EXODUS Be The Last Whitewashed Blockbuster

Options

Comments

• Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of it is idealism, like how the first buddha is portayed in Thailand, China etc compared to India. People follow, what resembles themselves.

in Morocco, Noah, Jesus, Moses etc are portrayed with dark skin/dark hair. In Europe, or the US its pale/blond etc.

eventhough I thought Noah was a decent flick, ofcourse the casting didnt make any sense from an objectice pov. Its offending(? got banned from theathres here in Indo), Hollywood is just ? up like that.

I hope the articles conclusion is right and there will finally be an open discussion about the portrayal of the egyptians/biblical people in the west.

it would empower a lot of so called minorities (western) if there is an accurate portayal of moses and the pharoahs out there.

Most people arent ready, portray the egyptians and biblical figures all bearded, (modern day extremists looking), talking in their native tongue. Merciless mofos with harems and ? lol.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be fair we should have blacks play Romans for vengeance

Ironically blacks were born on roman and Greek soil
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A good read but revealed nothing that I did not already know.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a ? about race selection in fictional stories.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sources say that Mark Wahlberg was supposed to be the lead slave in "12 Years A Slave" but turned it down due to production in other films
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop Dogg and Nipsey Hussle would be perfect for roles as Biblical Characters
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    Snoop Dogg and Nipsey Hussle would be perfect for roles as Biblical Characters

Snoop got that Lawd Jesus Perm
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

I don't either, to an extent, but I don't see the problem in having a proper cast..

It's 2014..

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't watch movies for historical accuracy anymore. Do I think it's right to have an all white cast for a film based in bronze age Egypt, ? no. The only accurate film(in terms of skin color) I have seen bout that time was the Prince of Egypt. That said I won't let skin color ruin a possible cool movie. I like these types of movies regardless, one because its funny picking out the inaccuracies and two because I like the time period.

Also bout black people playing Romans, it wouldn't be that far off. I do think there was a black roman emperor and there was definitely a black or brown general in the time of Trajan, though I need to check one of my books to confirm.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I don't watch movies for historical accuracy anymore. Do I think it's right to have an all white cast for a film based in bronze age Egypt, ? no. The only accurate film(in terms of skin color) I have seen bout that time was the Prince of Egypt. That said I won't let skin color ruin a possible cool movie. I like these types of movies regardless, one because its funny picking out the inaccuracies and two because I like the time period.

Also bout black people playing Romans, it wouldn't be that far off. I do think there was a black roman emperor and there was definitely a black or brown general in the time of Trajan, though I need to check one of my books to confirm.

Can we get a Hannibal movie made please!! I'm shocked no one has thought about doing this.
  • Copper
    Options
    Hannibal of Carthage and Memnon would be dope
  • waterproof
    Options

Can we get a Hannibal movie made please!! I'm shocked no one has thought about doing this.

They shot down Denzel Washington playing the role of the great African General
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    To be fair we should have blacks play Romans for vengeance

Ironically blacks were born on roman and Greek soil

I know, but...... Well ? white folks lol.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me as Hannibal would be goat. I'm really good in ages of empire.
  • Copper
    Options
    Me as Hannibal would be goat. I'm really good in ages of empire.

denzel-washington-walk-o.gif
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had Idris Elba play a Nordic ? . Some nerds lost their ? over it tho.
  • Copper
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

False
  • waterproof
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

I don't either, to an extent

You say that now, but if they made a film about Greek/Roman mythology (Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite, etc...)

and cast only Black actors, all of a sudden, your opinion would change....

EXAMPLE:

Ummm I'm pretty sure Apollo didn't look like Samuel L. Jackson.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. These are Greek characters, not African.

Why would they cast a bunch of Blacks to play Greco/Roman characters?

But those ? 's are black they came from Egyptians ? 's, they gave them Greek names.

Some of them still carry black features and color
  • Copper
    Options
    Aphrodite was Ethiopian
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

False

Did you see the first Thor?
  • VIBE
    Options

You say that now, but if they made a film about Greek/Roman mythology (Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite, etc...)

EXAMPLE:

You assume.

Never do that.
  • Copper
    Options

False

Did you see the first Thor?

You said he played a Nordic ? .
    He played a alien from another planet worshipped as gods from the marvel universe. They were aliens not gods but I get your point.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They don't want to make that ? lol. That goes beyond race I feel. One of the greatest generals in history that isn't white defeating a republic(Rome was a republic at the time, once they won the second Punic War that was when the dream of empire became a possibility) that most of western European civilization was based off of? That ? is never gonna get made lol. Hannibal had Rome by the throat, if he actually besieged Rome ? would be a lot different.

Someone needs to fund that ? . Carthage doesn't get enough credit.
  • VIBE
    Options

EXAMPLE:

You ? ? racists!!!!!!!!

don't let him fool you