FIFA Has Banned Beats By Dre Headphones From The World Cup

Options
MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
Damn.

Despite Beats By Dre unleashing a very dope and anticipation-heightening commercial for the World Cup featuring one of its biggest stars (Neymar, pictured to the right) and some of hip-hop’s biggest stars (Lil’ Wayne, Nicki Minaj, etc), Beats By Dre headphones have actually been banned completely from this year’s festivities, which are taking place in Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_i3Lcjli84

Because of FIFA’s licensing deal with Sony, which is a direct competitor of Beats Music, players have been banned from wearing Beats By Dre headphones at media events and on the sidelines of official World Cup matches, which is pretty awkward considering several players have been photographed candidly rocking the ubiquitous headset, despite Sony sending all World Cup players (sheesh) a pair of their headphones for their own personal use.

We doubt Dr. Dre’s worried about the stock of his precious Beats By Dre line falling, Tim Cook made sure he’d never have to worry about that again.

http://thesource.com/2014/06/17/fifa-has-banned-beats-by-dre-headphones-from-the-world-cup/

Comments

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a side note lebron didn't get 30 mil from beats by dre.....he got 50
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

I heard it was more than that

• zerocool
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Damn....how much more?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd never pay these trendy ass athletes that much for promotion. They run out and snatch up up anything that's got a name anyway. Why pay Lebron 50 mil to promote Beats By Dre when him and bunch of other NBA players use the ? in public anyway. You better off paying some photographers/journalists a few thousand dollars to use pictures of Lebron with the Beats headphones in their articles.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd never pay these trendy ass athletes that much for promotion. They run out and snatch up up anything that's got a name anyway. Why pay Lebron 50 mil to promote Beats By Dre when him and bunch of other NBA players use the ? in public anyway. You better off paying some photographers/journalists a few thousand dollars to use pictures of Lebron with the Beats headphones in their articles.

Then Lebron would be able to sue saying beats is using his likeness and image to sell their product irregardless if the photographer got paid for the picture or not
  • MR.CJ
    edited June 2014
    Options

Damn....how much more?

SAS said about $300 mill
  • MR.CJ
    edited June 2014
    Options

Lebron owned a stake in beats
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn....how much more?

SAS said about $300 mill

That doesnt even make sense . Thats damn near what Dre made off the deal and he had a 25% stake. I find it hard to believe SAS said that, sir, im gonna need a lank
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 people demand Jay Z to use his star power and un ban them
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Damn....how much more?

SAS said about $300 mill

That doesnt even make sense . Thats damn near what Dre made off the deal and he had a 25% stake. I find it hard to believe SAS said that, sir, im gonna need a lank

@S2J‌

go to the 14:00 mark

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=11098126
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Then Lebron would be able to sue saying beats is using his likeness and image to sell their product irregardless if the photographer got paid for the picture or not

Yeah good luck on that. Last time I checked photographers taking pictures and putting them in the paper wasn't illegal.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They banned them because they're trash ass headphones.
    No problems here.
  • zerocool
    Options

Damn....how much more?

SAS said about $300 mill

No wonder ? can afford a pay cut to get more players
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah good luck on that. Last time I checked photographers taking pictures and putting them in the paper wasn't illegal.

Yea you can take a picture of Lebron and put in in the paper. But you can't take a pic of lebron put it in an article as a advertisement for a product to get around paying Lebron
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yea you can take a picture of Lebron and put in in the paper. But you can't take a pic of lebron put it in an article as a advertisement for a product to get around paying Lebron

Unless you've put it on a record that that is what you're doing, how could anyone prove it?