The Case For Reparations.......

2»

Comments

• Shawn_Michaels
    Shawn_Michaels Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Yea....
    You sure love that mulatto ? chick but watch her be your downfall. ? love to wag their tail to their downfalls. Hence why I do support @zombie being against racial mixing you create your own enemies from your own blood who will affect your darker skin family members. That's why you're considered a sell out.
  • Shawn_Michaels
    Yea....
    But yes it shouldn't be monetary but rebuilding our communities and tax free and education and businesses. From economics to housing and allowing ourselves to clean up our ? poor image globally and establish trade with Africa and build wealth off America for their thieving and detrimental ways.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    America has NEVER properly made amends for her atrocities and wants to be the moral authority of the world. It's like being ? and putting on a new suit. You look good on the surface, but underneath you're still foul and the stench needs to be cleansed. Big companies (many still in existence today) made money off the slave trade and insurance policies and never righted their wrong. People who've suffered far less and for a far shorter period of time have received something. It's not really about the money, but the accountability aspect.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be real here. What would reparations look like in 2014?

A cash deposit isn't going to help most people. I think our biggest problem is education and culture.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E
    LPast wrote: »
    Let's be real here. What would reparations look like in 2014?

A cash deposit isn't going to help most people. I think our biggest problem is education and culture.

But an 'education' at Harvard is worth more than an 'education' at FAMU in most aspects. HBCU got us started, but are still lacking and far behind 'traditional' institutes.
  • Shawn_Michaels
    Yea....
    Look at my post bruh
  • Avenue Crazy
    Avenue Crazy Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? can't even get an apology from the United States government for slavery
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? can't even get an apology from the United States government for slavery

July 30th 2008
    On Tuesday, the U.S. House of Representatives issued an unprecedented apology to black Americans for the institution of slavery, and the subsequent Jim Crow laws that for years discriminated against blacks as second-class citizens in American society.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93059465

It meant nothing and did nothing for anyone.