Cheap Seats Top 10 Players of All Time (The NBA Edition) #5 Player in NBA History

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
Here's how it works. In this thread we will vote and debate who the top 10 NBA players of all time are and eventually conclude with a consensus top 10 by simply voting players in these positions from 1 down to 10. We'll start today with number 1 and work our way down the list. When a player is added to the list I will replace him with another worthy of that slot. You can choose to nominate a player to be added to the mix in your comment.

1.Michael Jordan
2.Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3.Magic Johnson
4.Bill Russell

Cheap Seats Top 10 Players of All Time (The NBA Edition) #5 Player in NBA History 30 votes

Tim Duncan
10%
gman82Mister B.Vader_F_Kennedy 3 votes
Oscar Roberson
3%
dbrazil412 1 vote
Lebron James
6%
af.r.i.c.a.Parallel 2 votes
Kobe Bryant
40%
playmaker88Focal Pointthe ghostjoeyfkncrakkt_m_a_c_f_a_n73088BDBIIDNothingButTheTruth_Menace_blu197TrillfateSuperSoakerericb4prez 12 votes
Larry Bird
23%
dalyricalbanditalmighty breezeinfamous114DOPEdweebzits....JOHN BWiseGuyyKneeGro_DuperMan 7 votes
Shaquille O'Neal
0%
Wilt Chamberlain
13%
dallas' 4 evaIbexS.jR.Jonah 2.0 4 votes
Hakeem Olajuwon
3%
zerocool 1 vote
Jerry West
0%
Julius Erving
0%

Comments

• SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    It's Kobe or Duncan.

I'm a suns fan and both these ? buried us the last decade but Kobe made my 13 year old self cry (game 4 in LA he hit the game tying lay up then the fade away in OT short corner)

Duncan is consistent and a monster the type of player who didn't seem like he was dominating the game but the stat sheet would say like 42-16 ? would be nuts.

But watching Kobe you always felt something special was going to happen. For sure the best two players of the last decade.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all voted magic over russell?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Larry Legend
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Beta wrote: »
    Y'all voted magic over russell?

List already all ? up
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    List been flawed since Magic got that #3 spot... Should be

1)MJ
    2)Kareem
    3/4)Bird
    3/4)Wilt
    5)Kobe/Magic
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Bird
    The Whiteboy
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Bird over magic would be blasphemy

GTFOH with the bill Simmons rhetoric
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    If he ain't 4 he's definitely 5
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Nah Whiteboy put that work in. Magic had the illest advantage on the planet
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Bird was doing Bron ? & he's nowhere near as athletic as Bron
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Lebron James
    Nah Whiteboy put that work in. Magic had the illest advantage on the planet

? ??
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    LOL. Chill!!
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Lebron James
    Bird was doing Bron ? & he's nowhere near as athletic as Bron

So your saying Bird>>Bron??
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    For right now, yeah
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    If Bron wins two more rings tho, then I may reconsider
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Lebron James
    If Bron wins two more rings tho, then I may reconsider

I can respect that. I would take him over Bird tho based on the fact that Lebron is playing in a tougher era.. not tough in a sense of physical play but tough as in the amount of talent in the league and the teams he had to play to get to the finals and win those 2 rings. His stats will blow Birds out the water when it's all said and done and I've only seem Bird play on ESPN classics so i can't really compare them too much skill wise but Lebron is the most gifted player I've ever seen and that includes MJ Kobe Shaq Hakeem ect.. If he's not in your top 5 now he will be a few years from now. I just think he's already accomplished enough for me to put him in the mix as is but I'm probably in the minority with that
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Larry Legend
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Lebron's approach to the game of basketball plus his stats plus the rangs makes him top 10. He's clearly better than Magic imo. But he ain't better than Larry Legend yet. Larry was doing what LeBron was doing, minus the athleticism.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Lebron James
    Lebron's approach to the game of basketball plus his stats plus the rangs makes him top 10. He's clearly better than Magic imo. But he ain't better than Larry Legend yet. Larry was doing what LeBron was doing, minus the athleticism.

So I have to dock Lebron because of his athleticism? Larry had squad his whole career and his played in a weaker era.. Bird and Magic is basically a toss up and like you said Lebron is clearly better then Magic.. I don't wanna get disrespectful but Bird ain't ? with Lebron and I hold no bias.. as a matter of fact I ? hate Lebron but it is what it is..
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    Options
    Larry Bird
    Nah I ain't saying you gotta dock anything. I'm just speaking how I feel about it.
  • blu197
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    I don't get how Bird played in the weaker era when he faced Bad boy Pistons/MJ Bulls/Wilkins Hawks/Dr.J&Mosses&Barkley 76ers/Ewing&King Knicks/Great Bucks Team/Lakers who two top 10 players Alltime and 3 Hall of famers overall/Hakeem Rockets/Malone Jazz/Reggie Pacers ect..

but Lebron plays in a tougher era that has more completion tho? In today's East you don't even have to win 60 games to be a number 1 seed and winning 30 games will get u in the playoffs..
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Lebron James
    blu197 wrote: »
    I don't get how Bird played in the weaker era when he faced Bad boy Pistons/MJ Bulls/Wilkins Hawks/Dr.J&Mosses&Barkley 76ers/Ewing&King Knicks/Great Bucks Team/Lakers who two top 10 players Alltime and 3 Hall of famers overall/Hakeem Rockets/Malone Jazz/Reggie Pacers ect..

but Lebron plays in a tougher era that has more completion tho? In today's East you don't even have to win 60 games to be a number 1 seed and winning 30 games will get u in the playoffs..

the overall talent level in the NBA is as good as it's ever been and you really can't argue that. The game has evolved and so have the players. Those were great teams you named no doubt but they were all led by one or two star players for the most part. In today's game you basically need a big 3 to be competitive ie Spurs/Heat/OKC/GSW/LAC look at a team like Houston who arguably have 2 of the best 10 players in the game and they aren't considered title contenders until they find another star which Is crazy. The 80s was basically dominated by two teams(Lakers/Celtics) and the 90s was Jordan's but if you place those teams in this current era no way they win as many titles which speaks volumes to how awesome Kobe and Duncan are... ? maybe I should have voted for one of them.. point is teams are loaded with talented players nowadays and the level of competition is thru the roof.. There were no players like Rose..Westbrook.. AD... Durant 20 years ago.. The Europeans have added a new dimension to the game and upped the overall skill level. The game is so far advanced and for Lebron to be the cream of the crop says a lot. What's scary about Lebron.. and this might come off as a little disrespectful but ? it.. when he's 35/36 and he's lost a step or 2 and cant jump as high as he is now.. I think he's going to be as good as Magic was in his prime.
  • blu197
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    That big 3 talk hurts your argument, everyone teaming together shows the lack of real leaders and if most of the stars are on a few teams how does that make the league as a whole more deep when about only 4 teams are real contenders? And in today's game you don't need a big 3 "to be competitive" who won the title in 2011? And even when the Lakers won in 09-10 Gasol was the only other All-Star besides Kobe....

And how wasn't there players like AD when there were guys like C-Webb and Sheed better than him and the greatest athlete to ever play PF (Malone) was active?... And for Russ,Rose and KD you can give me Penny,Payton and Drexler and have possibly more OVERALL talent
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Can't vote for ? I ain't see play
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant
    Two syllables Ko•Be