Forbes Reports Michael Jordan Is The First U.S. Professional Athlete To Become A Billionaire!

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Jordan still the GOAT basketball player.

This guy would like a word about that....

kareem-med.jpg

Longevity not impact. HELL NO!
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014

kareem-med.jpg

Don't do this. We tried this once in the Cheap Seats. ALOT of Space Jammers got their souls roasted in ether...and facts.

Don't be the next one on the IC screen, ? .

Jordan is the most BELOVED player in NBA history. There's a difference. Let's just agree to keep it there.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

kareem-med.jpg

Don't do this. We tried this once in the Cheap Seats. ALOT of Space Jammers got their souls roasted in ether...and facts.

Jordan is the most BELOVED player in NBA history. There's a difference. Let's just agree to keep it there.

? Please.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike you're welcome.

Chicago-Bulls-Michael-Jordan-Last-Shot-Game-Six-vs-Utah-Jazz.gif

Til this day, that ? Russell STILL hurt by that shot. Lol
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike you're welcome.

Chicago-Bulls-Michael-Jordan-Last-Shot-Game-Six-vs-Utah-Jazz.gif

Til this day, that ? Russell STILL hurt by that shot. Lol

I would be too if a nig pushed me off and refs just let that ? rock for the Chip.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and just like every other billionare his money is bathed in the blood of child labor, death and chaos.

with.... a lil bit of hard work on his part...

Well damn
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    I swear on my heart and soul I will be worth $1 billion dollars one day. I put that on everything.

I have to say he's an inspiration most definitely. Even after his ex-wife took all half his money he still rebounded back to billionaire status. That's what's up.

Juanita only got approximately a fourth of his fortune ($168), but I see your point.

I hope u do reach a Bill. Even if u don't, we need more black men with that mind set/work ethic. *Salute*

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and just like every other billionare his money is bathed in the blood of child labor, death and chaos.

with.... a lil bit of hard work on his part...
    Correct me if I'm wrong ,but I don't think this apply to Mark Zuckerberg.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Donald Sterling
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Tiger Woods dont count?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought magic was a billionaire 2 tho...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear on my heart and soul I will be worth $1 billion dollars one day. I put that on everything.

I have to say he's an inspiration most definitely. Even after his ex-wife took all half his money he still rebounded back to billionaire status. That's what's up.

What do you do that reaching a Billie is even a goal of yours? I'm not knocking it. I'm just curious. Becoming a millionaire isn't as hard as people think. In fact anyone who works steadily through their adult life and consistently puts money into retirement has a good chance of being a millionaire one day. But a billion is some next level ? . To even be thinking about that, you have to be doing something real big.
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Even after Juanita took all of his McDonald's and space jam money..he still here

giphy.gif

is he the first black man to stay winning after divorce?

also noticed they did this analysis for jordan but not for dre - all i saw was them downplaying his net worth

shoutout @sion for calling the dre deal tho - i honestly thought diddy or magic Johnson had next as black billionaire
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Jordan still dont care about black ppl
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Jordan still dont care about black ppl

Yes, he does. If it weren't for all the black people being silly and spending all their money on his shoes, he wouldn't be a billionaire.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i see why his new wife forcing that ? to impregnate her
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

kareem-med.jpg

I wouldnt even say that. Maybe because of the $$ he's brought in. But actually loved? Id say Magic Johnson.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he got a pre nup w the new chick either but shout out to the GOAT tho... It's very seldom u see a brother at the top of his field reap the benefits financially as well
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014

kareem-med.jpg

Lol @ dukes arrogance.Explain how Kareem is better cuz I must of missed this part.I guarantee any reason will be cuz of longevity

Was kareem more clutch? Did kareem dominate the finals and playoffs like mike? Was kareem a better defender? Was kareem a better overall player? Did kareem influence a generation of players like mike? Was Mike ever the 2nd best player on championship teams like kareem? Could the bulls win a close out game of the finals without mike like the lakers did without kareem?
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

kareem-med.jpg

Lol @ dukes arrogance.Explain how Kareem is better cuz I must of missed this part.I guarantee any reason will be cuz of longevity

Was kareem more clutch? Did kareem dominate the finals and playoffs like mike? Was kareem a better defender? Was kareem a better overall player? Did kareem influence a generation of players like mike? Was Mike ever the 2nd best player on championship teams like kareem? Could the bulls win a close out game of the finals without mike like the lakers did without kareem?

Also add that Kareem got outplayed by Dave Cowens (one of the most underrated Centers of alltime) in game 7 of the Finals in 74'
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the cash flow is for the average, or did the Bucks and Clippers deal just ? up the fair market value of everything else.

I know NFL teams basically print money because of the national tv deal.

Someone said Tiger, true he was making $100m a year at one point but a lot of that is cash. Tax is a ? . If you wanna do something big, better have equity. Look at Lebron getting $30m from Beats deal. You can see 50cent, David wright if you want more examples.

Salute MJ.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But i'd be asking for More from Nike .

$75 Million out of $2 Billion revenue from their Partnership is Hella Small from the Success Him & Tinker hatfield has brought to the Company .

Don't look at the front end look at the back end. What he retains in equity is worth far more than the $75 mil he takes in. When the day comes when someone offers you a check versus points - take the points (equity opportunities), you'll thank me later.

True statement for even people who work 9-5. If you working at a listed company, take advantage of the inside knowledge and buy some stocks if the company is moving in the right direction. One of my biggest investment mistake was not buying and to think it had a nice yield on its dividend too. Live and learn