They still hang people in the South?

indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
I'm in Atlanta and I just overheard someone very casually saying that they're about to hang someone. Very disturbing. It was like this is the sort of things that happens often or something. I know a couple of years ago someone was hanged in Mississippi but they of course just said it was a suicide. But I'm from MS also and I vividly remember someone getting hanged when I was a teenager. Funny how some things never change even with a Black President.

or maybe this is the norm all over the World. There are still an estimated 30 million slaves in the World; the largest number ever.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    indyman87 wrote: »
    I'm in Atlanta and I just overheard someone very casually saying that they're about to hang someone.
    how excited are people supposed to get over this statement alone

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "they still hang people in the South," who is they? State governments? Apparently, the only states that have legalized hanging are in the North.

If you're just talking about average citizens, then I'm sure that there are some crazy people in the South (most likely the rural South) and elsewhere who might hang a person for whatever reason, but it most likely won't be a typical thing that's "widely" accepted.
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Funny how some things never change even with a Black President.

But would you really expect things to change after a black president?