Lance Stephenson

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    He's basically Tyreke Evans to me. Great size, strong handle, can create in isolations, good defenders but ball-dominant as hell and can stagnate an offense. Only difference is Lance is just more enigmatic.

You could have just described Dwayne Wade. What seperates players is the confidence the player has and the confidence others have in him

You hear people say 'such n such is xyz with heart/confidence' all the time, so if u ask me Tyreke Evans with heart AND a J is a potential star

• S2J
    Options
    Yea forgot about that...Tyreke is no outside threat. Lance is. That difference makes their comparison apples and oranges
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    He has heart.
    He has talent.
    He has the I.Q. of Roy Hibbert's playoff scoring average.

With that said. He is still young. Immaturity is part of the growth process. How he responds to this playoffs performance (good & bad) this off season is on him. He can learn from his mistakes and improve on his play or slide further down the road of fuckery. Only with a lot more money in his pockets. Now as far as where he should go. Indy would be a fool to let him go IMO. That team has no heart. If Evan Turner is his replacement than they are in for a rude awakening. The Hornets are a good look IMO. They need a person that can create their own shot and Lance can play defense which the Hornets do. I am mad at myself for typing all these words about Lance ? Stephenson tho.

Indy is gettin rid of him. I think his antics made sure of that. Yeah it's a lil immature, but this kinda thing is NOTHIN new durin NBA playoffs. Rodman was the king of gettin under ? skins.

Hell we'll take him. The Bulls need that kinda heart.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heart?

His game or lack of during this post season is concern.

I didn't see no heart after the first quarter on.

All I seen and heard was child's play.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Any team that signs him to a max deal worth anything more than $70 million needs to fire their GM.

That dude should get money, but a 5-year $65 mil deal TOPS is what he's worth, being as though you can't build your franchise around him. However, he'd be one of the highest paid #2 men in the NBA, and that sounds about right.

I can definitely see in him in either Chi-Town or NY, pending what happens with Melo. I wouldn't even be mad to see in Philly. They certainly got the money to pay him.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk i can see him at bout an 17 7 nd 5 guy im not sure he'll bring a scorin punch every night which is wat u have to do to be a superstar. But his career can go like Ricky Davis' a few good years but not really playin on a winner or he can go to Charlotte or Atlanta to be a nice complimentary piece, i highly doubt hes back in Indy tho
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    He's basically Tyreke Evans to me. Great size, strong handle, can create in isolations, good defenders but ball-dominant as hell and can stagnate an offense. Only difference is Lance is just more enigmatic.

You could have just described Dwayne Wade. What seperates players is the confidence the player has and the confidence others have in him

You hear people say 'such n such is xyz with heart/confidence' all the time, so if u ask me Tyreke Evans with heart AND a J is a potential star

Wade doesn't need isolation to score, a lot of his buckets come from cutting and posting up. Plus he's a much better defender than both of em.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hibbert trade value is sooooooo low....can't trade him

You definately can't trade stephenson.... his ceiling is high.....pacers are in sum deep ?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I'm glad a lot of y'all ain't scouts or GMs

Superstar no he'll never reach that but he has potential to be a really good player.

Its not just the team he needs the right coach who can tame him.

You don't get 5 triple doubles on some fluke ?

he can avg 18 7 and 5
    He just needs to mature. He has a childish mentality but he has heart and he is aggressive he just needs to learn when to act in it.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

You definately can't trade stephenson.... his ceiling is high.....pacers are in sum deep ?

Take a break

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyreke Evans a gap toothed ? who is the most forgotten player after winning ROY in recent memory..

Lance avg 17,6, and 6 sounds about right though
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

Take a break

From what @itsjohnb
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ? confusing heart with recklessness. They're not the same thing. A player like Udonis Haslem has heart. Lance is just reckless and don't know how to control himself at times.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has heart.. He didn't back down or ? up against Lebron. He took on the challenge. During the whole series he was the only one constantly hustling and competing and bringing energy. Yall mad because he didn't respect Lebron enough. ? that I'm going at him. Paul George was all passive not wanting to disrespect Lebron. Lance didn't. He did everything to gain a edge. No one talks about the elbows Lebron was throwing. The kid is a star. The right coach will work wonders with him.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has heart.. He didn't back down or ? up against Lebron. He took on the challenge. During the whole series he was the only one constantly hustling and competing and bringing energy. Yall mad because he didn't respect Lebron enough. ? that I'm going at him. Paul George was all passive not wanting to disrespect Lebron. Lance didn't. He did everything to gain a edge. No one talks about the elbows Lebron was throwing. The kid is a star. The right coach will work wonders with him.

Wrong.

dude played hard game 1 and 1st quarter of Game 6.

All those other games he looked lost and heart broken on the court.

? what you talking bout.

LBJ snatched his heart game 2 3 4 and 5.
  • S2J
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Tyreke Evans a gap toothed ? who is the most forgotten player after winning ROY in recent memory..

Lance avg 17,6, and 6 sounds about right though

Literally LOL HAHAHAHAAA
  • S2J
    Options
    Just stumbled onto this

6EkOdiU.png

Soooo Marcus Thornton and Rodney Stuckey are making 8 mill/yr...

U crazy if u dont think Stephenson is gon make bank AND that he's a good investment.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no ones mad, ? just did stupid ass ? and lebron buss his ass n/h. ? is a damn clown. u say constantly hustling and competing, yall forgot about not showing up for quarters in a row, constant ball stopping so pg and west cant get the ball, floppin like a fish outta water and having his teammates have to pick his ? up, talkin bout he in lebron head then gettin locked the ? down, lol @ elbows lebron was throwin, if lance really had heart like yall say that ? wouldnt matter. the right coach might work for bruh, but superstar..ehh.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Wrong.

dude played hard game 1 and 1st quarter of Game 6.

All those other games he looked lost and heart broken on the court.

? what you talking bout.

LBJ snatched his heart game 2 3 4 and 5.

Bruh you must be a Lebron groupie. Dude was the only one playing with energy and heart. Everyone seen that much. It's cool if you don't like dude but don't be bias. Mark Jackson said it numerous times that Lance was the only one playing with energy and heart. Paul George didn't show up to game 5 in the 4th quarter.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol he got locked up by Norris Cole.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? sayin he can be a superstar, booooyyy i wish i could see what yall see. ? ion even think bruh nice as tyreke evans tbh

i was thinking he was a poor mans tyreke
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yall ? sayin he can be a superstar, booooyyy i wish i could see what yall see. ? ion even think bruh nice as tyreke evans tbh

i was thinking he was a poor mans tyreke

But Lance has a J!!! Lol Tyreke with a J and intensity (rather than that gap-toothed laziness) would be a star, so what yall sayin??
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options

no ones mad, ? just did stupid ass ? and lebron buss his ass n/h. ? is a damn clown. u say constantly hustling and competing, yall forgot about not showing up for quarters in a row, constant ball stopping so pg and west cant get the ball, floppin like a fish outta water and having his teammates have to pick his ? up, talkin bout he in lebron head then gettin locked the ? down, lol @ elbows lebron was throwin, if lance really had heart like yall say that ? wouldnt matter. the right coach might work for bruh, but superstar..ehh.

Thats a testament to Indy's structure. Quick, name me Indy's top 4 offensive priorities, in order.

You cant.

PG is the first option. But he's timid. Then it's...uhhh, David West?? He's an immoblie forward. Either he shoot sthat J, or takes 5 seconds on a backdown. then Hibbert, oh no wait he disappeared, then its Stephenson, but do we want him to score or to facilitate, since our starting "point guard" is not a point guard.

Lance was the only person on that team that can get ? goin outside the box wise, in a half court set. Lance in a situation where his role is clearly defined would flourish.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tyreke played well in stretches off the bench last year, and i doubt hibbert was a priority ahead of stevenson, even tho im sure he wanted to be.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said Detroit should do a sign and trade Stuckey for Lance. Idk if he Stan Van type of player tho. But I think Stuckey is a dope player, Detroit holding him back because we don't know what to do with him. But I digress.

OKC got two 1st rd draft picks maybe they could send one to Indy for him. But who knows if they could coexist on the court. But just from the aspect of a Lance skill set he would fit well.

Dark horse are the Pelicans or Suns. Don't ask me why.