Boardwalk Empire FINAL SEASON

Options

Comments

• Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Im the only that thought
    it was over after 3 seasons at first? Final episode season 3,final scene, nucky on the boardwalk with his suit from the intro(first time), most things covered after the war(setting up rothstein,knew his true friends etc), keeping everything on the downlow/stay out the public eye/spotlight etc

still season 4 was the ? and I cant wait for s.5
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was time to End, Chauky hiding, two face gone, jimmy gone. If you focus on Chicago and New York you move too far away from Nucky its weakens the show as the show moves through his story/eyes.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats yall favorite season thus far? mine is 3 with gyp rosetti dude was a hilarious nut

and the scene when capone walks up to help knuck get back at rosetti was goat

ib0ZDMB64EW5MG.gif
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats yall favorite season thus far? mine is 3 with gyp rosetti dude was a hilarious nut

ib0ZDMB64EW5MG.gif

Season 3 could have been a whole lot better if they didn't focus on Margrate so much
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard to pick between 2,3 and 4
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard to pick between 2,3 and 4
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta catch up on the last season. But surprised this is getting ended.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall trippin with the "its time for it to end" comments... there is so much more they could do with this.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I completely understand why they did Richard the way they did, but man it hurt. It hurt so bad, worse than any other TV death I think. It ? me up. He only wanted his soul back, he wanted his humanity back, and they took all of it from him in the worst way possible.

? damn... I hate even thinking about it.

Only my ? Gannicus had it as bad.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    4>2>1>3

This is exactly my ranking. main reason being that season 4 saw more time and attention being placed on the secondary cast (chalky, capone, vanalden, rothstein) rather than the primary lead. nucky thompson, while brilliantly acted by buscemi, was never as interesting or captivating as many of the supporting characters. also coupled with the fact that margaret wasnt seen or heard from until the 6th episode essentially caused season 4 to just propel ahead
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why I think it needs a sixth season: they wasted so much ? time on Margaret for literally NO ? REASON that I feel we're owed an equal amount of time spent on other characters of worth.

Truthfully, I feel like this is a Rome situation where the show costs too much to continue as opposed to it being a lack of subject matter. You literally have the fathers of the American Italian Mafia on this show at the beginning of their rises to the top, but suddenly there's not enough content to go beyond five seasons?

This is an economic end. Period.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    I completely understand why they did Richard the way they did, but man it hurt. It hurt so bad, worse than any other TV death I think. It ? me up. He only wanted his soul back, he wanted his humanity back, and they took all of it from him in the worst way possible.

? damn... I hate even thinking about it.

Only my ? Gannicus had it as bad.

It sucked seeing Gannicus get crucified like that... But Richard accidentally shooting Maybelle, the LAST thing he would have ever wanted to do... That was horrible. He didn't even get to die with his soul intact. He did save Tommy, but he ultimately lost his redemption.

He had a shot at a normal life, with a good woman that would love him away from all the filth and the violence of Atlantic City... but he had to do just more job...
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Like I already didn't really give a ? about Walking Dead, but I remember watching it after Richard died, and not even being able to give a ? about all the "emotional" moments the show tried to inspire. Carl cried, I laughed.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Boardwalk Empire is ending now a few reason

1. The show cost a lot to make. From the wardrobes, the extras, to the sets

2. The rating aren't good enough for the amount of money HBO is putting into it. If it was doing True Blood or Game of Throne numbers it would be on for more season

3. They're realized that they've drifted further and further away each season from the whole concept of "The Boardwalk"

4. Scorsese and Terence Winter don't want to do it any more. They want to move on and start a new HBO series about Rock in the 70s with Bobby Cannavale (Gyp Rosetti)
  • Will Munny
    Options
    BE is going to be one of the slept on shows of our generation. It has it's faults (as does every TV show ever made) but all in all it's phenomenal show. People who can't relate to BE will just never be tight with me, even tho Jimmy cream pied his moms.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boardwalk Empire is ending now a few reason

1. The show cost a lot to make. From the wardrobes, the extras, to the sets

2. The rating aren't good enough for the amount of money HBO is putting into it. If it was doing True Blood or Game of Throne numbers it would be on for more season

Those are really the only 2 reasons they are ending it. Ppl dont realize how expensive those sets are to create. Recreating the 1920s boardwalk down to every detail cost a grip.

N its not so much the ratings, its more the awards n ? . HBO expects BE to be killing it at the emmys every year, but its not.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    BE is going to be one of the slept on shows of our generation. It has it's faults (as does every TV show ever made) but all in all it's phenomenal show. People who can't relate to BE will just never be tight with me, even tho Jimmy cream pied his moms.

let's be real tho...this is a hard show to get into at first. even with the content being about gangsters & ? which everybody loves, it's a slow burn & a lotta exposition.

& nucky thompson/steve buscemi as the lead character is kinda off putting cuz he's not the reason we watch the show. so somebody trying this out probly won't get why they gotta see so much of him since he's not really that interesting.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The show sucked me in like good ? right from the first episode idk wtf y'all talking bout

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    5 seasons and it's a wrap? FOH....this show could easily do 8-9 seasons.
    That's the problem with most american run tv shows. They run ? into the ground trying to hit 10+ seasons and ? ends up wack, cancelled or ending in a way that doesn't satisfy fans

That is usually the case,but usually the show goes down by season 3

BE hasn't went off the rails yet so it had a few more seasons left in it

They were never planning on ending it this fast and I feel they'll have to rush to an end

I could have done at least 3 more seasons of this show
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ib0ZDMB64EW5MG.gif

I just finished season 3. When i saw this scene i was like AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIT!!!

Just started season 4 yesterday. Richard is such a bad ass. That ? he did at the end of season 3 was GOAT.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season 4 sucked because of how it ended.
    How the ? son shooting ? from across the street but miss when he in the same room?
  • themadlionsfan
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Season 4 sucked because of how it ended.
    How the ? son shooting ? from across the street but miss when he in the same room?
    He didn't miss...he hesitated because of an injury. He was shot in the hand earlier in the season and had trouble lining up the shot. When he finally did Mable stepped in his line of sight. If Mable would have stepped in the line of fire he would have got Narcisse. Also the underling story for Richard Harrow is how he wasn't interested nor had the stomach to ? anymore. He just wanted to take his girlfriend and Tommy and live a normal life, but there are something you just can't come back from.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    One of my favorite scenes right here

http://youtu.be/isWVb0mbhmY