Interview with Mark Henry on Why The WWE Hasn't Had More Black Champions

Options
2»

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get why he said... "Honestly, I could not do it. I told them: 'I can't do that. I got two little black kids at home.'"

..When he was clearly being called silverback.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KAMALA AND SON - WWE NO PLACE FOR A BLACK MAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZYvpexGNg
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems to me the only time black wrestlers get pushed heavily to the main event scene or as World Champion is when controversy is involved which is ? up. Look at the controversy & why Ron Simmons became WCW Champion in 1992. Look at the reason why Lashley left WWE. Look at the promos for Booker T/HHH in 2003 during their WM feud. So you can't tell me something isn't up when it comes to African-Americans being World Champions in wrestling.

I got Mark Henry's point but at the same time it's like, "C'MON SON". He just went the safe route so he could keep collecting them WWE checks. I know he ain't forget the situation with Michael Hayes. As long as Vince continues to run the ship in WWE ? will remain the same. I don't see it changing when HHH/Stephanie take over either.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sexual chocolate for a bytch in depends, the man who brung a hand into this world says the name silverback was too much for his kids..... Ok
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This fat mafucker is a ? and i have no respect for him
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    I always saw wrestling as having a nascar kind of fanbase

nah I dont see it like that. maybe thats how it was back in the day but these days the fans are way more diverse IMO
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use to fucc this ol head ? at my last job who use to date mark in weight lifting days. She said he was a ? but a nice guy. Said he was a ? type nicca.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I use to fucc this ol head ? at my last job who use to date mark in weight lifting days. She said he was a ? but a nice guy. Said he was a ? type nicca.
    I had this yahoe back in the day that knew Mark also, and said he was such a great guy and a great family man.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options

*DEAD*

• GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options
    I think we may have the first official Japanese champion though KENTA.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Not in WWE. He has to be white with blonde hair or a sellout to his race.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad news brown rolling over in his grave at this ? .
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Bad news brown rolling over in his grave at this ? .

Well he was an Olympic Judo champ, so he probably doesn't give a ? . Plus atleast Allen held the Stampede Championship. Allen should have been the first Black WWF Champion.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    2 Cold Scorpio was the ECW champ b4 Shane Douglas took over. People forget.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

Had to look him up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qal6LKtL_2U
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is a black champion in our future, it'll be in like a year or 2. Maybe Big E will get the strap since he and super Cena are like bestfriends... we all know that white boy got some pull
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options

I just thought he was a four time Television champion.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWF ? over 2 Cold and made him a dancing ? with his two hoes

Broadus Clay was a rehash of Flash Funk aka 2 Cold Scorpio

No, and I mean NO black wrestler in WWF/E will get away scott free without being exploited in some form or fashion for being non-white. They will either make you dance, sing, eat watermelon, play some sort of pervert, decedent of Africa, voodoo priest, talk jive, got the cotton mouth, criminal past, etc. Anything that are black stereotypes, at some point while under contract to WWE you will "dance ? , you will dance".

And someone mentioned the only way to get over if you are non-white is to either dance or sell out your race............remember Chavo did that ? with the Kerwin White character? And remember his slogan, "if it ain't white, it ain't right". Chavo sold his Mexican soul for a push. He couldn't just be Chavo Guerrero, re-energized. Nope, he had to sell out to become white to get over, with a ? message at that.

chavoGuerrero3.jpg

Now who writes this ? on a consistent basis, and green lights it? It's been going on since day 1, and it won't change.

Minorities in the WWE do not stand a chance of going over just on their abilities, skill, and popularity. They have to be a menstral show at some point to appease boss, and maybe, just maybe, you'll get to sleep on the porch.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

I just thought he was a four time Television champion.

Ya my bad, thought he had it for some reason. He held the tv title and tag titles simultaneously and fought Shane Douglas b4 Shanes famous speech.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    I always saw wrestling as having a nascar kind of fanbase

nah I dont see it like that. maybe thats how it was back in the day but these days the fans are way more diverse IMO

I agree, ion think fans these days factor in race, and after reading how guys like Jericho go to bat for guys like truth, signs point to them out of touch ass ? in creative
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do you expect from a bunch of hack writers who couldn't make it in movies and legit television shows.