Has Man Corrupted Religion?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man corrupts everything he desires for love and chaos both exist in the heart.

Definitely, exactly why we should take anything written and invented by man with a grain of salt....
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    so you are lookin for a religion that u can follow, but u dont know which one yet?
    and if u find one that you think is gonna be aight for u, u gonna follow it wholeheartedly?
    thats the dumbest ? ever

I would follow it to make me a better person.

whack
    if u dont think a religion is 100% truth then dont follow it, if u think for example ok islam is kinda nice but i like bacon and i dont wanna pray 5 times a day then dont follow it.
    just take the best out of every relgion for u no need to become religious
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You leaning to any certain religion yet Youth? If you still are choosing one give Hinduism a chance, it has some of the most incredible gods I've ever heard of. They're also featured a lot in the ancient aliens episodes...I believe many some of them were aliens but who knows.....

And no I'm not Hindu
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    You leaning to any certain religion yet Youth? If you still are choosing one give Hinduism a chance, it has some of the most incredible gods I've ever heard of. They're also featured a lot in the ancient aliens episodes...I believe many some of them were aliens but who knows.....

And no I'm not Hindu

I'm still choosing and i'm kinda leading towards Buddhism, but idk yet.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    They studied his platform on how to gather people and garvey was kicked out the nation for falsified reasons and deported. I don't care about their moral hang ups but the power they obtained and the wealth and their skills at fixing a nations.
    i would definitely submit that they didn't "fix" their nations. of course, i also wouldn't give Garvey that high a percentage of credit for all their nonsense, so...

whatever the reason, Garvey getting deported is yet another reason why ? Chi Minh would be the GOAT before him

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    of course. man corrupts everything. why would religion be exempt?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Atheism makes a people weak and an atheist society will be crushed and destroyed by the more passionate religious ones. low-key that's what's happening in parts of europe today only eastern europe is not having that ? , the east is much more religious. Coincidence?? i doubt it.

Why do you believe atheism makes a people weak? I have several atheist friends and none seem weak to me. They have great jobs, great education and seem far stronger mentally and physically then the avg person. They are far from helpless.

When I SAY "A PEOPLE" i don't mean individuals i mean the nation because what happens is without religion nothing is there to full that social, emotional, mental space. So it get filled by something else in ? germany it was ? and his principles, in stalinist russia it was stalin.

In western europe the hole is quickly being filled by pleasure seeking and materialism which breed weak values and weak people, the people in the western world today are of poor character. People in the past may have been more ignorant and hateful but they were of stronger character.

If you can talk to someone of the greatest generation do so and you'll see that i mean THEY did not cry, whine, ? ,moan they were more responsible hard working and willing to sacrifice for the greater good of their families and society.

today the women are ? , the men are ? or overgrown teenagers that never grow the ? up. meanwhile the youth elsewhere are hard at work and willing to die or ? for what they believe in even if what they believe in is wrong, the middle east is the perfect example of what i am talking about.

People work very hard in non religious societies too, ever heard of Japan? Ever heard of China? Ever heard of Russia? Many people there work their ? off. Same as in Norway and same as in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, shall the list go on? People there work hard, bad analogy. Also, Denmark and Sweden CONSISTENTLY rank among the happiest nations in the world so ummmm what are you talking about, their emotional and mental state of mind seems to be fine. I'm not religious at all and I consider myself content and pleased with my life for the most part.

On women being ? and teenagers being lazy in non religious societies? Bad generalization, there are many hard working teenagers out there and many women who aren't ? . A huge percentage of doctors and scientists are non religious, and I'm pretty ? sure many of these people are hard working. There are also many ? in religious societies, it's not just not as out in the open as free, non religious societies. Mexico is a religious society and my friends who have visited Mexico tell me ? is very easy to find in the resort towns and outlying areas. Same with Dominican Republic and other RELIGIOUS societies, if you have 30 or 40 bucks a religious church girl might be willing to suck that ? . Look at Boko Harem, they claim to be religious and they still do sexual slavery.

Look at the horrible Christian societies of the past that made sexual slavery an open thing, word to the ? Bible that supports slavery. If anything, religion has weakened the character of humans historically, it encourages horrible behavior like slavery in the case of the Bible and Koran. So ? all those religious textbooks, the Bible can suck my ? . Buddhism is the closest thing to a religion I can respect, I actually was a proud Buddhist for a long time. But it's more a philosophy then religion according to many scholars and I agree with that.

But realistically speaking the average american is lazy and cries and ? and is a selfish ? . This entire society is becoming more hollow as we speak

The Average american is religious. If this is true then it speaks more on the religious people than the atheists.
    I've explained to you why those northern european nations are happy already since ww2 was over their security has been provided for by the united states. before that there was a war somewhere in europe almost every generation going back to napeleon.

Scandinavia's geography was instrumental for them to avoid war for so long. They were out of the way of most conflicts sheltered up North. They avoided most wars after Charles XII of Sweden with a foreign policy that has kept out of other country's business.

scandinavia would very well have been pulled into war with russia if not for america and the scandinaian nations warred amongst themselves for a very long time.

The last war between Sweden and Norway was 1814, long before world war 1

Scandinavia has other allies that protect it as well

There's more to Sweden's peace time than "America scares away all the threats"

yes but that was not the last war that involved a scandinavian nation my point is that america is responsible for the peace in europe and the reason they can afford to have welfare states is because they don't need to worry so much about security. why is that? it's because a world order came into being that prevented their need for it rebuilt europe and defended it against communism, before that the nations of europe fought to maintain a balance of power on the continent which was what ww1 was really about in the first place.

@ THE BOLDED LIKE WHO ??? all of western europe was protected by america historically speaking the cold war is recent it's only been like 20 years. if not for america russia would have bumm rushed all of ? europe

The cold war was thirty years ago

Sweden, Denmark and Norway have been active Nato participants

America plays a role, as their other allies do too

30 is still nothing, and america is nato. By far the largest share of responsibility is taken up by the usa because most of the other states in nato can do nothing BECAUSE they don't have the will THE ? TO DO a ? thing

they don't spend money blood or political capital they mostly do nothing but reap the rewards of american protection have have been since 1949, America runs nato so don't fool yourself.

I knew you would see the light. Amen.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atheism makes a people weak and an atheist society will be crushed and destroyed by the more passionate religious ones. low-key that's what's happening in parts of europe today only eastern europe is not having that ? , the east is much more religious. Coincidence?? i doubt it.

Why do you believe atheism makes a people weak? I have several atheist friends and none seem weak to me. They have great jobs, great education and seem far stronger mentally and physically then the avg person. They are far from helpless.

When I SAY "A PEOPLE" i don't mean individuals i mean the nation because what happens is without religion nothing is there to full that social, emotional, mental space. So it get filled by something else in ? germany it was ? and his principles, in stalinist russia it was stalin.

In western europe the hole is quickly being filled by pleasure seeking and materialism which breed weak values and weak people, the people in the western world today are of poor character. People in the past may have been more ignorant and hateful but they were of stronger character.

If you can talk to someone of the greatest generation do so and you'll see that i mean THEY did not cry, whine, ? ,moan they were more responsible hard working and willing to sacrifice for the greater good of their families and society.

today the women are ? , the men are ? or overgrown teenagers that never grow the ? up. meanwhile the youth elsewhere are hard at work and willing to die or ? for what they believe in even if what they believe in is wrong, the middle east is the perfect example of what i am talking about.

People work very hard in non religious societies too, ever heard of Japan? Ever heard of China? Ever heard of Russia? Many people there work their ? off. Same as in Norway and same as in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, shall the list go on? People there work hard, bad analogy. Also, Denmark and Sweden CONSISTENTLY rank among the happiest nations in the world so ummmm what are you talking about, their emotional and mental state of mind seems to be fine. I'm not religious at all and I consider myself content and pleased with my life for the most part.

On women being ? and teenagers being lazy in non religious societies? Bad generalization, there are many hard working teenagers out there and many women who aren't ? . A huge percentage of doctors and scientists are non religious, and I'm pretty ? sure many of these people are hard working. There are also many ? in religious societies, it's not just not as out in the open as free, non religious societies. Mexico is a religious society and my friends who have visited Mexico tell me ? is very easy to find in the resort towns and outlying areas. Same with Dominican Republic and other RELIGIOUS societies, if you have 30 or 40 bucks a religious church girl might be willing to suck that ? . Look at Boko Harem, they claim to be religious and they still do sexual slavery.

Look at the horrible Christian societies of the past that made sexual slavery an open thing, word to the ? Bible that supports slavery. If anything, religion has weakened the character of humans historically, it encourages horrible behavior like slavery in the case of the Bible and Koran. So ? all those religious textbooks, the Bible can suck my ? . Buddhism is the closest thing to a religion I can respect, I actually was a proud Buddhist for a long time. But it's more a philosophy then religion according to many scholars and I agree with that.

But realistically speaking the average american is lazy and cries and ? and is a selfish ? . This entire society is becoming more hollow as we speak

The Average american is religious. If this is true then it speaks more on the religious people than the atheists.
    I've explained to you why those northern european nations are happy already since ww2 was over their security has been provided for by the united states. before that there was a war somewhere in europe almost every generation going back to napeleon.

Scandinavia's geography was instrumental for them to avoid war for so long. They were out of the way of most conflicts sheltered up North. They avoided most wars after Charles XII of Sweden with a foreign policy that has kept out of other country's business.

scandinavia would very well have been pulled into war with russia if not for america and the scandinaian nations warred amongst themselves for a very long time.

The last war between Sweden and Norway was 1814, long before world war 1

Scandinavia has other allies that protect it as well

There's more to Sweden's peace time than "America scares away all the threats"

yes but that was not the last war that involved a scandinavian nation my point is that america is responsible for the peace in europe and the reason they can afford to have welfare states is because they don't need to worry so much about security. why is that? it's because a world order came into being that prevented their need for it rebuilt europe and defended it against communism, before that the nations of europe fought to maintain a balance of power on the continent which was what ww1 was really about in the first place.

@ THE BOLDED LIKE WHO ??? all of western europe was protected by america historically speaking the cold war is recent it's only been like 20 years. if not for america russia would have bumm rushed all of ? europe

The cold war was thirty years ago

Sweden, Denmark and Norway have been active Nato participants

America plays a role, as their other allies do too

30 is still nothing, and america is nato. By far the largest share of responsibility is taken up by the usa because most of the other states in nato can do nothing BECAUSE they don't have the will THE ? TO DO a ? thing

they don't spend money blood or political capital they mostly do nothing but reap the rewards of american protection have have been since 1949, America runs nato so don't fool yourself.

I knew you would see the light. Amen.

my only disagreement with you is your unbiblical supported claim that the united states is mystery babylon and that america will be destroyed in one hour. when the bible clearly does not indicate that.
  • LaAmoureux
    LaAmoureux Members Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thank the gods for my inclination to pagan principles
    but I do not adhere to the convictions of any religion for I am a free-thinker.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    They studied his platform on how to gather people and garvey was kicked out the nation for falsified reasons and deported. I don't care about their moral hang ups but the power they obtained and the wealth and their skills at fixing a nations.
    i would definitely submit that they didn't "fix" their nations. of course, i also wouldn't give Garvey that high a percentage of credit for all their nonsense, so...

whatever the reason, Garvey getting deported is yet another reason why ? Chi Minh would be the GOAT before him

He chi Minh had a nation behind him, we do not have a nation and a smaller population and they were more United and had their beliefs. It goes to show you how much culture is a powerful tool to fight against oppression.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    But you need the people and when you had a nation littered with uncle toms than there is a lot of problems. Marcus Garvey knew he wouldn't lived to see his ideals in place. But you are also the reason why his ideals aren't going through and you can say the people are the ones who are lower than the Vietnamese people not the leader and the idealist.
  • zombie
    Options
    there are multiple nations in Africa whose founding fathers were influenced by Marcus not to mention the fact that many civil rights leaders gave Harvey the respect he deserves for being the only black man to lead

an inteinternational organization at a time when many blacks could not do ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

A deity's divinity becomes questionable when mere mortals can corrupt their creations
  • zombie
    Options

A deity's divinity becomes questionable when mere mortals can corrupt their creations

the deity is divine not always his creations, a free thinking creature that cannot disobey you is no free thinking creature in the first place.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

Powerful post. If the religions of the world have a deity that fails to prove their religion right, and makes their deities look like ? (such as the Biblical demon I mean ? ), then it tends to give the religion a bad name, and with good reason. Same with the Islamic and Judaic demons I mean gods
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    there are multiple nations in Africa whose founding fathers were influenced by Marcus not to mention the fact that many civil rights leaders gave Harvey the respect he deserves for being the only black man to lead

an inteinternational organization at a time when many blacks could not do ?

That's all I'm saying.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Powerful post. If the religions of the world have a deity that fails to prove their religion right, and makes their deities look like ? (such as the Biblical demon I mean ? ), then it tends to give the religion a bad name, and with good reason. Same with the Islamic and Judaic demons I mean gods

I'm not a believer of the Judaic ? but I do believe in a creator Oludumare. And there are consequences not being a good person if you rely on the power of Oludumare.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    people want ? to be what they want him to be, they want ? to conform to their standards of behavior so if ? does some thing they don't agree with he becomes a demon.

little children think the same thing of their parents. Mommy/daddy is not doing what i want, not giving me what i want

WAH WAH WAH !!!! I HATE YOU daddy you are mean and evil - typical little white baby in a grocery store.
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

I'm not a believer of the Judaic ? but I do believe in a creator Oludumare. And there are consequences not being a good person if you rely on the power of Oludumare.

I believe in a higher power as well, or higher powers. I do believe something or some things made the universe, and I do believe in doing good.

Is Oludumare from an African religion? It's a cool name
  • Ajackson17
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    people want ? to be what they want him to be, they want ? to conform to their standards of behavior so if ? does some thing they don't agree with he becomes a demon.

little children think the same thing of their parents. Mommy/daddy is not doing what i want, not giving me what i want

WAH WAH WAH !!!! I HATE YOU daddy you are mean and evil - typical little white baby in a grocery store.

LOL sorry that I think slavery and the beating of slaves are evil things. It's something most moral people tend to think. I refuse to worship or believe in anything that supports those things, and would actively work against it if it were a real thing. Thankfully, a growing amount of people around the world agree with me, and secularism will increase day by day. Spirituality, I have no problem with, as I am very spiritual myself.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yes from Ifa.

Interesting. I'd like to learn more about the African religions, the Nigerian ones still fascinate me
  • zombie
    Options

LOL sorry that I think slavery and the beating of slaves are evil things. It's something most moral people tend to think. I refuse to worship or believe in anything that supports those things, and would actively work against it if it were a real thing. Thankfully, a growing amount of people around the world agree with me, and secularism will increase day by day. Spirituality, I have no problem with, as I am very spiritual myself.
    like I said a child like understanding of morality and spirituality always develops into religion secularism and atheism will destroy the western world. they are already to upset to fight islam.

in very secular France Muslims block the road to pray and have no go zones for non Muslims. in England they have Muslim patrols. the west is flabby with weak willed atheists.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religion is a man constructed institution and anything a man lays his fingers on is eventually corrupted