Tyrant

Options
qawshun
qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did anyone check it out ? I thought it was decent.

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GR3rk7lWaM
    Tyrant is an American drama television series created by Israeli director, screenwriter, and writer Gideon Raff and developed by Howard Gordon and Craig Wright. A 10-episode first season has been ordered by the American cable network FX. The series premiered on June 24, 2014. The pilot episode was written by Raff and directed by David Yates.

Bassam "Barry" Al Fayeed is from the fictional war-torn country of Abbudin. He has been living in self-selected exile in Los Angeles for nearly 20 years. Barry, the younger son of Baladi's dictator, ends his exile to return with his American family to his homeland for his nephew's wedding. His arrival leads to a dramatic culture clash, as he reluctantly returns to the familial and national politics he once left.
  • marc123
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Just watched the pilot. Went into it not knowing what to expect, but it was really good. I liked it.

Interesting premise of a level headed dude who goes back home to his royal and dictatorship family. Has to witness all the greed, excess, excessive waste and extreme wealth, while the ppl of the nation live in poverty. Lol at his son enjoying the new lavish lifestyle, prestige n wealth. Then smh at him ending up bein ? . The ? brother is crazy af.

Its kinda like bizzaro world homeland, where everything is reverse (if that makes sense). Interested to see how it all plays out tho, there are many different ways it could go.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it. Dude's wife was annoying as hell asking him all those damn questions. If he hasn't talked about his family in 20 years, then maybe he has a legitimate reason. Smh.
  • qawshun
    Options
    Yo his brother it's a ruthless dude, how you gonna dig a man's wife out while he sits in the kitchen with their kids listening
  • marc123
    Options
    ^That was a ? up scene.
  • marc123
    Options
    LCA not ? with this? So far the reviews have been meh, but im really feelin this show.

2nd ep was a solid follow up.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched the first 2 episodes. I ? wit it.

Smash on the daughter and the nephews wife. I thought she was gonna pull out a ? for that kid but it didn't happen. That scene where he was a kid and popped dude for his bro was G.
  • marc123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    All the arab women on this show are sexy af!

When the broad asked the kid if he ever seen a ? i lol. Cuz i wanted to see those ? too.

I thinks stupid that they randomly made Barrys son a ? tho. Smh
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Just watched the pilot. Went into it not knowing what to expect, but it was really good. I liked it.

Interesting premise of a level headed dude who goes back home to his royal and dictatorship family. Has to witness all the greed, excess, excessive waste and extreme wealth, while the ppl of the nation live in poverty. Lol at his son enjoying the new lavish lifestyle, prestige n wealth. Then smh at him ending up bein ? . The ? brother is crazy af.

Its kinda like bizzaro world homeland, where everything is reverse (if that makes sense). Interested to see how it all plays out tho, there are many different ways it could go.

I think it's made by the same folks who made 24 and homeland

heard the show was alright....ill check this out
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    His wife is too damn naive man.
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Yeah. I was watching that ? getting frustrated like how many times the ? gotta say ? ain't right for you to ? and get in line? He shoulda slapped her with the hand of Allah like he did his son. ? he slapped the ? out that kid. Lol.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That chick but the ? out of that ? ? . That ? gave me nightmares.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    s.free wrote: »

Yeah. I was watching that ? getting frustrated like how many times the ? gotta say ? ain't right for you to ? and get in line? He shoulda slapped her with the hand of Allah like he did his son. ? he slapped the ? out that kid. Lol.

LOL!!!

You'd think if a muthafucca hasn't talked about his family, or hasn't seen them in 20 years ON PURPOSE, that maybe somethin should click in your head that @ alone. Bcuz there's a good reason why he hasn't said anything."
  • marc123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The dude who plays his brother is a DAMN good actor.

BTW the line of the 2 eps so far was durin the flashback, after Barry shot n killed the ? , barry turned to his pops n said "see.....its done!...... now leave him alone!" I was like "ohhhhhhh ? !" Pops had to show instant respect lol
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    The dude who plays his brother is a DAMN good actor.

BTW the line of the 2 eps so far was durin the flashback, after Barry shot n killed the ? , barry turned to his pops n said "see.....its done!...... now leave him alone!" I was like "ohhhhhhh ? !" Pops had to show instant respect lol

@s was given.
  • marc123
    Options
    3rd ep was kinda a drop off, still solid tho.
  • qawshun
    Options
    I was hoping to see shorty ? in that shower scene. She bad as hell
  • marc123
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    I was hoping to see shorty ? in that shower scene. She bad as hell

Me too. She bad af...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I really ? with this show so far

Dope and a lot of potential

Disgusted with the son tho smh
  • marc123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yea, the son is a ? wierdo, the daughter can get the d.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is pretentious as ? though
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the only thing that sucks about shows on fx you can see a person burn to death, get shot up, get their head smashed but can't see some ?
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Liked that the wife finally said some useful ? this past episode. She was getting annoying.
    Lil daughter could really get the d.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wanna deal with some faggy teenage son. Does his kid get a lot of screentime?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? dude is gonna get got by his boy publicly and the son is gonna be in viewable it does....the overzealous general is worse.than Jamal...jamal is a product of his father and over compensates for.his preteen "failure" he's guided by the ghost of his dad yet he looks like he is at least open