THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    so according to kc johnson the bulls had to impose a CONSECUTIVE MINUTE LIMIT FOR KIRK HINRICH because thibs loves him so much

Where u see that at?

I follow him on Twitter but didn't see that
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-bulls-thibodeau-nba-20150515-story.html

they were talking about it on the radio on 670 it was in his column
    There was more to it than just the minutes and restrictions on drills, however. The league source indicated that certain key Bulls players were told by personnel in training camp on more than one occasion that Thibodeau didn’t have their best interest in mind and wasn’t looking out for them long-term.

“It was the ultimate ‘us against him’ act.’’ the source said.

Last week, a Bulls player not only confirmed that, but said Rose was one of those players, and to the guard’s credit “never stopped standing by Thibs.’’

“With so much that was on the line this season? I feel like it was a [bleep] thing for [the front office] to do,’’ the player said. “Last I checked it wasn’t Thibs that gave Lu [Luol Deng] a spinal tap.’’

http://chicago.suntimes.com/basketball/7/71/609136/tom-thibodeau-bulls

my front runner on who said that is nazr with taj and jo as dark horses
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Niko made all rookie 1st team
  • ckfree
    Options
    2u6fbjp.jpg

a lot of disturbing ? coming out including players leaving chicago to get away from thibs in the offseason lmao definitely time for a change -- i always did wonder why i always read how deng was at the berto center in the summer and everybody else somewhere else

33jlqhz.jpg

hopefully we reading some ? like this come next year and if the next head coach has a falling out with management the onus should fall on garpax and there should be consequences or they can just come down to coach the team themselves
  • ckfree
    Options
    hopefully kirk sees the writing on the wall, declines his option and rejoins thibs somewhere else -- id much rather see snell sleep on the floor than kirk ever again
  • ckfree
    Options
    https://animoto.com/play/aJHuNG7vty5yAmPRFdleCw

DONT MOVE TO CHICAGO FRED

THEY HAVE CARS

AND CROWDS!!!!

lol @ that portion of the song dedicated to how trash the bears are
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hoiberg hopefully is healthy enough to coach in the NBA.
  • ckfree
    Options
    let the era of fred hoiberg commence

i really believe fred is gonna come in and better utilize mcdermott and mirotic (even snell) right away and improve the bulls offense but the last chicago team that went from a defensive coach to an offensive coach was the bears and we got trestman out of that deal

please dont be trestman
    please dont be trestman
    please dont be trestman

interesting to see who he picks as his assistants
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls were already built for defense. As long as Hoiberg utilizes the young talent, and keeps the defense above average with more offensive fire power Bulls will take the east. Who you think we should take in the draft? I think a center or a PG
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Make that a true SG instead of a PG, but Brooks laid an egg and I hated the way he plays
  • ckfree
    Options
    never thought that jo game would last much past the age of 30 (even without injuries) -- i felt like his game was based on superior athleticism and with little margin for error so in my eyes just the natural decline in athleticism from age 25 to 30 was likely to be the differentiating factor in his game -- the knee injury seems to have sealed his fate i think

unless jo bounces back i see him being limited in hoiberg system and pau isnt a good fit altogether -- ironically with more and more teams spreading the floor and playing smaller and quicker lineups -- i see taj fitting in well but hes the one most likely to get moved of the 3

so if taj gets moved itll likely be for a wing player, pau will be turning 35 in july and jo looking shaky heading into FA -- i think they have to go with a big in the draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt5McHmIKg

you already know how garpax do theyre not into taking chances drafting underclassmen with upside that they can develop but im all for drafting christian woods from unlv his skill set crazy

an absolute pipe dream offseason move id love to see the bulls do is somehow prying harrison barnes away from the warriors -- still only 22 -- he and butler would make a nice defensive combo and he dont need the ball to be sucessful but can do so if needed
  • ckfree
    Options
    im really sick of the 2 tiny guard backcourts of hinrich/gordon/rose/lucas/pargo/watson/augustin/brooks that seem to be created out of a desperate need for offense and shooting -- i think the bulls really need to add a tall combo guard if they can -- it would give them options to limit rose minutes and give them someone who could play WITH rose at the 2

an exception could be made if nate came back though i would even give bev a look if he gave the bulls that k town discount

love what they bring to a team
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    superior athleticism

Noah athletic? He is akward and plays bo legged. I thought he actually overachieved in his career
  • ckfree
    Options
    superior athleticism for his size

jo might have never had the raw measurables but there are other aspects of athleticism than just who jumps the highest or runs the fastest

agility
    mobility
    coordination
    etc

now he never was a player who just relied on a lot of athleticism to get his work done but the maximization of his athleticism to go along with his motor is what made him so good throughout his bulls career (as unconventional as it may have looked)
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bobby Portis Twitter page came back to haunt him. This ? , here
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All that social media BS aside, it was a steal of a pick going BPA.. GarPaxBerg gonna have to make some decisions with the front court and move one or two guys to help on the wing and back court depth.
  • ckfree
    Options
    look like we will get a back up pg with the vet min

the bulls seriously need to offer kirk a job within the organization make him in charge of raffle ticket sales or whatever so it can free up more money
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People saying the Bulls got a steal so we'll see within the next year or two with Noah entering his last year and Pau getting closer to retirement
  • ckfree
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2490872-after-tough-childhood-bobby-portis-has-become-drafts-most-intriguing-sleeper

After Tough Childhood, Bobby Portis Has Become Draft's Most Intriguing Sleeper

im bout to go read up everything i can about him and watch a couple of his videos -- i never heard of him up until he got drafted
  • 9TRAY
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    look like we will get a back up pg with the vet min

the bulls seriously need to offer kirk a job within the organization make him in charge of raffle ticket sales or whatever so it can free up more money

Kirk gonna' be groomed as Pax' replacement in the future
  • 9TRAY
    Options
    Bulls GM Gar Forman on Rose and Butler: 'I haven't seen (friction)'

w640xh480_USPW_496241.jpg?ts=1422680193

Fret not, Chicago Bulls fans. There's no beef between Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler.

The two All-Star guards were reportedly at odds with one another during the Bulls' playoff run. As reported by Dan Bernstein of CBS Chicago, Rose's passive showing during the Bulls' final playoff game stemmed from Butler's emergence as their top scorer.

Butler led the Bulls in scoring at 22.9, with Rose trailing at 20.3 per game. However, Rose saw more of the ball and used more possessions, topping Butler in usage percentage at 29.1 to 24.1 percent.

With Butler's status as a restricted free agent this summer, there's some concern over the viability of the pair's future in Chicago. With Rose already tied to a maximum contract, keeping Butler in town could make for awkwardness.

However, Forman put those worries to rest on Friday.

"I haven't seen (friction)," said general manager Gar Forman, as relayed by K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

"In all our minds, you've got two guys who can attack, want to run, can play off the dribble and playmake for themselves and others. They haven't had a chance to do it a whole lot because of the injuries. But there's no reason those two shouldn't be able to play at a high level and be one of the best backcourts in the league."

Newly-minted head coach Fred Hoiberg echoed Forman's sentiments.

"I think they complement each other beautifully," Hoiberg said of Rose and Butler. "I'm looking forward to trying to put those guys in great spots where they can continue to be All-Star-caliber players."

With any concerns of chemistry put to rest, the Bulls can now concentrate on re-signing Butler. The 25-year-old is reportedly seeking a short-term contract after coming off a career-year in which he averaged 20 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.8 steals this season while shooting 37.8 percent from deep.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/786636

via @theScore
  • ckfree
    Options
    dont nobody anywhere had a single thing to say about rose and butler 'beefing' in the backcourt until four days AFTER they had been eliminated from the playoffs in embarrassing fashion -- its only beef when a team loses before that nothing -- its like people who claim to be prophetic but only sense a current tragedy after it happened -- they soak it up and say they felt something was going to happen

this ? done got spoken into existence unless jimmy gambles on himself again and accepts the qualifying offer and plays out this year so he can become a unrestricted FA next year

two years ago cp3 and blake hated each other and now its cp3 and deandre

winning solves everything so they just have to win -- if jimmy decides he wants to leave in a couple years it will be because the team is not winning -- in which case i wouldnt give a ? because i will probably want everybody gone anyway