Jennette McCurdy Disses Andre Drummond Again

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Jennette McCurdy is dissing her ex again, this time on Twitter.

In what has become known as her trademark outspoken style, McCurdy recently told the world that “sometimes I look at old photographs of my ex and I cry because he was so ugly.”

Pretty much everyone assumed McCurdy was referring to ex-boyfriend and NBA star Andre Drummond.

McCurdy, 22, and Drummond, 20, dated briefly in September 2013 after meeting via social media. She was his #WednesdayWomanCrush on Instagram and she turned the tables soon after by tagging Drummond as her #MondayManCrush.

Before the two hooked up, McCurdy did a little research on Drummond’s Twitter timeline:

“… judging by the amount of me-related posts he had shared, it seemed he had been expressing his crush on me for quite some time. I found it sweet, gutsy, and flattering,” she said.

A native of Mount Vernon, New York who attended high school and college in Connecticut, Drummond has played center for the Detroit Pistons since 2012.

Their relationship progressed from a private message on Twitter to text messages to phone conversations to daily FaceTime chats. Eventually Drummond traveled from Detroit to California to meet McCurdy.

McCurdy had her doubts about a face to face meeting, but at the time she said it went well:

“Overall, the Andre Drummond I got to know in person is the same person he projects online,” she revealed.

After the break-up, however, McCurdy claimed the couple’s first kiss didn’t go well:

“… it wasn’t great. It didn’t go great. No sparks and the mouth … the shapes weren’t right.”

McCurdy rose to fame on Nikelodeon’s iCarly, starring opposite Miranda Cosgrove from 2007 to 2012. In 2013 she landed a title role on the network’s spin-off Sam & Cat alongside Ariana Grande.

Network executives halted production on the sitcom earlier this year soon after scantily-clad selfies of McCurdy began circulating online. McCurdy insisted that the hold-up was due to compensation disputes versus the photos.

Paradoxically, when she’s not dissing her exes and generally being brutally, sometimes offensively honest on social media, McCurdy has some wise and impressively well-written words about living in the Internet age:

“BE CUTE, social media tells us. BE CLEVER. BE A STAR. LIVE YOUR LIFE IN A WAY THAT MAKES YOU SEEM LIKE EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE IS INTERESTING,” she writes.

“What’s a lot more interesting, turns out, are the moments not posed enough for pictures, witty enough for jokes, or polished enough to be sent to the world. The nuances and subtleties of life that cannot be translated in a way that the world will care to follow are precisely the best parts of life that exist.”

Comments