It's easy to disprove Christianity but can you disprove Islam?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    the children of ham include phut,cush, Egypt (mizraim) and canaan.

the curse was not on all the descendants of ham, clearly because 3 out of 4 of ham's children became great nations of people who ruled others.

• dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaand it gets moved to the social lounge for its funeral and burial... Smh

You back around, too?

Yea once in a while
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I personally believe in a higher power. Reason being, is because why would we be here in the first place if there is no afterlife? I'm not religious and hardly go to church, but I do believe in an afterlife. Some parts of religion can be disproven just like Science can.
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    I personally believe in a higher power. Reason being, is because why would we be here in the first place if there is no afterlife? I'm not religious and hardly go to church, but I do believe in an afterlife. Some parts of religion can be disproven just like Science can.

Why can't people believe there is no purpose?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

Good point. As someone who does believe in some form of a higher power, I'm willing to admit there could be no purpose to being alive. Maybe we're here for sheer entertainment? In the end, does all this mean anything? Partying hard on a weekend, raising kids, working, what's the purpose at the end of the day?

Legit point, one I won't argue against. In all likelihood, it seems there isn't any serious point in being alive. I would say the point of being alive is to make yourself and your family happy, but there are so many miserable people on Earth due to wars, disease, and Earth just being a ? up place in general. I still believe there's something out there because we seem designed and the Earth seems designed. It's a ? up design though, and it's possible ? or the gods died a long time ago, and we're just here on our own. We create our own purpose to life, not some fantasy book written by people thousands of years ago. It's also why I'm very sympathetic to atheists, because ? has yet to show up to us on a grand scale.

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So has anyone got to disproving Islam yet?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Islam falls short because it fails to substantiate many of the claims made
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Pretty much. Allah is doing a pretty good job protecting those Muslims in the Palestinian territories, isn't he?
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Because religion has done more to harm and destroy the unity between human beings then almost anything else in world history. It's the reason I break off and disrespect religion any chance I get, with no apologies.

Did you attend church in your youth?
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Because religion has done more to harm and destroy the unity between human beings then almost anything else in world history. It's the reason I break off and disrespect religion any chance I get, with no apologies.

I did. I went to Catholic school for 10 years. I go to church every Xmas, only cuz my family drags me to it.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't leave it on that note, explain
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The same skepticism that is used to refute the claims made by Christianity can (and really should) be applied to Islam

Like Christianity, Islam does not have much evidence to support anything it says
    It's hearsay
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options

Good point. As someone who does believe in some form of a higher power, I'm willing to admit there could be no purpose to being alive. Maybe we're here for sheer entertainment? In the end, does all this mean anything? Partying hard on a weekend, raising kids, working, what's the purpose at the end of the day?

Legit point, one I won't argue against. In all likelihood, it seems there isn't any serious point in being alive. I would say the point of being alive is to make yourself and your family happy, but there are so many miserable people on Earth due to wars, disease, and Earth just being a ? up place in general. I still believe there's something out there because we seem designed and the Earth seems designed. It's a ? up design though, and it's possible ? or the gods died a long time ago, and we're just here on our own. We create our own purpose to life, not some fantasy book written by people thousands of years ago. It's also why I'm very sympathetic to atheists, because ? has yet to show up to us on a grand scale.

I think I might have to give you a cosign for that my friend
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Why would you want to?

I did. I went to Catholic school for 10 years. I go to church every Xmas, only cuz my family drags me to it.

Catholic huh... No wonder you ? with atheists lol
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pretty much. Allah is doing a pretty good job protecting those Muslims in the Palestinian territories, isn't he?
    .... that's all you got?
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Pretty much lol....the more they taught me about the Bible, the more me and my friends became disgusted by it. I remember telling my religion teacher in 9th grade the Bible ? seems evil, and people clapped behind me. Mind you, this was Catholic school. I asked the same teacher why didn't the BIble ? stop slavery or genocides, and he himself said he wasn't sure. That's when I was like, this is all ? .

I then concluded the Bible ? is either just made up or lazy as ? . Not the kind of ? I wana worship.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

.... that's all you got?

Well I don't see Allah protecting his Muslim followers anywhere, tiny little Israel constantly ? slaps Muslim nations around it with ease. According to the Koran, Allah protects his followers but 182 dead Palestinians and 1,300 wounded later in just a week, and Allah is still sitting on his ass. What else would I need to disprove Islam, or any Abrahamic religion for that matter?
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Pretty much lol....the more they taught me about the Bible, the more me and my friends became disgusted by it. I remember telling my religion teacher in 9th grade the Bible ? seems evil, and people clapped behind me. Mind you, this was Catholic school. I asked the same teacher why didn't the BIble ? stop slavery or genocides, and he himself said he wasn't sure. That's when I was like, this is all ? .

I then concluded the Bible ? is either just made up or lazy as ? . Not the kind of ? I wana worship.

Definitely made up
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

.... that's all you got?

Well I don't see Allah protecting his Muslim followers anywhere, tiny little Israel constantly ? slaps Muslim nations around it with ease. According to the Koran, Allah protects his followers but 182 dead Palestinians and 1,300 wounded later in just a week, and Allah is still sitting on his ass. What else would I need to disprove Islam, or any Abrahamic religion for that matter?

Ether
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELL IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS "VISUALLY PROVE TO ME THAT ? IS REAL" AND I CANT MAKE ? APPEAR, YEAH CHRISTIANITY WOULD BE EASY TO DISPROVE... BUT IF UR NOT OPEN TO RECIEVE HIM OR HIS WORD... THEN YEAH, THAT WOULD GO FOR ANYTHING YOU DONT WANT TO BELIEVE
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    There's a difference between refusing to believe and not seeing any evidence to support a belief
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ATL_DRO wrote: »
    WELL IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS "VISUALLY PROVE TO ME THAT ? IS REAL" AND I CANT MAKE ? APPEAR, YEAH CHRISTIANITY WOULD BE EASY TO DISPROVE... BUT IF UR NOT OPEN TO RECIEVE HIM OR HIS WORD... THEN YEAH, THAT WOULD GO FOR ANYTHING YOU DONT WANT TO BELIEVE

Without proof, it's not worth taking seriously. In the Youtube era and Twitter era, for any ? to be missing in action during this time speaks volumes, the biggest thots and ? tend to be Christian lol. So of course, Christianity will continue to lose its influence worldwide. And Islam is considered a joke by most here. Had a threesome with a Christian chick and her friend the other day, met them off a certain website I won't promote here. But let's just say when I see a ? mention she's Christian, I see easy prey. Christians don't take their own religion seriously, so there's no reason why anyone else should either.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Without proof, it's not worth taking seriously. In the Youtube era and Twitter era, for any ? to be missing in action during this time speaks volumes, the biggest thots and ? tend to be Christian lol. So of course, Christianity will continue to lose its influence worldwide. And Islam is considered a joke by most here. Had a threesome with a Christian chick and her friend the other day, met them off a certain website I won't promote here. But let's just say when I see a ? mention she's Christian, I see easy prey. Christians don't take their own religion seriously, so there's no reason why anyone else should either.

what made you think she does not take her religion seriously?? just because she ? you
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

what made you think she does not take her religion seriously?? just because she ? you

She doesn't take her religion seriously because she has tattoos, has 3somes with women, and eats shrimp. All these things are worthy of the death penalty according to the Bible. She also works on Sundays and Saturdays, so according to the Bible, she should be given the death penalty. So um, yeah, she doesn't take her religion seriously lol
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think most of that was OT. The Bible also talks about certain groups of people. It is not intended for everyone but those people at that time. With the idea of forgiveness you don't have to die for every sin.