The Official 2014-2015 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got Baylor right before the RRR,...Byu and Ucla early we make it through that stretch 4-0 or 3-1 i will be highly impressed.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sean Taylor was the goat....never played for any of my squads but i like how he played the game dude was a beast not to mention he's a "Taylor". #bloodlineornah
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Got Baylor right before the RRR,...Byu and Ucla early we make it through that stretch 4-0 or 3-1 i will be highly impressed.

Gotta get that revenge on BYU. I'm looking forward to that UCLA game this supposed to be the best team they've had in years. Baylor the main competition in the Big 12. A chance to start of Strong.....no pun intended
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    You got your tickets yet for it @hustle...for the Ucla game. Baylor will be tough, and all of those games are at the top half of the schedule so it should be interesting to see where we stand after the RRR.Also looking forward to see if strong toughened up that defense..got those kids playing with a passion.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lessgeddit Denn....

OVG1bBT.gifscQTNiw.gif
    r1jTx7M.gif

Can't wait for that Switzer 30for30 dropping in October...
    cRgUiH9.gif

Gfurb2D.gifGfurb2D.gifGfurb2D.gif

Boomer Muthaphuckin Sooner. If you mad, talk to ? .

That is all...

9oNF6qP.gif

Im back ? fuckas... Greenwood, you aint bangin hard enough bruh. You supposed to put it in they face like

154068168.jpg

128790722_21490579.jpg

roll wit it or get rolled over

OklahomaSooners-BoomerSooner-Schooner.jpg

BOOMER
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see why we came in at #4 at being DB U. We've had some good ones come through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNT4lkPbQ_w

dont put too much stock in that ESPN ranking. Like I said in the other thread. They put too much stock in All conference rankings to come up with their score.

Same question I asked in the last thread. How can anyone rank Louisville over Georgia for QBU?

Miami, and Florida has put out enough DBs in the last two decades to contend with anyone as a "DBU".

• caddo man
    Options
    I am very dubious of any and all statistical rankings especially the ones with an undetermined time frame.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Best to do your own researching sometimes.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was always joked out about S. Taylor pad height.

Dude just looks like finna punish every player on offense
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smoke Back! lmao.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2014
    Options
    69 Lane Johnson days until CFB season starts!

4-5-13-lane-johnson-usa.jpg

USP-NFL_-2013-NFL-Draft_031.jpg

Came to OU as an average Quarterback, left OU as an elite, #1 pick O-lineman.

We make them, they don't make us.

emot_tk3.gif
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    68 Anthony Phillips days to the start of CFB season...

Didn't really know much about Phillips until i found this All-American team photo on Landthieves.

How many players can you name on this pic? I can name about 5.

m9q0mPn.jpg

And by the way, there are 2 Sooners on this pic. Not just one. The other ? out tho. lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Kevin Sumlin bussin' shots on Twitter like his step-daddy Stoops.

When aTm gets a committment they tweet "#YESSIR" or "#WRTS"

The other hashtag making the rounds through the Texas A&M social networks now is #WRTS, which supposedly stands for “We run this state.” Sumlin has not used the hashtag but others have been using it to help support the idea that Texas A&M is dominating the state of Texas when it comes to recruiting compared to both in-state and SEC rivals. So, where is the top talent in Texas heading?

f6KCJBk.jpg

texass better learn how to recruit outside of texas. Black Stoops is cleanin' up.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    All those recruits and he still ain't doing ? . No worries......
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00713 wrote: »

yall lucky yall got out of that series right before the tide started to turn lol
  • G.Avant
    Options
    68 Anthony Phillips days to the start of CFB season...

Didn't really know much about Phillips until i found this All-American team photo on Landthieves.

How many players can you name on this pic? I can name about 5.

m9q0mPn.jpg

And by the way, there are 2 Sooners on this pic. Not just one. The other ? out tho. lol

What year is this from like 88??
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

yall lucky yall got out of that series right before the tide started to turn lol

Man please. Just because "on paper" you might have a better team don't mean ? . A&M will always be little brother.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Speaking of ? & M

LSU's 2014 regular-season finale against Texas A&M on Thanksgiving in College Station will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN, the league office and the network announced on Monday.

LSU is 2-0 against the Aggies since they joined the Southeastern Conference in 2012, which includes a 34-10 victory last year in Tiger Stadium. LSU leads the overall series with Texas A&M 29-20-3.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Steve Spurrier: Nick Saban hasn’t maxed out Alabama’s potential
    Steve Spurrier likes taking his hacks, on and off the golf course.

His love for golf has been well documented, and he’s well known for his prodding fellow coaches with well-placed barbs.

Spurrier needled Alabama coach Nick Saban in a Sunday story in The State.

South Carolina’s football coach talks about his golf game and his work ethic, comparing the amount of hours he puts in to those worked by Saban and his staff.

“I told Nick Saban one time, I said, ‘Nick, you don’t have to stay there until midnight and your teams would be just as good and win just as many.’ He said, ‘If I could do it the way you do it, I would, but I don’t feel comfortable unless I try to cover every base, every angle, be totally prepared.’ I said, ‘Well, that’s probably why you do it.’ When I come out there, I feel comfortable we are ready to play. We have our game plan in, going to call this, call that and so forth. Everybody is different as far as when they feel they are totally prepared.”

The article continues, with Spurrier perhaps saying that Saban should be doing more considering the time he puts in and Alabama’s top-ranked recruiting classes.

If he worked longer hours “would we be 12-1 instead of 11-2? Oh, you’re kidding. I haven’t heard anybody say that really, but if you wanted to, you can find faults with anybody if they don’t win them all. How many SECs has (Saban) won there in eight years? He’s won two. He’s won three nationals, but he’s only won two SECs in eight years. Now, if you had the No. 1 recruiting class every year and so forth, I don’t know if he has maxed out potentially as well as he could.”

So is Spurrier saying that Saban has underachieved at Alabama? Sounds that way, according to Spurrier.

Spurrier dont give a ? .
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options

We just got the faggies number...and it's always been like that, ? you better check that head2head series.? &m always does ? for attention peep how they added bout 3 national championship years on side of their stadium...some ? they never even won.....texas ? &m will ALWAYS be in Texas shadow.
  • G.Avant
    Options
    All this other ? yall talking about "little brother", "always in our shadow" etc dont change the fact that A&M would of gave yall hell these last few years aint like they never beat yall. Dont act like UT isn't in a down period right now, just rolling out your helmet not gonna get you the vic
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    All this other ? yall talking about "little brother", "always in our shadow" etc dont change the fact that A&M would of gave yall hell these last few years aint like they never beat yall. Dont act like UT isn't in a down period right now, just rolling out your helmet not gonna get you the vic

In a down period we still would've gave them hell. If you gotta hashtag "we run the state" you don't really run the state.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Speaking of ? & M

LSU's 2014 regular-season finale against Texas A&M on Thanksgiving in College Station will kickoff at 6:30 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN, the league office and the network announced on Monday.

LSU is 2-0 against the Aggies since they joined the Southeastern Conference in 2012, which includes a 34-10 victory last year in Tiger Stadium. LSU leads the overall series with Texas A&M 29-20-3.

I hope it's freezing cold that day...I want to see how LSU players handle the weather
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Avant...where was all this WRTS ? when they was playing Texas?Now that they out of it they poppin off, like i said we got their number.I can remember when they had decent teams and we still whipped that ass.