13:20 it says “No Arab will pitch this tent there, no shepherd will rest his flocks there”. So we know instantly that verses are geographicaly locating babylon in the middle eastern word and they cannot be speaking about america. We know that this chapter can apply to end times babylon because it uses the term " the day of the lord" WHICH Is a term used by the bible to describe later events in which ? punishes at the end times

isaiah 13:9

See, the day of the Lord is coming
    —a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
    to make the land desolate
    and destroy the sinners within it.

In jeremiah 49:8 more geographical descriptions are given

“Is there no longer wisdom in Teman?
    Has counsel perished from the prudent?
    Has their wisdom decayed?
    Turn and flee, hide in deep caves,
    you who live in Dedan,
    for I will bring disaster on Esau
    at the time when I punish him.

Teman and dedan where ancient cities in what is now modern saudi arabia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teman_(Edom) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedan. these places are nowhere near ancient babylon. the same thing is said in eze 25

At the time of jeremiah ancient babylon had expanded to include the land of edom that is why edom is called the daughter of babylon in pslam 137

7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

Lets continue Mystery babylon is spoken of in revelation 18:20

" Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for ? hath avenged you on her."

The united states of america has never killed any apostles.

Mystery babylon is in saudi arabia isaiah 34:8-10

"For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
    And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever."

Notice that the land shall not be “like” burning pitch but shall actually become burning pitch – there is no simile here. This prophecy could only be fulfilled in an oil rich land. The picture painted is literally of a land that turns into a river of burning wells (tunnels) of petroleum.

In the bible a woman is used to symbolize a city or religion babylon being a harlot and also being a city that controls the the kings of the earth there is only one city that is the focus of not only religion but of world wide economics and politics MECCA.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Well this thread was pointless. Lord open the eyes of those who are yours so that they may see and perceive your word! In Jesus name, Amen.
  • zombie
    Well this thread was pointless. Lord open the eyes of those who are yours so that they may see and perceive your word! In Jesus name, Amen.

That's because you had no interest in learning or comparing ideas you only want to propagate your own understanding. Stop being a coward and addess what you feel is wrong with my post I can do the same for yours.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    You totally failed to do what you said you would do. Instead of responding to the premise of the thread, you totally blew it off and went on a tangent.

It useless to discuss the things of ? with a brick wall.

If you want to die in the nuclear firestorm be my guest. I pray the Lord preserve your spirit on the day of redemption.

Amen.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    You totally failed to do what you said you would do. Instead of responding to the premise of the thread, you totally blew it off and went on a tangent.

It useless to discuss the things of ? with a brick wall.

If you want to die in the nuclear firestorm be my guest. I pray the Lord preserve your spirit on the day of redemption.

Amen.

The premise of the thread was we were sussposed to give our reasoning for where we think mystery babylon is located. I did that i used the verses of the bible that describe the physical location of where end times babylon is located. If you want me to explain why your location is wrong i can do that too. What we need is someone who is netural to come in and give their opinion ON OUR POSITIONS.

We might as well do this in this thread because anyplace i see you spreading what i believe to be a false doctrine i will confront you and if you put me on ignore i am still going to do it. The choice is yours show yourself and be approved or stop spreading falsehood.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    ? has given us numerous characteristics that help to identify who Babylon the great is. Here are some of the many characteristics that Babylon must fulfill in order for her to be Babylon the Great. If 1 fails, that candidate must be excluded.

1. Babylon the Great is a young nation. - Jeremiah 50:12

2. Babylon the Great has a mother nation that births her and is till alive at her demise. - Jeremiah 50:12

3. Babylon the Great is the greatest nation of the "end times"...the lone superpower...The glory of Kingdoms. - Isaiah 47:8, Isaiah 13:9; Isaiah 47:5; Isaiah 18:7, Zephaniah 2:15

4. Babylon the Great is a very wealthy nation. - Revelation 18:3, Revelation 18:17; Jeremiah 51:13; Habakkuk 1:16

5. Babylon the Great is a nation with cities and land. - Jeremiah 51:43, Jeremiah 50:12; Habakkuk 1:6;
    Jeremiah 50:32

6. Babylon the Great is a nation that is safe and secure. (ie. Peace and Safety) Isaiah 47:8, Nahum 1:12, Zephaniah 2:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:3

7. Babylon the Great is a nation with great influence in world affairs. - Jeremiah 51:55

8. Babylon the Great is a nation who has a great weaponized space program.- Jeremiah 51:53

9. Babylon the Great is a nation who is a great mixture of people.- Revelation 17:15, Jeremiah 50:37

10. Babylon the Great is a nation who trades all sorts of goods and commodities.- Revelation 18:12

11. Babylon the Great is a nation who's so deep in debt that her creditors finally rise up against her.- Habakkuk 2:6-7

12. Babylon the Great has the mightiest and most powerful military in the world, ? calls her the "hammer of the whole earth". - Jeremiah 50:23

I just listed 12 so far. Now you use whatever resources you have that can pinpoint each and every characteristic to the place that you believe Babylon the Great is. Once you have done your research, i will provide my evidence and then we can let the evidence speak for itself. May ? be glorified and proven true during this process, In Jesus name I pray Amen.

1. There are many nations that are younger than america saudi arabia is one of them
    2.The nation that gave birth to america is no longer in existence america was founded by former subjects of the BRITISH EMPIRE that state no longer exists.
    3. The problem with the verse you gave here is that they refer to the deserst by the sea which isaiah calls babylon the usa does not have a desert by the sea.
    4. There are many wealthy nation in the world today.
    5. every nation has cities and land.
    6. There are many nations that are safe and the usa does not rank the highest amongst them
    7. Many nations have influence in world affairs especially middle eastern ones.
    8. Their is no definitive knowledge on which nation has a weaponized space program
    9. There are many nations with a great mixture of people and america does not lead that list
    10. That can fit many nations all over the world.
    11. There are many nations that are in debt
    12 All of jeremiah 50 is about ancient babylon and not mystery babylon because at the start it says

"The word that the Lord spake against Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans by Jeremiah the prophet.
    Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces."

chaldeans were the people who lived in ancient babylon and bel and merodach were some of the gods they worshiped. DO americans worship these gods? No, therefore jeremiah 50 cannot be speaking about a future babylon. And there is no reason to apply double prophecy here because the text does not indicate it.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I know is that the only way into the eternal kingdom of ? is through his son Jesus Christ.

If you know that, then it doesn't matter who, where or what Babylon is because it dies in time.

The bible is a book of relationships and how to conduct ourselves in a Christlike manner but there so many soothsayers that turn our minds away from Christ and focus on what's not Christ.

Time comes and goes like the dust in the wind but ? 's word is the wind that last forever.

Racism is still eminent and there are so many Caucasian pastors perverting Christ name to promote a whitewashed society. Racism is a form of fear and there is no fear in the kingdom of Christ. Yet they burn crosses and promote ignorance like this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S04wsZfmzHc

We do not know what Babylon the great is but we share the mentality of this nation all over the world and it must be destroyed.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    some_? ! wrote: »
    The only thing I know is that the only way into the eternal kingdom of ? is through his son Jesus Christ.

If you know that, then it doesn't matter who, where or what Babylon is because it dies in time.

The bible is a book of relationships and how to conduct ourselves in a Christlike manner but there so many soothsayers that turn our minds away from Christ and focus on what's not Christ.

Time comes and goes like the dust in the wind but ? 's word is the wind that last forever.

Racism is still eminent and there are so many Caucasian pastors perverting Christ name to promote a whitewashed society. Racism is a form of fear and there is no fear in the kingdom of Christ. Yet they burn crosses and promote ignorance like this:

We do not know what Babylon the great is but we share the mentality of this nation all over the world and it must be destroyed.

You are correct but the word of ? says to seek wisdom so when we have these debates it's to sharpen our wisdom and knowledge in the faith. Steel sharpens steel.
  • BangEm_Bart
    zombie wrote: »

You are correct but the word of ? says to seek wisdom so when we have these debates it's to sharpen our wisdom and knowledge in the faith. Steel sharpens steel.

Can you point that scripture out for me.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014

PROVERBS 4:7

The beginning of widsom is this: GET WISDOM, through it cost you all you have seek understanding.

Proverbs 27:17

as iron sharpens iron so one person sharpens another.
  • BangEm_Bart

The beginning of widsom is this: GET WISDOM, through it cost you all you have seek understanding.

With scripture, I usually try to read before and after to get better understanding of the verse but from what I've picked up, its stating to get wisdom from ? but it's symbolic because it's stating the nurture of a mother like the nurture from ? . We can't get wisdom from our own understanding nor man and that's why Solomon was one of the wisest people on earth because he chose to ask for wisdom over riches but with wisdom, he obtained all the riches of earth. Good verse too.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

You are right my friend, at the end of the day the only thing that matters is if you have trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. That's it and that is all.

But if we read the scriptures, ? wants all those who love Him to be watching and praying so that the day of the LORD does not overtake us as a thief in the night.

The Context is the signs of the end times

"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:34-36

That was Jesus speaking, Now check out what the Holy Spirit said through the Apostel Paul concerning the Day of the Lord aka the end times.

"Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober."
    1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

So we see that the Day of the LORD will not come as a thief in the night if we:

1) Watch
    2) Pray
    3) Are children of light
    4) Stay awake (watch)
    5) Are sober (having a sound mind)

You mentioned Solomon in the post above mine, well check out what he had to say about being watchful:

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished." Proverbs 27:12

Solomon was so adamant about this principle that the Holy Spirit made him repeat the same verse here:

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished." Proverbs 22:3

? is speaking my friends and the signs are all around that this is the end. I see the evil day coming because ? has revealed truth to me! And because I see it coming, I am abiding under the shadow of the Almighty by being obedient to Him. es, the only thing that matters is if you know Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior. But if you call Him Lord, you will do as He says.

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:47

Jesus goes on to contrast those who do what He says and those who don't by giving the illustration of building a house on solid rock or on sand. Those who listen build upon a sure foundation and when the storm comes (the great tribulation) they will be protected, but those who build upon sand (meaning the don't listen) will be caught unawares when the day of the Lord comes because they failed to listen to ? .

But everything is playing out like it always has. There is truly nothing new done under the sun. All you have to do is read the Bible, especially the Old Testament to see that when judgment is pronounced only a few believe and are spared, the majority perish because they refused to take heed to the warning.

I just refuse to be caught with my pants down. And I am proclaiming the message that ? has given me. The end is coming soon, and I mean soon! But Praise ? because that means Jesus is finally coming to right all the wrongs! Hallelujah! Amen.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Jesus will establish new laws, the old laws of Babylon are corrupted.
  • zombie

With scripture, I usually try to read before and after to get better understanding of the verse but from what I've picked up, its stating to get wisdom from ? but it's symbolic because it's stating the nurture of a mother like the nurture from ? . We can't get wisdom from our own understanding nor man and that's why Solomon was one of the wisest people on earth because he chose to ask for wisdom over riches but with wisdom, he obtained all the riches of earth. Good verse too.

There are many passages all over the bible that tell us to get wisdom knowledge and understanding of all sorts but wisdom from and of ? is of supreme value.
  • BangEm_Bart

There are many passages all over the bible that tell us to get wisdom knowledge and understanding of all sorts but wisdom from and of ? is of supreme value.

Definitely ask for discernment in the knowledge that is given to you. Adam and eve were expelled from the garden for seeking false knowledge and there are many false prophets today who continue to bear false fruit and advertise it to naysayers.