What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

FINALLY! An Accurate Representation of Biblical Figures

Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu RegisThe EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in The Social Lounge
It's finally good to see that somebody took it upon themselves to accurately portray what people in the Old Testament looked like. To bad dude didn't include Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses'em. Dude really needed to include Moses.

What Would Characters From The Bible Really Look Like? Here's One Photographer's Idea

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/07/characters-from-bible-really-look-like-_n_5281519.html

The Huffington Post By Sara Roncero-Menendez

Plenty of films have taken a stab at bringing Bible stories to life, from "The Ten Commandments" and "Jesus Christ: Superstar" to this year's "Son of God" and "Noah." But despite those movies' different genres and tones, these films all tend to share one similarity: They have white casts, even though the Bible's characters would have been from parts of Africa or the Middle East. Photographer James C. Lewis of Noire3000 | N3K Photo Studios has decided to rectify by presenting these iconic figures in a new light.

Lewis' "Icons Of The Bible" photo series depicts some of the most famous characters from the Old and New Testament exclusively as people of color, including Simon Peter, Elijah, King Solomon and the archangel Gabriel. The series, which will be fully released in October, features 70 models who identify as either Asian, Native American, Hispanic, African, Middle Eastern, Black American and West Indian.

"I think it is very important to see one's self in the Scripture so that it may become real in their eyes," Lewis told The Huffington Post. "The whitewashing of the Bible has always bothered me. However I'm happy to now have the opportunity to give a different point of view."

o-ELISHA-NOIRE-BIBLE-570.jpg?5

o-KING-DAVID-ICON-570.jpg?5

o-SIMON-PETER-NOIR-BIBLE-570.jpg?6

o-ELIJAH-NOIRE-BIBLE-570.jpg?6

o-REBEKAH-NOIRE-BIBLE-570.jpg?4

o-SAMUEL-NOIRE-BIBLE-570.jpg?5

o-KING-SOLOMON-NOIRE-BIBLE-570.jpg?5
Oakland+Athletics+1200.jpg

“There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
Purrbossdon201Got Em ShookBrideofKillairon man1thulsadoomValentinez A. KaiserKINGECkingblaze84CracceRsoul rattlermiamivice305

Replies

• PurrPurr Evil Chuck Season. Jumpman jumpman Jumpman dat girl up to something!!!Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King david is fine as shit.
    "The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman."- Malcolm X
    WestieCapitalBDarcSkies
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    o-PHARAOH-NOIRE-BIBLE-570.jpg?6

o-GABRIEL-NOIR-BIBLE-570.jpg?5

47206349a190c9c02582b5f3494ffd6c.jpg

8e5346a1d813ccfddf7af77b05529776.jpg

4155a3dc9923350318123f0b44915207.jpg

508ce94473bb8af4fb302dd87149979d.jpg

dc05bcdcbf2de8925e4e584fa35c14ef.jpg

d88a210afb2ceddde944a86d56f2c0f7.jpg

“There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.”―Tommy Lasorda
    miamivice305
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westie wrote: »
    Accurate would mean this stuff happened....

Gone with your ole heathen atheist ass.

bootsy_jenkinsCapitalBKINGECsoul rattlermiamivice305
    edited June 2014
    Evilchuck wrote: »
    King david is fine as shit.

Fuck it, Hulk smash on Elizabeth and Rachel, especially Rachel.

Chef_Taylor CapitalBDarcSkies
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know eurasians look like that.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

Allah_U_Akbar
  • WestieWestie Whore Savant the vagina nebulaPosts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westie wrote: »
    Accurate would mean this stuff happened....

Gone with your ole heathen atheist agnostic ass.

You got heathen right. :)
    male-tears-2.jpg
    Focal PointSir LurkalotDarcSkies
  • AlkinduzAlkinduz No Prep, No Glory Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that damian marley as gabriel? Lmao
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotta atheist on the IC
    rocket-2.gif
    Purrbootsy_jenkinsKINGECCracceRsoul rattler
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nigga waka as Jeremiah.
    Ajackson17Chef_Taylor Sir Lurkalot
  • OhMarsOhMars أرسل لي الصور من ثدييك Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I thought Jeremiah was waka flocka for a second
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude put different ethnicities in in the characters place. I love this. I will most def go see the display. It will be here in ATL
    bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

• Rasta.Rasta. Mt. ZionPosts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No black excellence? Near to accurate depiction of the fictional characters nonetheless
    bootsy_jenkins
  • AlkinduzAlkinduz No Prep, No Glory Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good that this shit is out there, get a mainstream discussion going, an accurate portayal of Moses would expose a lot of jews.

with that said, Most of em(especially kind David n solomon) look like a bunch of fags. Where are the beards n og robes lol Why they look like they were extras in a 300 movie?
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see what you're getting at w this.. So I ain't gonna bash it..
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Nothing left to prove Bay Area, CAPosts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is jezebel the broad in your sig?
  • Chi SnowChi Snow Night's Watch Castle BlackPosts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread wild homo b
    His hair?
    WACK
    His gear?
    WACK
    His jewelry?
    WACK
    His footstance?
    WACK
    The way he talks?
    WACK
    The way he doesn't even like to smile?
    WACK
    Me?
    I'm tight as FUCK
    SneakDZACapitalBRanxxsobek
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just more speculation

We can't know for certain whether these people looked Arabic, East African, North African, or whatever else
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Ajackson17Chef_Taylor kingblaze84
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo this shit looks like a damn alaye calendar commercial. I'm out.
    kingblaze84
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black people always going too far. The correct way of dealing with whitewashed history/mythology isn't to blackwash it. While some of the characters were likely black, the average Bible character didn't look like a member the local HBCU sororities and fraternities.
    I say the same thing. Afrocentricity is usually as ridiculous as Eurocentricity.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    D0wnreapin505StillFaggyAFNothingButTheTruthPlutarchsobeksoul rattlerDarkRaidenmiamivice305