Has Man Corrupted Religion?

12346»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? made atheists flagging my post. ? you all I despise atheism.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    if you don't want to be associated with anything that has caused death then you might as well just commit euthanasia, because every ideology/theology used by man has been used to cause massive death.

there are some that intrinsically pain causing, and other that have simply been misused.

The Abrahamic religions though have more pain, misery, slavery, genocide, and horror stories backed up with encouragement via words then any secular philosophy I've ever seen. It's a horrible legacy in the end, and any general encyclopedia would back me up on that.

I'm proud to be on the secular side, the side most stable nations in the word belong too. Very few stable religious societies in the world today. I can name plenty of secular ones, and that even includes spiritual ones where religious dogma isn't enforced like Muslim countries. I don't believe that's (mostly) a coincidence.
  • zombie
    if you don't want to be associated with anything that has caused death then you might as well just commit euthanasia, because every ideology/theology used by man has been used to cause massive death.

there are some that intrinsically pain causing, and other that have simply been misused.

The Abrahamic religions though have more pain, misery, slavery, genocide, and horror stories backed up with encouragement via words then any secular philosophy I've ever seen. It's a horrible legacy in the end, and any general encyclopedia would back me up on that.

I'm proud to be on the secular side, the side most stable nations in the word belong too. Very few stable religious societies in the world today. I can name plenty of secular ones, and that even includes spiritual ones where religious dogma isn't enforced like Muslim countries. I don't believe that's (mostly) a coincidence.

nothing has caused more misery than capitalism. a government being ran by secularism is not necessarily a bad thing what's bad and what weakens a nation is when the population itself is atheists.

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »

dog, no one forced me or brainwashed me into anything nor were my people ever drained of the knowledge of where we came from I am a Jamaican maroon I am well aware of myself and culture nothing was stripped from my people in fact my family has only recently come into Christ. my grandfather still worshipped his ancestors so all that 100 years of brainwashing nonsense does not apply to me. all people are still human even those who believe in ? so what did you expect???? following ? can be a constant struggle to do right that you will often fail.

and I never claimed to be more enlightened about ? than anyone else, nor did i ever deny the wrong things christians have done but fundamentally and theologically there is big difference between it and islam.
    Bruh, you not stupid and neither am I. This response is a clear dodge and a far cry from your previous post in this thread. You're pulling th usual christian move, throwing rocks(or should I say stones lol) and then hiding your hands. Ok, maybe your family got away but a shitload of our ancestors didn't. All this white washing hasn't affected me or my folks but it affects a shitload of other american blacks. Your people got on them islands the same way everyone else did. The majority of us were forced and brainwashed into these religions. And you're family recently accepting the religion makes things even worse lol. Them having their ? still in tact, combined with the knowledge of what the brits did. ? is weird don't you think? Why would they willingly join some ? that ? on people who looked like them and stripped them from their homeland? Why would they just drop what they were doing before whites compromised us and most of the world and accept their evil? Maybe it's the same reason why ? are jesus freaks and praise histories most famous misogynist ? till this very day. Even with the knowledge that they have literately destroyed our people.

? is like a ? victim turning around and willingly marrying her ? lol!!!!!!

And the difference between islam is not that big at all. They both are telling the same story but with their own ? upped twisted spins on it. Both have damn near equal amounts of evil and divide. The truth is, both of those religions are really bad offshoots of ancient african creation stories. Stories that were around waaaaaay before the whites and sand ? came up with their twisted versions of of them.
    I love how brainwashed people(especially blacks) don't like to talk about the dark side of their religion. there's more dark than there is light when you really look at it without your eyes being covered. It's done more harm than good.

Lets address how the religion hustle is one of the biggest money makers in the world

Christianity was used to enslave and completely ? on black folks for 100's of years and still is effecting us today.

Islam treats women like ? and their prophet was a ? old child molesting ? .

I can go on and on.

I don't believe the issue is with understanding religion's dark history. It's the overexaggeration of this history. Not every act in the history of mankind has been done in the name of religion.

You say that Christianity enslaved Blacks yet there wouldn't have been a Civil Rights Movement without it.
    You can't be black lol!!!!!!!!!!!! this ? sounds stupid as hell(especially the bold). This is what I mean about christians always wanting to turn a blind eye to their ? ups and always spin ? . The bold seems like some ? a naive sheltered white person would say. Or one of the whites that are in denial about there evil ? history and rather downplay it, sweep it under the rug, or make it seem like it's the victims own fault.

1. I said the worst atrocities in history were in the name of christianity, and other religions as well but mostly christianity. Not everything.

2. There is no over exaggeration of it's dark history. Actually it's watered down in the mainstream. The truth is that religion and all of it's offshoots have done waay evil than good. #FACTS

3. The bold is ? ? and there's no need to even explain why. Either you trolling, turning a blind eye to protect christianity, or your a sheltered white person.

Maybe if you considered in the first sentence I posted, you would see that I am not denying that people are turning a blind eye to history. I only brought up the Civil Rights Movement to make the point there was on one occasion when Christianity brought about some good in spite of the KKK using it for the enslavement of Blacks.

Whatever we see as evil happens. But not all of them are done in the name of religion and that is where the exaggeration comes. Murders in bad neighborhoods go on most of the time and it is almost certain it is not on whether someone is worshipping ? or not. You hear about someone getting killed over a pair of shoes or just being on the wrong side of town.

And I'm not interested in percentages. The evils of the world are still wrong even if only 1% is done out of non-religious motives. Murder is still something we should be against whether it's done by a religious fanatic or a armed robber trying to take something. Yet, your argument makes it seem as if the "armed robber" is the better way out.

You're not interested in percentages when it comes to atrocities often associated with Christians and Christian nations, but it should give one pause when one sees how much evil can be justified by Abrahamic religions. If one chooses to be associated with a thing so tarnished with an evil past, then that's fine lol. I personally can't do it, knowing all the atrocities the Bible co-signs with its own words. And those words ? Black people over for hundreds and hundreds of years. That will always be unforgivable to me.

I'm not interested in percentages in respect to recognizing what is good or evil. It sounds more like you would rather turn the blind eye. Murder is still murder whether a religious fanatic does it or a armed robber does it. You look at the atrocities of religion and fail to see that the evils of the world go on regardless. When the cops shoot and ? an unarmed Black man, I know you are not saying to yourself, "Well, at least he wasn't killed by the Taliban."
  • kingblaze84

dog, no one forced me or brainwashed me into anything nor were my people ever drained of the knowledge of where we came from I am a Jamaican maroon I am well aware of myself and culture nothing was stripped from my people in fact my family has only recently come into Christ. my grandfather still worshipped his ancestors so all that 100 years of brainwashing nonsense does not apply to me. all people are still human even those who believe in ? so what did you expect???? following ? can be a constant struggle to do right that you will often fail.

and I never claimed to be more enlightened about ? than anyone else, nor did i ever deny the wrong things christians have done but fundamentally and theologically there is big difference between it and islam.
    Bruh, you not stupid and neither am I. This response is a clear dodge and a far cry from your previous post in this thread. You're pulling th usual christian move, throwing rocks(or should I say stones lol) and then hiding your hands. Ok, maybe your family got away but a shitload of our ancestors didn't. All this white washing hasn't affected me or my folks but it affects a shitload of other american blacks. Your people got on them islands the same way everyone else did. The majority of us were forced and brainwashed into these religions. And you're family recently accepting the religion makes things even worse lol. Them having their ? still in tact, combined with the knowledge of what the brits did. ? is weird don't you think? Why would they willingly join some ? that ? on people who looked like them and stripped them from their homeland? Why would they just drop what they were doing before whites compromised us and most of the world and accept their evil? Maybe it's the same reason why ? are jesus freaks and praise histories most famous misogynist ? till this very day. Even with the knowledge that they have literately destroyed our people.

? is like a ? victim turning around and willingly marrying her ? lol!!!!!!

And the difference between islam is not that big at all. They both are telling the same story but with their own ? upped twisted spins on it. Both have damn near equal amounts of evil and divide. The truth is, both of those religions are really bad offshoots of ancient african creation stories. Stories that were around waaaaaay before the whites and sand ? came up with their twisted versions of of them.
    I love how brainwashed people(especially blacks) don't like to talk about the dark side of their religion. there's more dark than there is light when you really look at it without your eyes being covered. It's done more harm than good.

Lets address how the religion hustle is one of the biggest money makers in the world

Christianity was used to enslave and completely ? on black folks for 100's of years and still is effecting us today.

Islam treats women like ? and their prophet was a ? old child molesting ? .

I can go on and on.

I don't believe the issue is with understanding religion's dark history. It's the overexaggeration of this history. Not every act in the history of mankind has been done in the name of religion.

You say that Christianity enslaved Blacks yet there wouldn't have been a Civil Rights Movement without it.
    You can't be black lol!!!!!!!!!!!! this ? sounds stupid as hell(especially the bold). This is what I mean about christians always wanting to turn a blind eye to their ? ups and always spin ? . The bold seems like some ? a naive sheltered white person would say. Or one of the whites that are in denial about there evil ? history and rather downplay it, sweep it under the rug, or make it seem like it's the victims own fault.

1. I said the worst atrocities in history were in the name of christianity, and other religions as well but mostly christianity. Not everything.

2. There is no over exaggeration of it's dark history. Actually it's watered down in the mainstream. The truth is that religion and all of it's offshoots have done waay evil than good. #FACTS

3. The bold is ? ? and there's no need to even explain why. Either you trolling, turning a blind eye to protect christianity, or your a sheltered white person.

Maybe if you considered in the first sentence I posted, you would see that I am not denying that people are turning a blind eye to history. I only brought up the Civil Rights Movement to make the point there was on one occasion when Christianity brought about some good in spite of the KKK using it for the enslavement of Blacks.

Whatever we see as evil happens. But not all of them are done in the name of religion and that is where the exaggeration comes. Murders in bad neighborhoods go on most of the time and it is almost certain it is not on whether someone is worshipping ? or not. You hear about someone getting killed over a pair of shoes or just being on the wrong side of town.

And I'm not interested in percentages. The evils of the world are still wrong even if only 1% is done out of non-religious motives. Murder is still something we should be against whether it's done by a religious fanatic or a armed robber trying to take something. Yet, your argument makes it seem as if the "armed robber" is the better way out.

You're not interested in percentages when it comes to atrocities often associated with Christians and Christian nations, but it should give one pause when one sees how much evil can be justified by Abrahamic religions. If one chooses to be associated with a thing so tarnished with an evil past, then that's fine lol. I personally can't do it, knowing all the atrocities the Bible co-signs with its own words. And those words ? Black people over for hundreds and hundreds of years. That will always be unforgivable to me.

I'm not interested in percentages in respect to recognizing what is good or evil. It sounds more like you would rather turn the blind eye. Murder is still murder whether a religious fanatic does it or a armed robber does it. You look at the atrocities of religion and fail to see that the evils of the world go on regardless. When the cops shoot and ? an unarmed Black man, I know you are not saying to yourself, "Well, at least he wasn't killed by the Taliban."

I see what you're saying. The only thing that troubled me and some others is that some here suggested religion is the reason people become civilized when research shows it's more because people care about their families and extended kin and wanted to protect them from the masses. Religion on its own does not improve societies, although there are many good Christians and Muslims out there of course.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014

nothing has caused more misery than capitalism. a government being ran by secularism is not necessarily a bad thing what's bad and what weakens a nation is when the population itself is atheists.

Meh IDK, capitalism has done a lot to hurt but it's done a lot of good too. Same with religion, so that's actually something I should think about.

The problem remains though that many of those capitalists were Christians and religious figures historically encouraged the enslavement and barbarity of western empires throughout the world. So atheists existing isn't a big deal, I'm not atheist but why does it matter if many people are atheist? What difference does it make, being religious means nothing as far as morality. Ever heard of the Catholic priests molesting little boys? Being religious means nothing. Some of the most ignorant and dumb people I've ever met were religious, and in jail for all kinds of crazy ?
  • zombie

Meh IDK, capitalism has done a lot to hurt but it's done a lot of good too. Same with religion, so that's actually something I should think about.

The problem remains though that many of those capitalists were Christians and religious figures historically encouraged the enslavement and barbarity of western empires throughout the world. So atheists existing isn't a big deal, I'm not atheist but why does it matter if many people are atheist? What difference does it make, being religious means nothing as far as morality. Ever heard of the Catholic priests molesting little boys? Being religious means nothing. Some of the most ignorant and dumb people I've ever met were religious, and in jail for all kinds of crazy ? ...I'm talking killings and robberies and worse

the fact that the capitalist were Christians has nothing to do with the actual teachings of the religion. because those teachings are usually not obeyed by the people doing the fuckery. if I do something that goes against the teachings of Christ why are you blaming those teachings for my actions.

western styled atheists see the world in a totally materialistic way, they see man as nothing more than animal.

I have told you already this leaves a void in society that is filled with pleasure or nothingness creating empty individuals.
  • zombie
    empty individuals fill themselves with vanity and like Bob Marley said vanity is destruction of your soul.

or they fill themselves with unfocused anger.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014

The problem remains though that many of those capitalists were Christians and religious figures historically encouraged the enslavement and barbarity of western empires throughout the world. So atheists existing isn't a big deal, I'm not atheist but why does it matter if many people are atheist? What difference does it make, being religious means nothing as far as morality. Ever heard of the Catholic priests molesting little boys? Being religious means nothing. Some of the most ignorant and dumb people I've ever met were religious, and in jail for all kinds of crazy ? ...I'm talking killings and robberies and worse

the fact that the capitalist were Christians has nothing to do with the actual teachings of the religion. because those teachings are usually not obeyed by the people doing the fuckery. if I do something that goes against the teachings of Christ why are you blaming those teachings for my actions.

western styled atheists see the world in a totally materialistic way, they see man as nothing more than animal.

I have told you already this leaves a void in society that is filled with pleasure or nothingness creating empty individuals.

You're making generalizations again. There are plenty of non religious people who aren't just hedonists and they often live life to help better other peoples' lives, just like a lot of other people. Bill Gates is atheist and does lots of good around the world. Same with agnostic Warren Buffet and non religious Jay-Z. I'm non religious and know other secular people, most don't seem vain to me. They seem deeper then others if anything. And Christians historically have looked at other people as animals, so there goes that false generalization (again). I've brought up how screwed up so many Christian nations and other religious places are, shall I discuss Christian Honduras having the highest murder rate in the world, along with Christian Central America having one of the highest sexual slavery rates in the world?

Your generalizations are easy to play around with.
  • zombie
    I think you need to research what so called good bill gates is doing around the world because it's anything
  • zombie
    and you are not paying attention to what I am saying, of course I am using generalizations I am talking about societies not the actions of individuals,

what I am basically saying is that there is a general fading away of vibrancy and focus when a population becomes largely atheists.

the individuals you named are anything but deep, Jay-Z would sell his soul for money, I've said this in other threads he is an as whole who sells his friends out when tiny are no longer convenient

and Warren Buffett disowned his daughter because she appeared in a documentary he did not want her to be in.
  • zombie
    there are several shady programs that the gates foundation is involved with world wide
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    and you are not paying attention to what I am saying, of course I am using generalizations I am talking about societies not the actions of individuals,

what I am basically saying is that there is a general fading away of vibrancy and focus when a population becomes largely atheists.

the individuals you named are anything but deep, Jay-Z would sell his soul for money, I've said this in other threads he is an as whole who sells his friends out when tiny are no longer convenient

and Warren Buffett disowned his daughter because she appeared in a documentary he did not want her to be in.

LOL....

How do you explain the many Christian nations with rampant, high murder and crime rates, that also happen to be in huge poverty? Where's the vibrancy and focus in religious Honduras, where sexual slavery (just like many parts of religious Central America) is running wild? Where unemployment is 65%?

And for someone who hates atheists so much, your Christian ? has done a horrible job showing his face to the world and revealing himself. Face it, your Christian ? is a phony, fraudulent, good for nothing being that died a long time ago and isn't coming back. Maybe Vishnu, Apollo, Zeus, or Hercules can step up to the plate. Christian women are also the biggest ? from my experience. Most Christian women don't take their fradulent religion seriously But they're very vibrant and focused in bed though lol

And with that, it's too easy now. This will be my last post in this thread. America is becoming less and less religious by the day, that's enough satisfaction for me.

*rolls a victory joint*
  • zombie

LOL....

How do you explain the many Christian nations with rampant, high murder and crime rates, that also happen to be in huge poverty? Where's the vibrancy and focus in religious Honduras, where sexual slavery (just like many parts of religious Central America) is running wild? Where unemployment is 65%?

And for someone who hates atheists so much, your Christian ? has done a horrible job showing his face to the world and revealing himself. Face it, your Christian ? is a phony, fraudulent, good for nothing being that died a long time ago and isn't coming back. Maybe Vishnu, Apollo, Zeus, or Hercules can step up to the plate. Christian women are also the biggest ? from my experience. Most Christian women don't take their fradulent religion seriously But they're very vibrant and focused in bed though lol

And with that, it's too easy now. This will be my last post in this thread. America is becoming less and less religious by the day, that's enough satisfaction for me.

*rolls a victory joint*

butt hurt post from the typical pathetic atheists handbook
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL....

*rolls a victory joint*
    Glad somebody else pointed it out. Most of the so called religious people barley even follow they ? and this is 100% fact. I don't want to hear that hippie talk about "straying from the path", the devil is pulling us away", following ? is hard" and "? will forgive me" etc etc. That alone turns many people away lol.

Honestly, I've grew up around and seen too much of this ? . I don't take any of these people serious because 90% aint bout that life like they claim they are. Most people I know(and I'm not the only one) that were brought up in religions strayed after we grew up. A lot flat out stopped ? with it. They remind me of in the closet ? or girls who do lesbian ? and claim they not lesbian lol. Anyway, he just can't see that him and his small population of "different type of ? /christians" are adding to the confusion. He talking about "well, the way we look at christianity is the right way". Meanwhile other groups of christians are saying the same thing about the way they go about following the religion. Why are their so many factions and people with their own beliefs? which one is correct? Hell, which bible is correct? It's funny because a muslim, catholic, buddhist, Scientologiest, mormon, jehovah's witness, jew, etc etc Will all say that christians are wrong. LOL at the word of ? constantly being changed around.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can man corrupt something he created in order to hide his corruption. It has a corrupt foundation in dishonesty.
  • _Nat Turner_
    _Nat Turner_ Members Posts: 3
    Religion in itself is corrupt, because anytime you have man trying to interpret the word of "? " theres corruption. Christianity was created to control the masses just like all other organized religions and are false teachings. I also question any black person who claims to be christian.
  • zombie
    Trashboat wrote: »
    @pissedoffnobody

You always do this, it's like you are incapable of having a discussion with out using red hearings in your arguments. where the ? did I ever advocate genocide for any body??? the destruction of fundamentalist islam is not genocide no more than the destruction of facisim was. IT was the total MILITARY,POLITICAL AND SOCIAL defeat of an ideology, that's what we have to do with fundamentalist islam and anyway the Nazis were never under serious threat from the jews so your comparison has no legs to stand on.

China is communist only in governmental structure in reality china is a capitalist one party state, Russia is not the same threat it used to be Russia is not seeking to control the whole planet anymore they just want their own sphere of influence to remain untouched. These are bad comparisons, china and Russia are nations not religious ideologies.

as for our own citizens no matter what they are still American citizens and should fall under our system of law, So that's why we should not go rounding up people who pose potential domestic threats and ? them.

Your arguments are pathetic, fundamentalist islam is the worst of all human ideologies there Is no mercy in it unlike Christianity which is always fighting within itself trying to correct itself when it strays from the spirit of the intentions of it's creators. Islam does not fix itself it continues it's barbarism of slavery, woman beating, chopping heads off and being intolerant of even other kinds of Islamic worship.

You can't even spell herring right.

That does not detract from his point
    attacking spelling rather than his argument is fallacious

ironically it's a bit of a red herring

Literacy and coherency are indicators of a processed and develop intellect.

His point is based on dogma and ignorant rhetoric based off selective storytelling to diminish the pagan pantheism of Egypt while adapting their culture and adapting it. Might as well call himself Marc Anthony and smash the Sphinx's nose off.

If it is a red herring on my part, it is because I am fishing in shallow and fake waters for any relevancy and truth.

man would you shut the ? up a red herring is a red herring period you lack the ability to stay on target in a discussion. you want the truth i will give you the truth

? exist and we choose to believe what we believe that simple truth goes for all people theist and atheist
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    @pissedoffnobody

You always do this, it's like you are incapable of having a discussion with out using red hearings in your arguments. where the ? did I ever advocate genocide for any body??? the destruction of fundamentalist islam is not genocide no more than the destruction of facisim was. IT was the total MILITARY,POLITICAL AND SOCIAL defeat of an ideology, that's what we have to do with fundamentalist islam and anyway the Nazis were never under serious threat from the jews so your comparison has no legs to stand on.

China is communist only in governmental structure in reality china is a capitalist one party state, Russia is not the same threat it used to be Russia is not seeking to control the whole planet anymore they just want their own sphere of influence to remain untouched. These are bad comparisons, china and Russia are nations not religious ideologies.

as for our own citizens no matter what they are still American citizens and should fall under our system of law, So that's why we should not go rounding up people who pose potential domestic threats and ? them.

Your arguments are pathetic, fundamentalist islam is the worst of all human ideologies there Is no mercy in it unlike Christianity which is always fighting within itself trying to correct itself when it strays from the spirit of the intentions of it's creators. Islam does not fix itself it continues it's barbarism of slavery, woman beating, chopping heads off and being intolerant of even other kinds of Islamic worship.

His point is based on dogma and ignorant rhetoric based off selective storytelling to diminish the pagan pantheism of Egypt while adapting their culture and adapting it. Might as well call himself Marc Anthony and smash the Sphinx's nose off.

If it is a red herring on my part, it is because I am fishing in shallow and fake waters for any relevancy and truth.

man would you shut the ? up a red herring is a red herring period you lack the ability to stay on target in a discussion. you want the truth i will give you the truth

? exist and we choose to believe what we believe that simple truth goes for all people theist and atheist

Actually we don't know if he does or does not exist. However, we choose to believe in ? based on faith. That's why I believe in ? because personally there has to be something after death. Plus he's helped me through things. Now that doesn't mean we have hard and stone evidence that there is a ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pissedoffnobody

Literacy and coherency are skills that are largely knowledge based and knowledge is a biased measure of intelligence

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Will repost when the stupid pics actually work lol.