White media caped for Larry Bird LLS

Options
2»

Comments

• fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wha? Im not throwin shade just pointing out that he got away with something that a black player wouldn't. That's a fact.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    30 years later they still feel the need to gush over their lord savior:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/06/you_know_who_didnt_cramp_in_extreme_heat_larry_bird.html

"You Know Who Didn't Cramp in Extreme Heat? Larry Bird" Dumb comparison
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So we going to act like Charles Barkley didn't throw a man through a window and come out of that with little to no bad repercussions.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Legend was a real ?
    So is beiber, sterling, and mark cuban
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Legend... breakin hearts and chins
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has nothing to do with race, it's just the time period when social media wasn't running people's lives:

MJ had a huge gambling problem and was caught cheating on his wife.
    Barkley had/has a huge gambling problem.
    Dr. J doesn't give two ? about his kids either.
    Magic was obviously ? anything that looked at him.

Didn't ruin their images either, as they all still have analyst jobs/endorsements.
  • fightforolddc
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Dope articles on Bird i came across from before he was a Celtic:

http://books.google.com/books?id=_pIH7oj3ZHcC&printsec=frontcover&dq=isbn:1582610088&hl=en&sa=X&ei=AViYU-i0O_KzsQTu3IHwBg&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Can't hate he sounds real as ? dating back to even his younger days. With a pro contract on the table he was still going to his hood to drive a trash truck. These cats today aren't built like that, I really wish he was black lol
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bird was gully
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Has nothing to do with race, it's just the time period when social media wasn't running people's lives:

MJ had a huge gambling problem and was caught cheating on his wife.
    Barkley had/has a huge gambling problem.
    Dr. J doesn't give two ? about his kids either.
    Magic was obviously ? anything that looked at him.

Didn't ruin their images either, as they all still have analyst jobs/endorsements.

In fact 90% of athletes ? anything, not just the ones getting caught, or catching ? cases, or diseases. It's a man's nature.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zk4m0i.jpg

Dr. J had be sooo tight. Bird was 17 for 23 in just 30 minutes lol

Bet Bird got a bit cocky and Erving had no choice but to sleep him

Yuck Lol smh Thats just nasty...I aint even gon lie, i need to go back and watch more Bird vids.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold on tho yall exagerating the level in which MJ got away w/ stuff tho

It only seems like MJ got away w/ ? b/c we now know dude was a humongous ? . Lol But AT THE TIME many stories trickled out.

-Jordan's gambling problems
    -His ties to felons and dudes who got murdered (google Slim Bouler and Eddie Dow)
    -His mistres, Karla Knafel (I was a kid and even i knew this name, it was a shock to think MJ had a mistress. How naive. Lol)
    -They killed him in the press when he was out gambling before that Knicks playoffs game.

And now that i think about it, how do you think we even KNOW about his gambling problem??? LOL Duh. They reported it.

Do some research. Google Jordan, gambling, mob, etc and you'll get a shytload of articles from 92-94.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The backlash wasn't the same as it would be today. Tiger woods wouldn't have went thru all that in the 80s
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic was saying they wanted to fight Larry because he was lighting they ass up and talking ? at the same time, and one particular shot he hit a 3 near the Lakers bench and ran down the court eyeballing the whole squad with NF'sG!
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry *no ? given *Bird

They was telling a lil story on first take about his trash talking how he would tell dudes they wasnt ? and how many points he was bout to drop lol I probably would a socked him to
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    The backlash wasn't the same as it would be today. Tiger woods wouldn't have went thru all that in the 80s

Part of the Tiger Woods ? is based on perception if race. White people didn't like him cuz he was black, and some blacks didn't like him cuz he never really claimed him, then ignorant people didn't like the fact he didn't "talk" or "acted" like a stereotype to his skin color.

Athletes everyday cheat on their wivew as much or more than Tiger, but none of them were as great or as seemingly cookie cutter clean as Tiger. It allowed the people I mentioned in the previous paragraph, to overkill the story cuz they finally had something to ? on him on.

In closing, us human beings ain't ? .
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all know in the sports world black is wack
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    Magic was saying they wanted to fight Larry because he was lighting they ass up and talking ? at the same time, and one particular shot he hit a 3 near the Lakers bench and ran down the court eyeballing the whole squad with NF'sG!

Sometime after i post this I saw a vid of him against Moses Malone in the NBA finals. He got like 3 offensive rebounds in a row and put in the winning hoop. If someone could find that clip ... boy had no vert at all yet was outrebounding the entire ? Houston team couped right up under the basket with him. Looked like he said something slick afterward too.
  • king hassan
    Options

Sometime after i post this I saw a vid of him against Moses Malone in the NBA finals. He got like 3 offensive rebounds in a row and put in the winning hoop. If someone could find that clip ... boy had no vert at all yet was outrebounding the entire ? Houston team couped right up under the basket with him. Looked like he said something slick afterward too.

That goes to show you, you don't need athleticism to get rebounds, it's all about positioning, and Mo Malone was a beast on the boards
  • king hassan
    Options
    zk4m0i.jpg

Dr. J had be sooo tight. Bird was 17 for 23 in just 30 minutes lol

Bet Bird got a bit cocky and Erving had no choice but to sleep him

He only missed 6 shots, damn!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Hold on tho yall exagerating the level in which MJ got away w/ stuff tho

It only seems like MJ got away w/ ? b/c we now know dude was a humongous ? . Lol But AT THE TIME many stories trickled out.

-Jordan's gambling problems
    -His ties to felons and dudes who got murdered (google Slim Bouler and Eddie Dow)
    -His mistres, Karla Knafel (I was a kid and even i knew this name, it was a shock to think MJ had a mistress. How naive. Lol)
    -They killed him in the press when he was out gambling before that Knicks playoffs game.

And now that i think about it, how do you think we even KNOW about his gambling problem??? LOL Duh. They reported it.

Do some research. Google Jordan, gambling, mob, etc and you'll get a shytload of articles from 92-94.

Come on man, Jordan's popularity went down may a percentage point as a result of all that ? combined. Athletes today get caught doing any one of those and they have to basically rehabilitate their image from the ground up.