'True Blood' Actor Quit Show Over ? Content

Options
2»

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure there are plenty of very talented openly ? actors who could play that kinda role just as well. Why they feel the need to find hetero actors and ? them up is beyond me. This man ain't no villain.

They want us to accept their lifestyle but don't have no respect for how a hetero man lives his life. They got the game all ? up
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Bunch of hypocrites

If anything, the ? community oughta be mad they givin away all these ? roles to straight men.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LaFayette's actor isn't ? , he realises it is just acting.

The actor who played Omar... he's not ? in real life.

Ryan Kwanten and Rob Kazinsky who play Jason and Warlow... not ? either.

Acting is acting, it's not real. If you are taking this ? seriously, you're in the wrong job.

3595541-fictional-characters.gif

? , a man sticking his tongue down your throat is real whether he's acting or not, and not wanting to do that shouldn't make you a homophobe. Yes, there are people that are so dedicated to their craft that they can get past doing stuff they don't like, but not every actor has to be that way.

But that's not what actors do. Screen kissing is not the same as if you are getting hot with your girl. Besides, if he was smart he should have requested a body double for those scenes and kept his job. As it is he now seems homophobic in an industry ran by ? , Jews and liberals. Also, as I said before, this show is entirely about accepting diversity and has been ? as ? from the jump, you got a cook wearing lipgloss and painted nails and a ? vampire club owner. It's not Mad Men.

this is a good point.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    so we gonna act like it wouldnt be cheaper for them to just fire dude and hire another actor rather than pick up a body double and another paycheck? just for a love scene or two? from a minor character at that.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had never heard of the show until a lady friend of mine begged me to watch it.

So I turned to it and the first thing I saw was a black man in a jersey dress....I turned that ? OFF and haven't looked back since.

A far as what dude did...I'm not mad at him, they changed his character and his changed his mind as far as I am concerned. In some respects...yeah it's kinda childish but he has a right to say he won't do something because it makes him uncomfortable.

I do wonder if this will affect his career later though.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no one takes issue with an actress not going nude in a scene. (in true blood some actresses go topless while others dont). I'm guessing they are not comfortable exposing themselves. So why such an uproar about an actor not feeling comfortable portraying a ? relationship.

In both cases its their prerogative but in one the actor is being vilified.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yet so many of you anti-? ? love this ? -ass show and it stay havin' a sticky thread in Lights Camera Action over the years.

Hmmmmmmmmm.............

thinking.jpg
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody loves true blood...
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Never seen this show in my life to be honest. Just thought it was ? up how they tried to vilify this man...