Christians, are you ready to abandon your religion?

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in The Social Lounge
Aren't you tired of living your daily lives logically, only to abandon the very same common sense that allows you to place one foot ahead of the other in order to walk, just to defend a useless ideology?

Don't you get tired of having the same analogies regurgitated in your face knowing full and we'll you can't relate to men living in whales and talking bushes?

Doesn't it make you nauseous to have to commune with hypocrites, liars, and gossipers every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday?

Is the music really so good that you would humiliate yourself in front of people, yelling gibberish and dancing like a tap dancing Uncle Tom?

Have you grown weary of having to live according to an outdated, mistranslated, plagiarized collection of fables for the sole purpose of appeasing people you could care less for?

Are you ready to take responsibility for your life and hold yourself accountable for your actions instead of passing the blame and praise on fictitious demons and angels?

Turn from this farce of a life. Embrace logic, science, knowledge, and the potential of the human species. It's not too late.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "much intelligence is wasted on ignorance when the desire for an illusion is great"
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thread is based on ignorance and stupidity and a total misunderstanding of the religion, nothing more than DUMB stereotypes about Christians. Following the principles of the Christian ? is a way to strength power and discipline science and religion are not mutually exclusive. does SCIENTIFIC Knowledge help you be a better father or husband or help you build character or teach you economic and general life principles??? NO

TROLL THREAD
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But faith and science go hand and hand with some of the greatest scientific minds being religious in one way or another. I mean if it wasn't for Charlemagne the Great then their wouldn't even be a modern school system as we know it. As far as people blaming demons and such for their problems those are just weak men.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Thread is based on ignorance and stupidity and a total misunderstanding of the religion, nothing more than DUMB stereotypes about Christians. Following the principles of the Christian ? is a way to strength power and discipline science and religion are not mutually exclusive. does SCIENTIFIC Knowledge help you be a better father or husband or help you build character or teach you economic and general life principles??? NO
    Tell that to the family who refuses to abort ? induced pregnancy, stem cell therapy, and vaccinations but religiously pay tithy and offerings to the elusive "building church fund", thinking they're getting over because that dollar in a dish is getting deducted from their taxes.

Their is a beautiful atheist woman out their who hates getting her ? ate, just for you my brother.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    does SCIENTIFIC Knowledge help you be a better father or husband or help you build character or teach you economic and general life principles??? NO

This is full of so much fail
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    does SCIENTIFIC Knowledge help you be a better father or husband or help you build character or teach you economic and general life principles??? NO

EXPLAIN TO ME how science is going to help someone build character???? or give some one the discipline needs to live by economic principles??
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Tell that to the family who refuses to abort ? induced pregnancy, stem cell therapy, and vaccinations but religiously pay tithy and offerings to the elusive "building church fund", thinking they're getting over because that dollar in a dish is getting deducted from their taxes.

Their is a beautiful atheist woman out their who hates getting her ? ate, just for you my brother.

Ok so some people are dumb the same can go for any group of people, This is a troll thread you don't really want to seriously discuss anything, this thread is just an excuse to bash religion in particularly Christianity.
  • LUClEN
    Options

EXPLAIN TO ME how science is going to help someone build character???? or give some one the discipline needs to live by economic principles??

Economics is a soft science
    Psychology has been making improving child rearing methods for years

"How are factual observations superior to my feelings and fiction?"

• soul rattler
    Options

Ok so some people are dumb the same can go for any group of people, This is a troll thread you don't really want to seriously discuss anything, this thread is just an excuse to bash religion in particularly Christianity.

Have I not seriously contested your earlier post? Unlike the repetitive and insensitive Christian recruiters of the internet, I have directly addressed your concerns in this thread.

Walk away from your religion today.
  • zombie
    Options

Have I not seriously contested your earlier post? Unlike the repetitive and insensitive Christian recruiters of the internet, I have directly addressed your concerns in this thread.

No you HAVE NOT. You replied by giving me an example of rare Christian extremist viewpoint most Christians see nothing wrong with vaccinations or even abortions for ? if done very soon after the ? and their are many many churches with REAL BUILDING FUNDS. Offerings are needed to keep the church running nothing is wrong with it, if you want a roof over your head you pay for it.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

Read what I said again the discipline needed to practice personal economic principles will not come simply by having scientific knowledge. AS for psychology read what I wrote again I said will science help me become a better father.

being a father is not simply "child rearing". Because the job of being a father continues beyond the adulthood of your child the rearing aspect of parenthood is only a part of being a father.
  • soul rattler
    edited July 2014
    Options

No you HAVE NOT. You replied by giving me an example of rare Christian extremist viewpoint most Christians see nothing wrong with vaccinations or even abortions for ? if done very soon after the ? and their are many many churches with REAL BUILDING FUNDS. Offerings are needed to keep the church running nothing is wrong with it, if you want a roof over your head you pay for it.

How do you know what most Christians do? Those are the most widely publicized characteristics attributed to Christians and considering the fabled "holy book" encourages faith over action, miracles over practical solution, and prefers ? over ? , not to mention there is a long storied history of preachers stealing and financially benefiting from an unsuspecting congregation, it's best to leave this disgusting lifestyle and fully embrace normalcy and sanity.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

How do you know what most Christians do? Those are the most widely publicized characteristics attributed to Christians and considering the fabled "holy book" encourages faith over action, miracles over practical solution, and prefers ? over ? , it's best to leave this disgusting lifestyle and fully embrace normalcy an sanity.

I aim that question right back at you.

ME BEING a Christian who has actually studied the religion as a whole, I believe that should qualify me more than you to say what the majority of Christians believe. It's not faith over action it's action enveloped with faith because faith without works is dead and practical solutions practiced for the clear good and pray for miracles when in hopelessness or doubt. My lifestyle is beautiful now and when I was in poverty.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    ? started a war that killed 60 million people. Stalin death toll is estimated to be over 20million. Yet we don't lump all Athiest together and think they are going to start a repressive government and systematic ly slaughter people. But we do for religion for some reason
  • soul rattler
    Options

How do you know what most Christians do? Those are the most widely publicized characteristics attributed to Christians and considering the fabled "holy book" encourages faith over action, miracles over practical solution, and prefers ? over ? , it's best to leave this disgusting lifestyle and fully embrace normalcy an sanity.

ME BEING a Christian who has actually studied the religion as a whole, I believe that should qualify me more than you to say what the majority of Christians believe. It's not faith over action it's action enveloped with faith because faith without works is dead and practical solutions practiced for the clear good and pray for miracles when in hopelessness or doubt. My lifestyle is beautiful now and when I was in poverty.

This is the internet. The intricacies of every culture is readily available at your fingertips. So even if you didn't believe me if I said that I've studied Christianity as a whole, historically, globally, and culturally, it ain't hard to do.

You're better than the religion you defend.
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ? started a war that killed 60 million people. Stalin death toll is estimated to be over 20million. Yet we don't lump all Athiest together and think they are going to start a repressive government and systematic ly slaughter people. But we do for religion for some reason

? wasn't an Atheist.
  • zombie
    Options

This is the internet. The intricacies of every culture is readily available at your fingertips. So even if you didn't believe me if I said that I've studied Christianity as a whole, historically, globally, and culturally, it ain't hard to do.

? wasn't an Atheist.

I don't see it as defending the religion I see it as dispelling ignorance and falsehood about the religion. @ THE bolded that's not quite true what the internet offers is information often biased and faulty information or contradictory information that is interpreted to reach a wanted conclusion when it come to religion rare is the totally objective look.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

? wasn't an Atheist.

Dont quote Mein Kampf or his various speechs when they were known to be used as political tools. his propaganda minster and war production minister both gave testimony on the fact that he was openly against the church.

"Around 1937, when ? heard that at the instigation of the party and the SS vast numbers of his followers had left the church because it was obstinately opposing his plans, he nevertheless ordered his chief associates, above all Goering and Goebbels, to remain members of the church. He too would remain a member of the Catholic Church he said, although he had no real attachment to it. And in fact he remained in the church until his suicide."
    Straight from Albert Speer memoir.

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Aren't you tired of living your daily lives logically, only to abandon the very same common sense that allows you to place one foot ahead of the other in order to walk, just to defend a useless ideology?

Don't you get tired of having the same analogies regurgitated in your face knowing full and we'll you can't relate to men living in whales and talking bushes?

Doesn't it make you nauseous to have to commune with hypocrites, liars, and gossipers every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday?

Is the music really so good that you would humiliate yourself in front of people, yelling gibberish and dancing like a tap dancing Uncle Tom?

Have you grown weary of having to live according to an outdated, mistranslated, plagiarized collection of fables for the sole purpose of appeasing people you could care less for?

Aren't you ready to take responsibility for your life and hold yourself accountable for your actions instead of passing the blame and praise on fictitious demons and angels?

Turn from this farce of a life. Embrace logic, science, knowledge, and the potential of the human species. It's not too late.

If everything you are saying is exactly the perspectives that Christians are holding, then maybe we should. But it is no way near it. The fact that you think that Christianity in primarily grounded in morals and rituals says you haven't grasped the truth about it. Christianity in grounded in person of Jesus; said to have been the Son of ? that the through his life, death, and resurrection has saved mankind from the curse of sin.

It would also help to understand that there is so much more to sin than just action. According to the Bible, sin is a condition that mankind cannot remedy for themselves. No matter how "morally" responsible we try to be, mankind is still doomed.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did when you abandoned the English language.
  • LUClEN
    Options

Read what I said again the discipline needed to practice personal economic principles will not come simply by having scientific knowledge. AS for psychology read what I wrote again I said will science help me become a better father.

being a father is not simply "child rearing". Because the job of being a father continues beyond the adulthood of your child the rearing aspect of parenthood is only a part of being a father.

Science is a method of learning about the world

With the scientific method we can find the best way to do anything, from raising kids to handling money

Far more effectively than a fictional book could
  • zombie
    Options

With the scientific method we can find the best way to do anything, from raising kids to handling money

No, do you know the meaning of the word discipline??? science just brings knowledge that's it technology is the application of knowledge but that still does not actually teach discipline or build character and it sure as hell does not change character how many people have come from jail thanking the knowledge or evolution and physics for their better situation in life???? THEIR IMPROVED character
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    Options

No, do you know the meaning of the word discipline??? science just brings knowledge that's it technology is the application of knowledge but that still does not actually teach discipline or build character and it sure as hell does not change character how many people have come from jail thanking the knowledge or evolution and physics for their better situation in life???? THEIR IMPROVED character

Science is a discipline

sonned.jpg
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid ass thread......

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can a ? with absolutely no belief system challenge another mans system of beliefs? Smh