Soooo.... Nobody Mentioning how McCants out here snitching on UNC?

Options
13»

Comments

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It just seems convenient that he comes forward now that he's writing a book when this whole scandal has been in the news since 2010. Why wait 3+ years?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11157920/ncaa-reopens-investigation-academic-scandal-north-carolina
    NCAA again investigating UNC

The NCAA has reopened its investigation into the academic scandal that has rocked North Carolina over the past three years.

"The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, was cited by the Division I Committee on Infractions in 2012 for violations in its athletics program, including academic misconduct," the NCAA said in a statement. "As with any case, the NCAA enforcement staff makes clear it will revisit the matter if additional information becomes available. After determining that additional people with information and others who were previously uncooperative might be willing to speak with the enforcement staff, the NCAA has reopened its investigation.

"The enforcement staff is exploring this new information to ensure an exhaustive investigation is conducted based on all available information. The NCAA will not comment further to protect the integrity of the investigation."

In 2012, the NCAA sanctioned the North Carolina football program with a postseason ban and scholarship losses after finding impermissible benefits and academic fraud under then-coach Butch Davis.

Since 2011, the university has conducted several reviews related to the academics scandal and provided the NCAA with updates. North Carolina announced in 2012 that it had found problems with 54 AFAM classes taught from summer 2007 to summer 2011, including grade changes, forged faculty signatures on grade rolls and limited or no class time.

North Carolina forwarded the results of that investigation to the NCAA, which ruled the university did not break any rules related to the AFAM scandal.

In February, the university hired former federal prosecutor Kenneth Wainstein to conduct an independent investigation and instructed him to share relevant information directly with the NCAA.

Former faculty member Julius Nyang'oro is on trial for felony criminal fraud as a result of the scandal, though the judge in his case is considering dropping the charges because he has been cooperating with the Wainstein investigation.

Earlier this month, former North Carolina basketball player Rashad McCants made headlines when he alleged academic fraud to "Outside the Lines," saying he had papers written for him and that no-show classes helped keep him eligible. A copy of his transcript obtained by "Outside the Lines" showed that in his African-American Studies classes he had 10 A's, six B's, one C and one D. In his other classes, McCants got six C's, one D and three F's.

McCants played on the 2004-05 national championship team.

North Carolina coach Roy Williams denied the charges, telling ESPN he was in "shock" and "disbelief" over the allegations. However, the Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer reported that McCants was not the only member of the 2005 team who was enrolled in no-show classes to stay eligible.

The newspaper gathered data that showed "five members of that team ... accounted for a combined 39 enrollments in classes that have been identified as confirmed or suspected lecture classes that never met."

In the wake of the scandal, the university has instituted several academic reforms based on findings from earlier reports.

"We remain committed to learning from our past so that we can move forward to building a stronger university," athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in a statement.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like a desperate plea to stay relevant. On a unrelated note dude has an extremely unattractive sister who also played for UNC...looks like the inspiration for Juwanna Mann.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seems like a desperate plea to stay relevant. On a unrelated note dude has an extremely unattractive sister who also played for UNC...looks like the inspiration for Juwanna Mann.

rashanda.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? really upset about ncaa corruption being exposed?
    ? the ncaa and all the schools for making millions off these ? . He got pushed through to win them a chip and make millions for them and himself at no cost to the school. In hindsight he sees its ? up and blew a whistle on it. Whats the problem?
    You know how many former nba players are broke and homeless? This is why.
    These ? stay stupid and dont know how to manage money because no one bothered to educate em along the way
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Only reason he's saying this is because he's broke now and trying to get paid for his upcoming book and interviews. If this ? ? had such a problem why didn't he speak up when he was at UNC, or tell his "tutors" to get lost and actually do the work himself. Oh that's right because the idiot didn't care about academics back then, just cared about making the NBA.

He made the nba and didn't do ? ......
    He's probably spent most of the $$$$ he made...
    he ? khloe Kardashian during his time in the league....hats off to him on that

So an ugly Kardashian girl gives you props? Stop watching reality TV.

nycest_1 wrote: »
    ? the ncaa and all the schools for making millions off these ? . He got pushed through to win them a chip and make millions for them and himself at no cost to the school. In hindsight he sees its ? up and blew a whistle on it. Whats the problem?
    These ? stay stupid and dont know how to manage money because no one bothered to educate em along the way

Co-sign. But the most interesting man in the world sure does drink some ? ass beer whenever he drinks a beer.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Only reason he's saying this is because he's broke now and trying to get paid for his upcoming book and interviews. If this ? ? had such a problem why didn't he speak up when he was at UNC, or tell his "tutors" to get lost and actually do the work himself. Oh that's right because the idiot didn't care about academics back then, just cared about making the NBA.

He made the nba and didn't do ? ......
    He's probably spent most of the $$$$ he made...
    he ? khloe Kardashian during his time in the league....hats off to him on that

So an ugly Kardashian girl gives you props? Stop watching reality TV.

I think so......she's a celeb and he smashed.....that's a win
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a kardashian is an accomplishment ??
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

It was all good when he benefited from it.

Now that he's not and his career is ? it's a problem.

College don't teach ? how to keep money. That's something you develop early.

? the NCAA but ? him too.

If he didn't know what he was doing was "wrong" at that age, he was bound to fail at life.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But you can't ? a Kardashian though but its the IC were every ? ? perfect 10 dime hoes.
  • zerocool
    Options

That's a powerful family....? one of the daughters.....you become famous
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

But you can't ? a Kardashian though but its the IC were every ? ? perfect 10 dime hoes.

I'm cool on industry ? that's all u champ
  • zerocool
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

I'm cool on industry ? that's all u champ

You won't ? Khloe?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't ? with no snitches, so don't tell me who tellin
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    I don't ? with no snitches, so don't tell me who tellin

but your avitar is a wrestling game so don't tell me your over 18
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    si.com/college-basketball/2014/07/08/unc-basketball-rashad-mccants-310-million-coming-ncaa-0
    Rashad McCants says he has $310 million coming from UNC and NCAA - College Basketball - SI.com

Appearing on national radio last week, former North Carolina basketball player Rashad McCants was unclear when asked if he plans to meet with school officials after he accused the university of academic misconduct. He repeated that if people don't believe him, the investigators should look at other UNC athletes’ transcripts.

McCants was a guest on SiriusXM Radio and said that compensation is coming his way because he received a less-than-stellar education. He told ESPN last month that he barely went to class, tutors wrote his term papers and that he took bogus classes in order to stay eligible.

"The question is what are we talking about, honestly. I mean I have a check being written to me from the University of North Carolina for over $10 million due to the exploitation of me as a player and the lack of education that I received," McCants said, via the Charlotte Observer. "The NCAA has a check for me for over $300 million to help me facilitate these sports education programs across the country. These are things that’s in the works.”

The NCAA announced in June they have reopened academic fraud investigation into North Carolina due to "additional people with information and others who were previously uncooperative might be willing to speak with the enforcement staff."