Options
    lol

They crazy for that.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol

They crazy for that.

You goin ? Supergirl off by bumping this thread. She was trying her damndest to bury it. lol
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get it...

I could pick up my controller now, and imagine I'm playing a game...

Wtf is this ? ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's satire. They are making fun of the way Sony is pushing VR.
  • focus
    Options

Seems more directed at the continuing "PS4 has no games" meme, which E3 did not help.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Seems more directed at the continuing "PS4 has no games" meme, which E3 did not help.

I think there is some of that too. But the fake Sony rep is clearly imitating the real Sony reps that are out there promoting the Morpheus. I think it's fair to say the joke centers around how Sony keeps claiming its focused on games, but then spends so much time pushing other things (e.g., Morpheus and Playstation TV).
  • focus
    Options
    I don't think Morpheus has anything to do with it. If they wanted to satire VR the much more obvious and relevant option would be Oculus and Facebook.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at these Americans trying to understand satire. Cute.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I don't think Morpheus has anything to do with it. If they wanted to satire VR the much more obvious and relevant option would be Oculus and Facebook.

I know you want to interpret it in a way that makes Sony and the PS4 look the worst, but you'd have to be blind to not see the connection to the Morpheus. In the piece, they are supposedly introducing the IntraPlay, which represents the future of gaming. That's currently the tagline being used to promote the Morpheus. They focus on how the IntraPlay offers an "unprecedented level of gameplay immersion." Once again, that's one of the common statements being used to promote the Morpheus. They end it by talking about the disorientation and discomfort that can come along with using the IntraPlay. Which is one of the biggest criticisms of VR in general and a hot button issue being addressed for the Morpheus. The whole thing is a spoof of Sony's market strategy for the Morpheus. It's not even subtle. It should be obvious to anyone who isn't biased.
  • focus
    edited June 2014
    Options

I know you want to interpret it in a way that makes Sony and the PS4 look the worst, but you'd have to be blind to not see the connection to the Morpheus. In the piece, they are supposedly introducing the IntraPlay, which represents the future of gaming. That's currently the tagline being used to promote the Morpheus. They focus on how the IntraPlay offers an "unprecedented level of gameplay immersion." Once again, that's one of the common statements being used to promote the Morpheus. They end it by talking about the disorientation and discomfort that can come along with using the IntraPlay. Which is one of the biggest criticisms of VR in general and a hot button issue being addressed for the Morpheus. The whole thing is a spoof of Sony's market strategy for the Morpheus. It's not even subtle. It should be obvious to anyone who isn't biased.

Its not that deep. They define exactly what they mean in the first 15 seconds of the video.

"Sony representatives at this weeks E3 unveiled their latest update for the PS4. A feature called 'Intraplay' that allows gamers to close their eyes and imagine they are playing a really fun game".

If the PS4 already had "really fun games", the joke wouldn't work.

Your cape is showing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited June 2014
    Options
    lol Whatever you say buddy. If that's what you want to believe, go for it.