Destiny: The Taken King

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    U have to buy it on the PlayStation store to get the beta right? ? digital games. Watchdog taught me that

No, you can pre-order at Gamestop and get in the beta. If you pre-order period, you'll be be the beta.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where I go for this? Just got my ps4

I dunno ...... I just turned on my PS4 on Friday and got a Notification saying I've been invited. So just clicked and accepted the code and started the download
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    U have to buy it on the PlayStation store to get the beta right? ? digital games. Watchdog taught me that

No, you can pre-order at Gamestop and get in the beta. If you pre-order period, you'll be be the beta.

Good im not trying to get this on digital. Ill prolly slide thru gamestop and pre order it today
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected just double check your receipt to make sure you get the code; I have to go back cause the kid forgot when I picked up Watch_Dogs
  • achewon87
    Just jumped into ths crucible...

Shocked I am still even able to play...
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Just jumped into ths crucible...

Shocked I am still even able to play...

The Alpha got extended. About to jump in.
  • satyrone
    damn for real??? how long is it extended too?? may try and jump on later when i get home
  • Michael_Malice
    satyrone wrote: »
    damn for real??? how long is it extended too?? may try and jump on later when i get home

Bungie didn't say how long they just said it was extended on Twitter.
  • funkdocdamc
    Alpha extended, they have new baddies that you can't even ? in some of the areas now, that's why they said play at your own risk. First day cop for me.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is beta coming to Xbox ?
  • satyrone
    Alpha extended, they have new baddies that you can't even ? in some of the areas now, that's why they said play at your own risk. First day cop for me.

yea i encounter one of these guys yesterday he had question marks next to their name and ? so i was like ? that ? . i even shot 2 rockets at them and nothing. i gon on my hoverbike and dipped out. lol

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is beta coming to Xbox ?

July 21

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't have to pay taxes buying games off the PlayStation store though.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    Is beta coming to Xbox ?

July 21

Left thumb stick on my PS4 controller is coming apart lol apparently its a known issue
  • achewon87
    Did anyone try the huge public event they decided to do last night during Game of Thrones finale...

@funkdocdamc you pretty much did all of the killing that last round lol...
  • funkdocdamc
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Did anyone try the huge public event they decided to do last night during Game of Thrones finale...

@funkdocdamc you pretty much did all of the killing that last round lol...

What was it because I've been in a couple of them. We pretty much ran thru Devil's Lair in no time.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats a baddies?
  • funkdocdamc
    Whats a baddies?
    LOL enemies
  • achewon87
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destiny Info Blowout: $150 Ghost Edition Revealed, Two Expansion Packs Announced, Beta Details for X

Struggling to recover from the long weekend? Here's some news to liven things up. Activision today announced a host of details for this September's first-person shooter Destiny, the latest project from the creators of the esteemed Halo franchise.

First up are details about the game's beta, which we already knew would kick off on July 17 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Now we know you'll be able to start playing at 10 a.m. PDT. We also now know that the Destiny beta will be available for Xbox 360 and Xbox One on July 23, also beginning at 10 a.m. PDT. The beta includes a "diverse sampling of major activities" from the full game and is available to anyone who preorders Destiny.

2587789-destinyghost.jpg

The Destiny beta will be offline July 21-22, and will come to a close on July 27 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

"As we prepare to launch our first beta on multiple console platforms around the world, we are excited and eager to open the floodgates," Bungie president Harold Ryan said in a statement. "We already love to play Destiny, and with your help we can be ready for our launch in September."

Activision and Bungie also announced today the Destiny Expansion Pass. It costs $35 and includes access to two expansions that feature new story missions, cooperative activities, and competitive multiplayer arenas. Also included are new weapons and gear to earn. The first expansion is called The Dark Below (set beneath the surface of the Moon), while the second is titled House of Wolves. Details about this expansion will be announced later.

Buying the Destiny Expansion Pass will save you money, as the expansions will be sold for $20 each when released. There was no mention of when that will be.

Destiny players on PlayStation consoles will also receive additional bonus content for The Dark Below and House of Wolves, which will remain exclusive until "at least" fall 2015. Further, Activision and Bungie announced today that all preorders for Destiny will come with the Vanguard Armory pack that includes early access to weapons, gear, and an exclusive player emblem.

Lastly, Activision today announced three collector's edition versions of Destiny. These are listed below, along with details regarding what each contains.

Destiny Limited Edition ($100):

Limited edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc.
    Destiny Expansion Pass.
    Guardian Folio: Arms & Armament Field Guide, Postcards from the Golden Age, Antique Star Chart.
    Collector's Edition Digital Content Pack: Unique Ghost Casing, Exclusive Player Emblem, Exclusive Player Ship Variant.

Destiny Ghost Edition ($150):

Everything from the Destiny Limited Edition
    Ghost replica, featuring motion-activated lights and voice recordings from award-winning actor Peter Dinklage, voice of the Ghost character, the player’s personal companion in the game.
    Letter of Introduction.
    Golden Age Relics, which include a Photo, Patch, Sticker, and two Chrome slides of the Traveler.
    Destiny Digital Guardian Edition ($90):

Digital copy of Destiny.
    Destiny Expansion Pass.
    Access to the content from the Collector's Edition Digital Content Pack listed above.
    Destiny launches September 9 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4. In addition to the collector's editions revealed above, Sony will offer a special $450 Destiny PS4 hardware bundle that includes a copy of the game and a "glacier white" system.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Destiny' beta kicks off next week

[img]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d18b9a4f1de9c45f613c27e20e916290e722933c/c=204-0-1796-1196&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/02/07//1391785793000-? -GAN-TECH-GAMES-022113.jpg[/img]

PlayStation owners will get first ? at a beta for Activision's upcoming first-person shooter Destiny.

The beta will feature a "diverse sampling" of activities players will experience when the full game launches September 9 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360, Activision and developer Bungie announced Monday.

The test period starts July 17 on the PS4 and PS3, followed by Xbox One and Xbox 360 on July 23. It will be available across all platforms until July 28 at 3 a.m. ET.

Destiny is in a first-person shooter with a foundation typically seen in massively multiplayer online (MMO) games. Players can tackle missions solo or with fireteams of up to three players. A Crucible provides competitive multiplayer challenges, while random events take place throughout the adventure that players can quickly join.

Destiny is the first in a series of video games launching as part of a long-term partnership between Activision and Bungie announced in 2010
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not checking for this but I might get that bundle for the white system
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Not checking for this but I might get that bundle for the white system

Yeah it would go nice with the white vita
  • Michael_Malice
    Just upgraded my pre-order to the Limited Edition and got my Beta Code.