THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options
big_chris67
big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
So the Bulls added Pau Gasol, the euro sensation Mirotic, Rookie Dougie McBuckets who has been killing it in summer league, resigned Kirk Hinrich and last but not least FINALLY used the amnesty clause and ? !!!! The East is wide open now with Lebron going home, Lance Stephenson going to Charlotte, Miami expected to fall off, Brooklyn losing Pierce the East is there for the taking.

Comments

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If healthy....bulls are the beast of the east......
    Only question is drose...will he be healthy?
    Will noah have those nick nack injuries?

They need 3 point shooters
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    If healthy....bulls are the beast of the east......
    Only question is drose...will he be healthy?
    Will noah have those nick nack injuries?

They need 3 point shooters

McDermott
    Dunleavy
    Snell
    Mirotic

They should be fine from 3
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Bench is going to be as good as it was the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 seasons

Taj, Hinrich can keep the defense maintained

McBuckets, Mirotic and hopefully Snell, will keep them from having those 4+ mins scoring drought

Only thing that still missing is another go getter like Rose, kinda wish they would have kept DJ
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah we need someone like dj or Nate just in case rose ain't rose like the old but man I'm feeling great about this season. Especially since East is so wide open
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All my #BullsNation# advocates stand up
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Who is our starting small forward?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Who is our starting small forward?

Probably Dunleavy
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As of right now, it's looking like

PG Rose/Hinrich
    SG Butler/Snell
    SF Dunleavy/McBuckets
    PF Gasol/Gibson/Mirotic
    C Noah
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls Nation lets goo the east is ours for the taking!!!

Rose gotta stay healthy is the main key once again

Mcbuckets and Mirtoc gotta live up to potential

and Jimmy B gotta step it up more offensively give us at least 18 ppg

I still think we need one more wing player though mainly a Point Guard. Who is left on the market thats in our range?

2rhtk3s.jpg

2lad45j.jpg
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rigga checking in... not comfortable with this offseason at all given the potential moves that could have been made, but it is what it is. I really hope Jimmy takes his game to the next level that ? needs O
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also can't wait to see how much better Gasol actually is than ? . I was looking forward to Taj starting this year and we get some help at the 2, but crackas gon ?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly if Jimmy could get 16ppg while being more efficient would be great. With a healthy Rose, something resembling an inside post game, those shots should be wider open than they've ever been. Shoot maybe 48% from the field and maybe 39% from beyond the arc. And there's no reason for him to not shoot at least 80% from FT. All those percentages are more than doable when he basically shot that his second season.

Just like Derrick when them shooters are on the floor that lane should be open, draw contact and hit those shots.

As I said in the NBA thread.. That rotation between the big men should have the first and second units eating, especially in the East. Between PF and C:

Gibson 26
    Mirotic 16
    Noah 28
    Gasol 26

If the conditioning is on par and that shot is falling for Niko and Dougie they should get near 20 mins a game by ASW.. Noah and Gasol to a certain extent should be properly rested come post season.

I really appreciate the idea of Gasol being able to mentor Niko with his post game while he adds more muscle.

This ? Snell just needs not to hesitate and play defense. If he's being aggressive and allowing Derrick to trust him no need for him or Hinrich to shy away from him when he wide open for that corner 3.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I need to see how nicki plays. Only heard that he can shoot, is he able of playing some SF?
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to see how nicki plays. Only heard that he can shoot, is he able of playing some SF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6aeceOOfnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhRDGLQA0yY

He is a stretch 4 Kinda reminds me of Dirk for real though, If he can play like this in the NBA our front court is gonna be deadly. All he needs is some time under thibs to improve on defense
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our depth in the front court ridiculous, so many different lineups Thibs can put out on the court. Definitely going to be our advantage over the rest of the East.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-a-sjc.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10563103_10100748775040945_8181653734644461761_n.jpg[/img]
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I know Pau don't give a ? about his appearance sometimes.. but I hope he stays with a haircut, beard trimmed.. always looking like a damn farm animal.

h3DDC1911
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gasol may not be the most physical player and his 'toughness' will only go so far but you cant deny his talent and his height he is better than ? on both ends of the court at half the price --- cant have rose be the sole individual stressor of defenses this year so i hope they play similar to how they played when rose went down and let noah or pau handle some playmaking

it would have been cool if they addressed the wings but understanding how the cap works its better to roll the dice on your first round pick from last year tony snell making the jump that jimmy did in his second season than throwing money to players in FA that has proved to benefit low level players while handcuffing high level players

every team is gonna have a weakness not just chicago it just so happens their issues will be on the wing but they probably have one of the best frontcourt situations in the nba

no team is perfect except maybe s.a

and im not giving up on jimmy either he was the opposite of rose from years ago when rose was the only option on O except jimmy was the only option on D --- if he wasnt asked to score it wouldnt have mattered but they had him out there putting it on the floor and trying to make something happen which is not his strength all the while ? out the other team best perimeter player

he can hit the corner 3 and slash with the best of them which is why snell needs to step up so they can move jimmy to the 3

cant forget my dog white melo

i caught some games of doug in college and seen him score in a lot of ways

seen him drive it
    seen him step back
    seen him do the dirk fadeaway
    and i seen him score from the post

defensively i see him picking up thibs system faster than most rookies because everything i read tells me he is a great team defender which is the system thibs runs + the best thing that can happen is for the bulls to have 2 defenders down low and their weak defenders up top so thibs can easily hide doug if jo and taj are out there

and i wont even get into how hyped i am about the boy niko cause my fingers tired but im glad pau said one of the reasons he said he chose the bulls was so he can help mitotic out i forgot they knew each other from spain

so much happening organically who needs free agency bad teams rely on that
  • ckfree
    Options
    gonna ask father pfleger from saint sabina next time i see him how many prayers he think it take for ? to answer some ? because its gonna be hard watching d rose play this season

every fall
    twitch
    or grimace

smh
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This season will probably end at the ECF. Even if Rose stays healthy and we get a bench mob, long minutes are going to wear down the starters by the end of the playoffs and Hinrich, though an intelligent PG and devoted defender, will not provide adequate offensive support when Rose needs rest.

I ain't even being a cynic about this. I hope we see Spurs vs. Bulls in the Finals but it's a scramble in the East.

GarPax just needs to stay out of Thibs' way.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i think chicago and cleveland are the top 2 seeds

free for all after that and a lot of those teams are pretty even with each other

guess it comes down to injuries and even then you gotta throw chicago with rose and cleveland with lyrie in that hat too
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    I'm already ready for the season

October couldn't come any faster
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long before Thibs karate chops Pau across the chest like Phil?